Boyd, chance?

JONESK26

Boyds goalscoring record speaks for itself, I cant argue with that.

However, Rangers are a WORSE team with him in the starting line up. We have to change formations to accomidate him and if a team like Hearts or Dundee utd sit in and defend we cannot get the ball to him in areas where he is a threat. He cant hold up the ball, head the ball or bring other players into the game so we have to rely on a piece of magic from another player or a defensive error. His goals come against lesser teams who cant defend properly, fail to win tackles (and have to step out and leave Boyd unmarked in the middle) and when he is up against poor defenders.

He is not reliable and Walter wants to have 11 people in his tea mhe can trust to win back the SPL title.

If Kris Boyd was as good as some people seem to think he is, Every club in Europe would be after him. Noone wants him, says it all.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, Rangers are a WORSE team with him in the starting line up. We have to change formations to accomidate him and if a team like Hearts or Dundee utd sit in and defend we cannot get the ball to him in areas where he is a threat. He cant hold up the ball, head the ball or bring other players into the game so we have to rely on a piece of magic from another player or a defensive error. His goals come against lesser teams who cant defend properly, fail to win tackles (and have to step out and leave Boyd unmarked in the middle) and when he is up against poor defenders.

He is not reliable and Walter wants to have 11 people in his tea mhe can trust to win back the SPL title.

If Kris Boyd was as good as some people seem to think he is, Every club in Europe would be after him. Noone wants him, says it all.

"However, Rangers are a WORSE team with him in the starting line up"

Have to disagree with this as over the last few games (excluding the East Stirling game) we have looked awful and Boyd hasnt even played. Its playing players like Hemdani and Adam that has made us a "worse" team, as there is no need to play Hemdani against most SPL teams as they don’t attack us as much as teams in Europe would. Against Gretna and ICT Hemdani offered nothing going forward and wasn’t in either of the two games and IMO we would have been more effective replacing him with another striker and playing two up top.

“We have to change formations to accomidate himâ€

All teams have to accommodate certain players in their line up it’s a team game, you can’t just put out a team of 11 identical players or even a team entirely of “hard workers†it just wouldn’t work. You have to have a balance throughout your team, certain players to do certain jobs on the pitch and to work as a “teamâ€. i.e players to defend, players to chase the game, players to create chances and players to SCORE goals, in this case Boyd !! He is a striker FFS, that’s what they do score goals !!

“His goals come against lesser teams who cant defend properly, fail to win tackles (and have to step out and leave Boyd unmarked in the middle) and when he is up against poor defenders.â€

This statement is total nonsense as Boyd over the last season and a half has scored against EVERY team in the SPL and some outwith as well as goals in Europe (when given the chance that is). Yes that includes Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell.

“He is not reliable and Walter wants to have 11 people in his tea mhe can trust to win back the SPL title.â€

He can be relied on to put the ball in the back of the net, goals win titles or am I wrong ?

"However, Rangers are a WORSE team with him in the starting line up"

Have to disagree with this as over the last few games (excluding the East Stirling game) we have looked awful and Boyd hasnt even played. Its playing players like Hemdani and Adam that has made us a "worse" team, as there is no need to play Hemdani against most SPL teams as they don’t attack us as much as teams in Europe would. Against Gretna and ICT Hemdani offered nothing going forward and wasn’t in either of the two games and IMO we would have been more effective replacing him with another striker and playing two up top.

“We have to change formations to accomidate himâ€

All teams have to accommodate certain players in their line up it’s a team game, you can’t just put out a team of 11 identical players or even a team entirely of “hard workers†it just wouldn’t work. You have to have a balance throughout your team, certain players to do certain jobs on the pitch and to work as a “teamâ€. i.e players to defend, players to chase the game, players to create chances and players to SCORE goals, in this case Boyd !! He is a striker FFS, that’s what they do score goals !!

“His goals come against lesser teams who cant defend properly, fail to win tackles (and have to step out and leave Boyd unmarked in the middle) and when he is up against poor defenders.â€

This statement is total nonsense as Boyd over the last season and a half has scored against EVERY team in the SPL and some outwith as well as goals in Europe (when given the chance that is). Yes that includes Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell.

“He is not reliable and Walter wants to have 11 people in his tea mhe can trust to win back the SPL title.â€

He can be relied on to put the ball in the back of the net, goals win titles or am I wrong ?

In the modern game, it's no longer enough for a striker to just score goals. We need players who will work hard as well as attend to their normal duties. Balance throughout a team does not mean some who work hard and some who don't.

you say "He can be relied on to put the ball in the back of the net, goals win titles or am I wrong ?" Of course this avoids the fact that Boyd actually misses a fair amount of chances, but it's a little simplistic. It's actually gaining points rather than scoring goals alone that wins titles, and we've been doing a heck of a lot of the former without Boyd in the team. And we've been scoring too. Why change it to accomodate Boyd? We all know he couldn't do the job Cousin has been doing.

Yes, I agree that Boyd isn't as bad as Adam (who to my mind is truly woeful), but I have to take issue with you singling out Brahim Hemdani. No, he doesn't offer much going forward, but neither does Carlos Cuellar. Hemdani does an integral job for the team, always keeps possession and allows thommo and barry to get that bit further up the park. It can't be coincidence that KT's recent good form has come at the same time as Watty has started playing all three in midfield.

I like Boyd, by the start o the season he lost a lot of weight, as that seemed tae be everybody's gripe about him and under Super Ally and Watty, could learn a lot, but it aw takes a wee bit o time!

Gie him tae the Jan transfer window next year and if no working any harder and no better technical skills, then fuck him out!

The team comes 1st

Great for Boydy getting a hat trick but it was East Stirling we were playing not Celtic .. before we get ahead of ourselves here.

If we're to start with Boyd he NEEDS JCD,Novo,Naismith, or Buffel next to him as he can't create against the better sides plus he has no pace so he needs pace next to him.

Spot on.

If Boyd has the correct attitude and he is in the correct line-up then he will be a great asset for Rangers. I don't think he would have done much good v Gretna/ICT, but I think Walter is readying KB for the next part of the campaign. And hopefully KB will have learned a few lessons.

Great for Boydy getting a hat trick but it was East Stirling we were playing not Celtic .. before we get ahead of ourselves here.

If we're to start with Boyd he NEEDS JCD,Novo,Naismith, or Buffel next to him as he can't create against the better sides plus he has no pace so he needs pace next to him.

didnt see JCD gettin a hatrick vs east stirling :)

boydy and JCD upront 2mro please walter (tu)

------------Ferguson-Hemdani----------

-Burke-------------------------Naismith-

---------Boyd----JCD-------------------

if they front four players are up for a game we would hump EVERYONE we play for the remainder of the season.

didnt see JCD gettin a hatrick vs east stirling :)

boydy and JCD upront 2mro please walter (tu)

------------Ferguson-Hemdani----------

-Burke-------------------------Naismith-

---------Boyd----JCD-------------------

if they front four players are up for a game we would hump EVERYONE we play for the remainder of the season.

I'd agree with that (some folk might be shocked to see me back Kris Boyd)

Quick question whilst we are on this subject, with 2 minutes to go on Sunday, don;t know about you but i was screaming for Boyd (why so late on i don't know) we needed a goal, yes we got it but we got lucky (we call the tims that for doing it time and again) so did Walter, if we had dropped 2 points would some of you have been so quick to back Walter whe we ahve the most natural finisher on the bench warming his arse?

I think we'll see him get a run-out now witth Cousin moving on.

I think he will start alongside Darcheville tomorrow, and for a good few games after that. I think we'll see McCulloch on the left and most likely Burke on the right.

the partnership worked well today could have easily had more but the lads a bit rusty...give it a few games and it will be quite good. JCD and Boyd should be our strike force in the spl

One thing that puzzles me about Boyd if he's that good,How come nobody wants him down south or abroad?

A lot of the fans I work with do, and are ALL under the impression that he wouldnt leave Rangers, and are pretty bemused by the hard time he gets

Boyd was rotten yesterday....how many easy chances will he miss.

Big Cousin would have got a hat trick so time for a new striker.

Quite funny, if you replace the word Boyd with McCoist, and Cousin with Johnston, then, you have the same conversation we used to have in about 1989!

first time i agree that boyd is not up to the job i was all for him and thought he was our main man

ive seen him when he comes on to me he isnt giving everything at times misses a chance head goes down

and misses to much sitters yes he is not mach fit i reckon but still should have had at least 2 yesterday on missing chances the aberdeen game comes straight to mind sitters like that could cost us the title

Quite funny, if you replace the word Boyd with McCoist, and Cousin with Johnston, then, you have the same conversation we used to have in about 1989!

Yes but Ally's head never went down and he was a far better footballer than Boyd is...

I personally just don't think Boyd is good enough to start..yes keep him at the club but as a bench player.

Yes but Ally's head never went down and he was a far better footballer than Boyd is...

I personally just don't think Boyd is good enough to start..yes keep him at the club but as a bench player.

I don't think Boyd is the type of person who will be content being a bench player.

I don't think Boyd is the type of person who will be content being a bench player.

Well he'll have to move on.Walter doesn't fancy him

Boyd was so rotten .. he scored and set up one - real poor !!(Please NOTE sarcasm) Most teams with a scorer will build a team round him - and you have to laugh at the people who say he is NOT a finisher. :cool:

Took the hardest of his chances well, his touch was poor and his link up play was awful but both could come with games.

I just have a feeling that yesterday will only push Smith to revert back to the system that had served him so well and put us 4 points clear before yesterday, and that will mean he goes for a target man.

Just a feeling.