Boyd, chance?

JONESK26

If Boyd could link up play, take a man on for pace and score, score against big teams then he wouldn't be playing for us he'd be playing for Man U with his goal scoring record. I'm desperate to see what he can do with Burke and Naisy upfront beside him. Also anyone who says yes he scored a hatrick last night but it was only East stirling then ask yourself this how many goals did JCD score last night.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also anyone who says yes he scored a hatrick last night but it was only East stirling then ask yourself this how many goals did JCD score last night.

(tu)

give him a chance with the other two young boys, burke and naismith

If Boyd could link up play, take a man on for pace and score, score against big teams then he wouldn't be playing for us he'd be playing for Man U with his goal scoring record. I'm desperate to see what he can do with Burke and Naisy upfront beside him. Also anyone who says yes he scored a hatrick last night but it was only East stirling then ask yourself this how many goals did JCD score last night.

Boyd scored three last night BECAUSE of JCD so dont let that fool you.

If JCD isnt giving Boyd the ball directly for a shot, he is dropping deep - dragging markers away and linking up the play....leaving Boyd to loiter in the box, where he is at his very best.

Ive said all along Boyd needs a partner, the performance versus E.Stirling if anything makes the case stronger.

If JCD isnt giving Boyd the ball directly for a shot, he is dropping deep - dragging markers away and linking up the play....leaving Boyd to loiter in the box, where he is at his very best.

Ive said all along Boyd needs a partner, the performance versus E.Stirling if anything makes the case stronger.

ok he does need a partner most of the time, hense the reason for givin the 4-3-3 a bash with burke and naismith around him, there both pacey and drag markers away aswell

ok he does need a partner most of the time, hense the reason for givin the 4-3-3 a bash with burke and naismith around him, there both pacey and drag markers away aswell

Not for me.

Cousin is good in that role because when we dont have the ball we revert to 4-5-1, and he has the ability to turn the defender or hold it up and bring the two wide men into play - those are not Boyd's strengths.

It needs to be 4-4-2 to get the very best of Kris Boyd.

Not for me.

Cousin is good in that role because when we dont have the ball we revert to 4-5-1, and he has the ability to turn the defender or hold it up and bring the two wide men into play - those are not Boyd's strengths.

It needs to be 4-4-2 to get the very best of Kris Boyd.

boyd and novo up front? novos got the pace, boyds got the goals

burke and naismith on the sides with barry n tommo in the centre, could MAYBE work

I seem to remember Boyd setting up JCd last night and he hit the ball into the ground allowing the keeper to save on the line. So no fucking wonder Boyd stays in the box looking for people to set him up rather than the other way round

Robbie:

Against most teams in the SPL, why not?

And why not go with the pairing from last night, Boyd & JCD?

Its all about options - hence why I would like another target man in the mould of Cousin brought in, to give us that other option.

I seem to remember Boyd setting up JCd last night and he hit the ball into the ground allowing the keeper to save on the line. So no fucking wonder Boyd stays in the box looking for people to set him up rather than the other way round

I think you missed my point - Im not comparing the two strikers Im saying that they compliment each other and in order to get the very best out of Boyd (like last night) he needs a partner.

No need to get so defensive, I want him in the team too - just not up on his own.

Robbie:

Its all about options - hence why I would like another target man in the mould of Cousin brought in, to give us that other option.

because, unlike novo...JCD, is never 100% fit.

Robbie:

Fair enough, i was merely saying it was another option where we could swap novo with burke (if injured) and have naismith on the left - leaving JCD & Boyd in the middle?

To be fair they all work.

Robbie:

Fair enough, i was merely saying it was another option where we could swap novo with burke (if injured) and have naismith on the left?

ano buddy, just saying my opinion, but at the end of the day, like every other fan i want whats best for the gers, and to me for that to happen now, boyd must be in the first 11

If he goes with the same formation as he has the last few league games then Boyd won't start I think. If we switch to 4-4-2 then he's a shoe-in.

As much as I'd like to see Boyd play, I think its either JCD or Lee leading the line if the status quo continues.

Welcome to RM btw (tu)

If he goes with the same formation as he has the last few league games then Boyd won't start I think. If we switch to 4-4-2 then he's a shoe-in.

As much as I'd like to see Boyd play, I think its either JCD or Lee leading the line if the status quo continues.

Welcome to RM btw (tu)

this is just what annoys me some times(td) hes a fans favourite and walter knows that

but it realy anoys me to see boydy play one game then dropped the next due to some1 cummin back from injury(td)

ive got sympathy for boydy coz he must feel like shite when hes dropped for some1 thats straight back from injury

Agreed (tu)

Welcome to the Site mate

Welcome to RM btw (tu)

this is just what annoys me some times(td) hes a fans favourite and walter knows that

but it realy anoys me to see boydy play one game then dropped the next due to some1 cummin back from injury(td)

ive got sympathy for boydy coz he must feel like shite when hes dropped for some1 thats straight back from injury

Well he should stop sulking and take a look at Hutton.

If he took a bit of inspiration from our now Europe renowned right back, who went from possible unreached potential to one of the contintents leading defenders then maybe he'd get more game time.

Welcome to RM btw (tu)

If he took a bit of inspiration from our now Europe renowned right back, who went from possible unreached potential to one of the contintents leading defenders then maybe he'd get more game time.

When has boyd sulked?

Welcome to RM btw (tu)

When has boyd sulked?

It was in reply to Robbie's post, saying he must feel like shite when he's not picked!

Welcome to RM btw (tu)

When has boyd sulked?

It was in reply to Robbie's post, saying he must feel like shite when he's not picked!

(tu)

Personally I think he's been more patient that most strikers would be with his outstanding goal scoring record ..

Strikers who are in goal form are generally egotistical assholes and he has kept the goals flowing .... even when given a glipse of a game from the bench.

Most would have left for bigger £££ down South by now...

Give him some more respect and play time and he will deliver GOALS...it's simply what he's good at!

:footballew:

boyd has done well for rangers, no question. But he is not the quality required to be the main striker for the rangers.

Cousin was a lazy player at times but his quality and intelligence kept boyd right out the team.

It proves how bad the current rangers forwards are if a lazy forward like cousin who hasn't scored a lot of goals for the teams he's played with, has been our main striker all season.

This rangers team needs a quality striker, if we want to dominate the manky mob.