Tottenham just wont go away

rfc_no1fan

Tottenham back in the market for £8m Hutton

David Hytner and Dominic Fifield

Tuesday January 22, 2008

The Guardian

Tottenham Hotspur have rekindled their interest in the Rangers right-back Alan Hutton and believe he can be tempted to complete an £8m move. Any arrival of the Scot would see Pascal Chimbonda, who has already grown disillusioned at the club, head for the exit.

Spurs felt they had a deal for Hutton earlier this month, having agreed a fee with Rangers, only for him to insist that he wanted to stay. That led to the incongruous situation of the Ibrox chairman, Sir David Murray, and the manager, Walter Smith, suggesting that Hutton ought to reconsider. "Financially everyone knows that Rangers' position is not what it was a few years back," Smith said. "Nobody at the club wants to lose Alan but, when you are offered the type of money we were, then you reach a situation where from a financial point of view it is acceptable."

Make a deal that he can go in July if he wants to but not this month as we need him if we're going to win the league.

We should just reject this bid for a laugh. £8 million was last weeks value, we now rate him at £10 million. :rangers:

They really want him and whats an extra £2 million to them anyway?!

I agree wi that.....that would piss them right off.

Other thing is.we don't need to sell anyone.If we go on and win the league then the bids for Hutton,Cousin,Cuellar,Hemdani and maybe even Burke,Naismith,Boyd and Ferguson will be flooding in during the summer.

We need to keep this squad together till June and then see how it pans out...Hutton will go but not for £8m and not to Spurs.Man Utd for £10m if he has ambition.

Theres a lot of talk about players leaving Rangers, But there seems to be very little about who Rangers are going to bring in.

Carroll is getting interest from Derby and an approach was made

Ugo was released and went to Sheff Utd

Fulham have bid £2.5 million for Cousin and will raise that to £3 million in the next few days

Tottenham have had an £8 million bid accepted twice and will come in again today

Newcastle are lining up Carlos Cueller

We dont have any real targets and even Dailly doesnt want to come to us.

Agreed ..it's very worrying.

If it was down to murray he would sell the lot and make a profit and tell wattie to win the league wi what he has left.

We don't want Dailly but if these players are going to leave then Murray better give Wattie all the money he receives and quick..

If it was down to murray he would sell the lot and make a profit and tell wattie to win the league wi what he has left.

We don't want Dailly but if these players are going to leave then Murray better give Wattie all the money he receives and quick..

Though that point kinda misses the fact that Murray sanctioned Wattie to buy Cuellar, Whittaker, Thomsom, Darchville, Cousin, Naismith, Ugo, Weir, Gow, Broadfoot etc etc. but lets not let facts get in the way of things eh.

We're four points clear, in three cup competitions and the manager says he has a squad strong enough to compete. Is it really 'very worrying'

If Tottenham want him so badly, Rangers should raise the bid to 12 million pounds. Why when Spurs want him so badly would anyone settle for the initial fee? Basic economics here... And the idea that they would ask the player to reconsider.. is shocking.

Come on Hutton, continue to give Murray the big f*ck you. If he stays again, he'll truly be a legend.

Though that point kinda misses the fact that Murray sanctioned Wattie to buy Cuellar, Whittaker, Thomsom, Darchville, Cousin, Naismith, Ugo, Weir, Gow, Broadfoot etc etc. but lets not let facts get in the way of things eh.

We're four points clear, in three cup competitions and the manager says he has a squad strong enough to compete. Is it really 'very worrying'

Yes it's worrying if we sell Cuellar,Cousin and hutton and now Boro want Hemdani.

So would you not be worried losing 4 of your best players....

Even if Spurs did come back in with another offer, and this would only be improved wages, I still think Hutton will turn them down. If he remains here for the rest of the season he can leave with a Championship medal at least, and a team like Man U might come in for him then.

Also remember, if he does move to Spurs it would be a drop down in class, and he also wouldn't be able to play in Europe as he would be cup tied. There is also the aspect of the Spurs manager as he didn't have a good experience with a previous foreign manager.

Yes it's worrying if we sell Cuellar,Cousin and hutton and now Boro want Hemdani.

So would you not be worried losing 4 of your best players....

Who says we're selling anyone? Because our players are doing well they are being linked with clubs in the lower halfs of the EPL, why would any of our players want to move on during January to these clubs who probably don't have a hope in hell of winning anything. Where as if they stay here for at least the end of this season then they can leave as Champions. I really don't think Cuellar will leave us, and anyway as far as I can tell there has been no offer, all rumour control, the offer for Cousin has been knocked back by WS, he is probably the only one I can see who might leave, but why would he want to go to a team who is fighting relegation?, I can't see Hutton accepting any offer from Spurs, not only would he be cup-tied for Europe but would be taking a step backwards, as for Hemdani, I can't see him leaving Rangers during this transfer window as he wants to leave as a Champion.

I think the new offer will be £8m plus Chimbonda. Dont know much about him except hes a full back. Anyone got any stats ?

He's a right back who is out of favour with Spurs, don't know how good he is.

Anyway, the fee won't change as Rangers have already accepted this amount for Hutton so I don't think Chimbonda will be thrown in as a sweetner, it will be Hutton's own personal terms which Spurs will try and bump up to tempt him to make the switch. If it isn't just rumours mind you.

If Hutton goes then we are f*cked. Look how badly we missed him(and Thomson) against Gretna and Inverness. Steven Whittaker simply aint good enough.

I wouldnt take money and Chimbonda either. He's another of Willie McLies and he's on big wages, plus the fact that he's pretty p*sh.

if spurs are willing to pay 9.7m to juventus for tiago who has been awful for them, then surely we should be wanting over 10m for hutton has been terrific for us for the past year!

Thats just it - we accepted £8M, we shouldve held out for more on the basis of comparison.

The only way I can see us getting more for him now is if he is here holding an SPL winners medal come the summer.

That's Bain and Murray for you. Jump at a decent price. I really hope Hutton does not go now. The defence has been awful without him there, we have also lacked his link up play and his runs.

I think the new offer will be £8m plus Chimbonda. Dont know much about him except hes a full back. Anyone got any stats ?

Anyway, the fee won't change as Rangers have already accepted this amount for Hutton so I don't think Chimbonda will be thrown in as a sweetner, it will be Hutton's own personal terms which Spurs will try and bump up to tempt him to make the switch. If it isn't just rumours mind you.

Some of you lot really are clueless, you really think that Spurs will "chuck in Chimbonda as part of the deal ffs" :lol: Chimbonda was voted the best right back in the Premiership last season, and Chelsea have recently offered us £12 million pounds for him, do keep up wont you. :rolleyes:

Some of you lot really are clueless, you really think that Spurs will "chuck in Chimbonda as part of the deal ffs" :lol: Chimbonda was voted the best right back in the Premiership last season, and Chelsea have recently offered us £12 million pounds for him, do keep up wont you. :rolleyes:

you can keep him mate - we'll stick to Hutton thanks.

If you read my response you will see that I don't believe it about Chimbonda, as for the best right back then the quality in England can't be that good, and we all know Chelsea are stupid with their signings and the amount they pay for players. Also if he was that good then YOUR manager would be stupid to sell him. :rolleyes:

According to WS there has been no new approach.

Meanwhile, Smith has rejected reports linking Tottenham with a new bid for Alan Hutton.

Spurs had a bid for the Scottish international accepted earlier this month, only for the player to snub their overtures and stay at Ibrox.

However, widespread reports on Tuesday suggested Spurs were preparing to rekindle their interest in the full-back, but Smith says there have been no fresh developments.

"There's nothing on that one, nothing has changed," concluded Smith.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3070858,00.html

According to WS there has been no new approach.

Meanwhile, Smith has rejected reports linking Tottenham with a new bid for Alan Hutton.

Spurs had a bid for the Scottish international accepted earlier this month, only for the player to snub their overtures and stay at Ibrox.

However, widespread reports on Tuesday suggested Spurs were preparing to rekindle their interest in the full-back, but Smith says there have been no fresh developments.

"There's nothing on that one, nothing has changed," concluded Smith.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3070858,00.html

Let's keep it that way and keep the best right back in the U.K