Boyd, chance?

JONESK26

"but naw, his goals were pure tap ins and one was another penalty so they dont count, never rangers class, we only beat east stirling 3-0"

IMO "Tap Ins" are the best type of goals as they almost always involve a decent build up, which usualy involves quite a fe players which shows the team is passing well and creating things as a unit.

I saw a Bergkamp interview a few years ago and he said the team get a better lift from a "tap in" than they do from say a 30 yard wonderstrike because the "tap in" more often than not means the team has done something well to get into that position.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mccoist is a legend , due to his tap ins , so why isnt good enough for boyd to get goals like the gr8 coisty !!!

couldnt agree more :rangers:

Because Coisty did more than score tap ins.He worked tremenously hard for the team, building from deeper positions, drawing the opposition out of position for others to benefit from, made non stop runs, he didn't just stand in the boxd hoping that he wasn't offside like Boyd tends to do.

I used to love watching the crossover runs that Ally and Hately made and the panic created in the opposition defence, the number of goals each created for the other is another huge difference.

mccoist is a legend , due to his tap ins , so why isnt good enough for boyd to get goals like the gr8 coisty !!!

Because Coisty did more than score tap ins.He worked tremenously hard for the team, building from deeper positions, drawing the opposition out of position for others to benefit from, made non stop runs, he didn't just stand in the boxd hoping that he wasn't offside like Boyd tends to do.

I used to love watching the crossover runs that Ally and Hately made and the panic created in the opposition defence, the number of goals each created for the other is another huge difference.

This is exactly my point, a decent striker NEEDS a strike partner to feed off and vice versa, all great strikers throughout the years were part of a PARTNERSHIP. IMO we should be looking to find a striker that can compliment Boyd and one who Boyd could comliment also. We should ditch this whole Idea of the lone striker and get back to two up top !!

This is exactly my point, a decent striker NEEDS a strike partner to feed off and vice versa, all great strikers throughout the years were part of a PARTNERSHIP. IMO we should be looking to find a striker that can compliment Boyd and one who Boyd could comliment also. We should ditch this whole Idea of the lone striker and get back to two up top !!

EXACTLY...come on Walter Pleeeeeze go for it :pipehorse:

Great for Boydy getting a hat trick but it was East Stirling we were playing not Celtic .. before we get ahead of ourselves here.

If we're to start with Boyd he NEEDS JCD,Novo,Naismith, or Buffel next to him as he can't create against the better sides plus he has no pace so he needs pace next to him.

Absolutely, all valid points and ones Ive made several times. (tu)

Boyd done well for his hat-trick, and if he did enough to impress the manager then he deserves a run in the team. Any striker worth their salt would have scored all three, possibly even more, so lets not go over the the top.

I wasn't surprised at all he scored a hat-trick, pity I couldn't get to the bookies for a fiver on it though :(

I was more impressed with a player who's had NO chances this season, IE Alan Gow. Surely he has to replace Charlie Adam in our midfield for SPL games? He's an assist machine.

Boyd done well for his hat-trick, and if he did enough to impress the manager then he deserves a run in the team. Any striker worth their salt would have scored all three, possibly even more, so lets not go over the the top.

I wasn't surprised at all he scored a hat-trick, pity I couldn't get to the bookies for a fiver on it though :(

I was more impressed with a player who's had NO chances this season, IE Alan Gow. Surely he has to replace Charlie Adam in our midfield for SPL games? He's an assist machine.

Boyd could come of the bench against Celtic with say 9 minutes remaining and score a hatrick to win the game for us 3-2 and people like you would still critisise the guy. You would probably say that by the time he came on the Celtic defence were "tired" or that his 3 goals were only "tap ins" or come up with any other silly excuse to demean the guy.

Fact of the matter is, Boyd is the most prolific scorer this country has seen in donkeys and IMO he deserves a bit more respect.

Boyd could come of the bench against Celtic with say 9 minutes remaining and score a hatrick to win the game for us 3-2 and people like you would still critisise the guy. You would probably say that by the time he came on the Celtic defence were "tired" or that his 3 goals were only "tap ins" or come up with any other silly excuse to demean the guy.

Fact of the matter is, Boyd is the most prolific scorer this country has seen in donkeys and IMO he deserves a bit more respect.

If he done enough in training to get picked and scored against the 'better' teams consistently, then I wouldn't be on his back.

I just think the blind backing he gets from many of our fans, compared to other players, is completely ridiculous.

You're the perfect example of that, I didn't slate him once there and you're coming on having a go at me. I said that any good striker would have scored those goals - hence called Boydy a good striker.

I don't care if he scores tap ins or not, just means the other 9 players have done enough to cut open the opposition to the extent where we have a clean shot at goal. Tap ins more often than not equal good football, and good football equals happy papaguy :lol:

It's becoming pointless arguing with people who back some of our players blindly, it's a bit like arguing with a girl about feminism.

If he done enough in training to get picked and scored against the 'better' teams consistently, then I wouldn't be on his back.

I just think the blind backing he gets from many of our fans, compared to other players, is completely ridiculous.

You're the perfect example of that, I didn't slate him once there and you're coming on having a go at me. I said that any good striker would have scored those goals - hence called Boydy a good striker.

I don't care if he scores tap ins or not, just means the other 9 players have done enough to cut open the opposition to the extent where we have a clean shot at goal.

It's becoming pointless arguing with people who back some of our players blindly, it's a bit like arguing with a girl about feminism.

Have you seen him in training ? Has he been picked to play against so called "better teams" ?..... Your answer to both of these questions will be No so how can you judge him on either of these points? you can't !! The fact Walter doesnt play him is because of his stubourness to play this rediculous 4-5-1 formation which Boyd doesnt suit.

59 Goals in under 90 appearances for the club, there is nothing "blind" about it the guy scores goals, he is a striker and thats his job, thats why I back him.

I didn't slate him once there and you're coming on having a go at me

You have slated him many times uin the past and your post added a subtle dig at Boyd.

I don't care if he scores tap ins or not, just means the other 9 players have done enough to cut open the opposition to the extent where we have a clean shot at goal.

Have you seen him in training ? Has he been picked to play against so called "better teams" ?..... Your answer to both of these questions will be No so how can you judge him? you can't !! The fact Walter doesnt play him is because of his stubourness to play this rediculous 4-5-1 formation which Boyd doesnt suit.

59 Goals in under 90 appearances for the club, there is nothing "blind" about it the guy scores goals, he is a striker and thats his job, thats why I back him.

You have slated him many times uin the past and your post added a subtle dig at Boyd.

1) I haven't seen him in training, and neither have you. But Walter has, and he still hasn't had a sniff of SPL action (in a front three!) since around Boxing Day or so.

2) I've never had a problem with his goal scoring, they could bounce in off his arse and I'd still go mad when they go in. I just don't see a player unable of playing as the 1 up front in 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 as our main striker.

3) I have slated him many times because I still think his attitude stinks, his fitness is poor and for getting paid..between £5k-£10k a week I think he could make himself a much much better player - the potential is there.

with Boyds ability to score we should create the ideal set up in the team to exploit this ability not dump him...its madness

no scary ..... building an entire team around one player is madness! What happens when boyd gets injured??

Boyd imo requires the entire team to be playing well and creating! He creates nothing for himself or for those around him! When the team is struggling have you ever seen Boyd come up with a solo effort or a bit of magic to scrape the team a victory??

Have you seen him in training ? Has he been picked to play against so called "better teams" ?..... Your answer to both of these questions will be No so how can you judge him? you can't !! The fact Walter doesnt play him is because of his stubourness to play this rediculous 4-5-1 formation which Boyd doesnt suit.

1) I haven't seen him in training, and neither have you. But Walter has, and he still hasn't had a sniff of SPL action (in a front three!) since around Boxing Day or so.

2) I've never had a problem with his goal scoring, they could bounce in off his arse and I'd still go mad when they go in. I just don't see a player unable of playing as the 1 up front in 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 as our main striker.

3) I have slated him many times because I still think his attitude stinks, his fitness is poor and for getting paid..between £5k-£10k a week I think he could make himself a much much better player - the potential is there.

The fact he hasn’t had a sniff since boxing day is precisely my point when it comes to Smith’s stubbornness, the reason he hasn’t had a sniff is nothing to do with Boyds performance but the fact that Smith obviously has a problem with the guy.

We have NOT played three up top this year, you CANNOT class Naismith and Burkes positions over the past few games as that of strikers. They have both been playing wide as WINGERS in what is a variation of Walters negative 4-5-1 formation. As far as I’m concerned the sooner we get back to two traditional strikers up top the better and I will guarantee we would be a better side if we did.

As for Boyd’s attitude how can you possibly say it stinks? After months of being dropped, despite having the best goals per game ratio the country has seen in recent years, Boyd has never once privately or publicly complained or criticised the club or management. What he has done is when given the chance let his football do the talking on the pitch and continue with his prolific scoring record.

Yes I will agree his fitness may be called into question but lets put things into perspective, I could a whole list of strikers who are fitter than Boyd and who can run their @rse off for the whole 90minutes, but at the end of the day they wont get half as many goals as Boyd gets. His job is NOT to chase lots causes and run into channels, that’s for other players in the team to do his job is to score goals, period !!

with Boyds ability to score we should create the ideal set up in the team to exploit this ability not dump him...its madness

no scary ..... building an entire team around one player is madness! What happens when boyd gets injured??

Boyd imo requires the entire team to be playing well and creating! He creates nothing for himself or for those around him! When the team is struggling have you ever seen Boyd come up with a solo effort or a bit of magic to scrape the team a victory??

I remember a bit of magic against, Dunfermline I think it was, and, prob in a cup, think it was about 30 yards out... just for arguments sake :P

I remember a bit of magic against, Dunfermline I think it was, and, prob in a cup, think it was about 30 yards out... just for arguments sake :P

we lost that game 3-2 :harhar:

Nah it wasn't that game we got beat, we beat Dunfermline earlier in the year at East End park.

It's going to be hard for Walter wh ohe gives the nod to for up front on Saturday, McCulloch or Boyd?

Nah it wasn't that game we got beat, we beat Dunfermline earlier in the year at East End park.

It's going to be hard for Walter wh ohe gives the nod to for up front on Saturday, McCulloch or Boyd?

I wonder, how much of an option McCulloch is to be a striker in Walter's eyes?

I really don't know if I'd start Boyd?

There are a few formations we could play and a few players I'd like in the team. I'd like to see Naisy, Burke, JCD and McCulloch all in the same team. McCulloch and Darchy/Novo up front.

If Boyd plays then Adam cant. That would be like playing with nine men. Infact Adam shouldn't play at all.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS KRIS BOYD DESERVES A RUN IN THE TEAM I KNOW HES NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD TECHNALLY BUT HIS STATS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES !

WOT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK ??????????

awryt mate, im withyou 100% he deserves it

13 goals in 15 appearences(many of them in the last 10minutes of games) speaks for its self

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS KRIS BOYD DESERVES A RUN IN THE TEAM I KNOW HES NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD TECHNALLY BUT HIS STATS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES !

13 goals in 15 appearences(many of them in the last 10minutes of games) speaks for its self

what a record :D

it speaks for its self, fair dues he can be a lazy basterd, but even those who call him lazy, shite etc, 13 goals with 15 games? and cummin on sub in almost all of them? cant be that lazy

I know! It is frustrating though seeing when things aren't going wrong, he gets the blame.

I always have a wee laugh to msyelf when he scores now, espicially that 3rd goal agaisnt Falkirk away when he was on for 2 mins and his only touch was a goal :D

How many players do that!

it speaks for its self, fair dues he can be a lazy basterd, but even those who call him lazy, shite etc, 13 goals with 15 games? and cummin on sub in almost all of them? cant be that lazy

But you're not looking at the 12 SPL starts he had where he was subbed off before 90mins because he was useless this season.