Boyd, chance?

JONESK26

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to laugh at the people who say he is NOT a finisher. :cool:

Nobody ever doubts that he is a finisher, it's his ability as an all round footballer and his attitutde that is often questioned.

Agreed, I'm his biggest critic but I've never doubted his finishing.

The only problem is that he's not going to be playing St Mirren, East Fife or East Stirling every week if Rangers ever get to where we want them to be.

Nobody ever doubts that he is a finisher, it's his ability as an all round footballer and his attitutde that is often questioned.

The only problem is that he's not going to be playing St Mirren, East Fife or East Stirling every week if Rangers ever get to where we want them to be.

aberdeen, hearts, kilmarnock, it doesnt matter who we play, he scores against them all.

aberdeen, hearts, kilmarnock, it doesnt matter who we play, he scores against them all.

I mean if we want to be getting the the CL 2nd stage (at least) and beating Celtic every time we play them :lol:

Heard a few stats on the radio yesterday - he's started 1 game out of 10 in Europe this season, and 5 of his 14 goals this season have came against East Fife and East Stirling.

Still not convinced :( trying though!!

I mean if we want to be getting the the CL 2nd stage (at least) and beating Celtic every time we play them :lol:

Heard a few stats on the radio yesterday - he's started 1 game out of 10 in Europe this season, and 5 of his 14 goals this season have came against East Fife and East Stirling.

Still not convinced :( trying though!!

I also heard this one on the radio, 60 goals in 88 appearances. Phenomenal. Im trying to find someone with a similar record at his age and Eduardo Da Silva comes to mind. (although we all know of eduardos technical ability)

Boyd isnt entirely useless, he has set up goals, linked up in goals, sprayed the ball out wide and if he keeps getting games and chances to do it he will improve and keep scoring and win us games.

I also heard this one on the radio, 60 goals in 88 appearances. Phenomenal. Im trying to find someone with a similar record at his age and Eduardo Da Silva comes to mind. (although we all know of eduardos technical ability)

I also heard that Smith signed 3 strikers in the summer when Boyd was still here, so as I've said before, doesn't matter what we think, it's clear what Walter thinks of him.

Plus, we can't deny it, the people that matter are clearly looking at his record and saying '60 goals against who?' I think it's quite wrong to do it, but people will moan that at least 8 of his goals have came against Peterhead, East Fife and East Stirling.

1 Daniel Cousin goal against Lyon is more important that a Boyd hat-trick against East Stirling I'm afraid, and if you don't accept that Walter and Ally can quite clearly see that he's not technically a good enough player to be considered our premier striker, then his list of teams scored against might be the reason you are looking for.

Horses for courses at the end of the day, no point in a) shaping the team around Boyd or b) playing him in a formation that doesn't suit, combine both these points and that's WHY he's not getting any game time.

As daft as it sounds, I don't think hes a good finisher.

He scores a shit load of goals because he continues to get into the right positions. But if you were to add up his shot to goals ration then I reckon it would shock a few people.

He lacks the technique to be a good finisher, in my opinion.

He scores a shit load of goals because he continues to get into the right positions. But if you were to add up his shot to goals ration then I reckon it would shock a few people.

And tae think you were a big fan of Boydy at once upon a time! He'll be dissapointed in you :harhar:

And tae think you were a big fan of Boydy at once upon a time! He'll be dissapointed in you :harhar:

The feelings mutual, I assure you...