Stefan Klos

The Artist

Just a thread in the defence of Stefan Klos after recently hearing people label him "mercenary". This is a guy who was immense for us in goals until he got injured.He came back from injury ready to play for us again only for McLeish to tell him he couldn't just drop Watteraus to allow Klos a game (Watteraus made loads of howlers!) Klos didnt even so much as complain and just accepted it.IMO,he was only stopped returning to the team in a bid by the club to get him to ask to move and get him off the wage bill.Don't forget,Stefan paid out of his own pocket to aid his signing for us by takin Borussia Dortmund to court in order to get a move to us.IMO he was a world class goalkeeper and did play in some rank teams for us,yet he never once ran to the papers complaining or demanding a move and always acted like a true gentleman both on and off the park.

One Stefan KLOS!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

DER GOALIE!!! Rangers Legend!! :rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers:

I'm one of the people who weren't best pleased with him.

Fair enough, he didn't want to play for the reserves to give youth a chance, but for £28k a week doing nothing...we could have had another few players for that if he'd moved on (and he knocked back several offers).

If he'd left on a high, he would have been a legend. Clouded my view of him after his injury.

Waterreus didn't make 'loads of howlers'. A few mistakes, yes. Everyone does.

he made alot more in his few months than stefan did in his entire time with us. Klos was recalled for ONE game and made a howler (away at the piggery) and was DROPPED!!!! <cr>

Klos made his fair share also.

His distribution and coming for crosses was also very poor, for such a high standard keeper.

how much led to us being beaten? he gained us alot more points than he lost tbh. watteraus was a donkey but mcleish couldnt see past him. AND watteraus is an erse for running to the papers and the stuff he said was unforgivable!

His distribution and coming for crosses was also very poor, for such a high standard keeper.

how much led to us being beaten? he gained us alot more points than he lost tbh. watteraus was a donkey but mcleish couldnt see past him. AND watteraus is an erse for running to the papers and the stuff he said was unforgivable!

True, he won us a lot more than he lost.

Against Celtic though, they eventually just began to lump balls in our box and they knew with a) the shaky defence and b) Klos's reluctance to leave his line, they'd get a fair share of goals.

Your Spot on (tu)

he made alot more in his few months than stefan did in his entire time with us. Klos was recalled for ONE game and made a howler (away at the piggery) and was DROPPED!!!! <cr>

No, Klos played in the previous game too, v Aberdeen at Ibrox.

Klos made a very good contribution overall and I certainly have no problem with anyone saying that. But there's no need to make exaggerated claims about Waterreus, who did a good job for us.

Just a thread in the defence of Stefan Klos after recently hearing people label him "mercenary". This is a guy who was immense for us in goals until he got injured.He came back from injury ready to play for us again only for McLeish to tell him he couldn't just drop Watteraus to allow Klos a game (Watteraus made loads of howlers!) Klos didnt even so much as complain and just accepted it.IMO,he was only stopped returning to the team in a bid by the club to get him to ask to move and get him off the wage bill.Don't forget,Stefan paid out of his own pocket to aid his signing for us by takin Borussia Dortmund to court in order to get a move to us.IMO he was a world class goalkeeper and did play in some rank teams for us,yet he never once ran to the papers complaining or demanding a move and always acted like a true gentleman both on and off the park.

One Stefan KLOS!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

DER GOALIE!!! Rangers Legend!! :rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers:

I 2nd your sentiments. (tu)

Klos made a very good contribution overall and I certainly have no problem with anyone saying that. But there's no need to make exaggerated claims about Waterreus, who did a good job for us.

sorry,but what am i exaggerating?

See above.

See above.

so i exaggerated because i thought klos made a comeback for ONE game when it was really TWO?? doh

Klos was a great goalkeeper who earned his place in the Ibrox Hall of Fame. Sadly, his final year was clouded by controvasy, lack of fitness and rumours of a fall out. IMO, for the sake all parties concerned, Klos should have moved on when it became obvious that Watteruss (a good goalkeeper in his own right) was preferred by McLeish (as was his right to pick as Rangers Manager). Maybe then we would not be having threads like these.

so i exaggerated because i thought klos made a comeback for ONE game when it was really TWO?? doh

No. Let me put it another way: surely you can make a case for Klos in his own right, without having a go at Wattereus?

but IMO watteraus was gash! and his attitude was stinkin

No. Let me put it another way: surely you can make a case for Klos in his own right, without having a go at Wattereus?

Klos's wasn't much better after his injury.

The club were in financial turmoil and he was sitting on his arse picking up £28k a week (£1456000 a year), while knocking back moves to other clubs.

sure i agree with the guy that started this post i remember stefen for his reflex saves and some decent penalty saves never mind his all round goal keeping

am not having ago at at the other posters who dont think klos was that good as this is a forum to say what you think but you must have selective memory and forgot how many times he saved us in games by winning us them

put it this way how many jungle jims said if it wasnt for him where would yous be well that to me must mean he done us a decent job

Klos's wasn't much better after his injury.

The club were in financial turmoil and he was sitting on his arse picking up £28k a week (£1456000 a year), while knocking back moves to other clubs.

not fair,klos only got to play a couple games after he came back.he made ONE mistake and was dropped