New Pitch for Cup Clash

Muff

I doubt that domes and lights will make any difference until the known drainage problems are fixed but the expense, trouble and time that this would demand may mean it will not be done unless the rebuilding goes ahead. Years ago the building of the club deck was blamed for unsettling the drainage and it was supposedly remedied. We lowered the pitch to increase capacity 5 or 6 years ago and this brought it closer to the problem. Remember how quickly the water came through the surface last season against Dundee Utd around the centre circle while the wide areas were reasonably unaffected, the problem was underneath the pitch.

do you think that the lights are going to help? the amount of rain we get means that the lights might burnt he grass. The domes are good but have the problem of not letting light into the grass and if we had the domes already and had used them last week they would have never been off. At fir park the other night the pitch didnt look to good and the ball took a number of bobbles, so it is not just us that is having problems.

We can only assume the fact the ground-staff recommended their use and Bain sanctioned their expensive purchase that they do work...

:)

surely a week is nowhere near enough time for turf to bed , especially at this time of the year. think the problem's deeper.

Story i read today said that the drainage is a big issue, about 4-6 feet down is a layer iog brick & rbble to act as a drainage chamber but over the years sand has drifted down to, blocking this chamber & preventing the ground from draining properly.

Story i read today said that the drainage is a big issue, about 4-6 feet down is a layer iog brick & rbble to act as a drainage chamber but over the years sand has drifted down to, blocking this chamber & preventing the ground from draining properly.

I would assume the issue is drainage since it's a problem septic apparently don't share. I wonder how much it would cost to put a proper drain under the pitch, after all the stand roofs have a greater area and there is no problem with draining away the water that falls on them.