The day I met the "bigots"

D'Artagnan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The original article makes it sound like we're the only ones who observe a minute's silence. It's in dubious taste to basically boast about this.

As for "the northlands of Ireland" what I mostly see over there is ordinary people from various backgrounds who are sick of violence whatever quarter it comes from and are trying to get on with their daily lives. I doubt if belting out tribal anthems at Ibrox helps anyone over there.

Guest Manticore
Find it strange why thousands of Scots should sing about an irish war, and "remember" the battles HUNDREDS of years ago thats has NOTHING to do with them....almost as bad as celtic :blink:

UK wars have nothing to do with Scotland?

What an odd idea.

Find it strange why thousands of Scots should sing about an irish war, and "remember" the battles HUNDREDS of years ago thats has NOTHING to do with them....almost as bad as celtic :blink:

Thousands of Scots died in the fighting over in Ireland 3 centuries ago.

So it has alot to do with us as a Scottish/British club

An Irish war ?

Please Justiston...before you engage your mouth like that plaease at least do yourself the honour of a little research....that way you may it least spare yourself from looking so ignorant...

Battle of the Boyne

An Irish war ?

Please Justiston...before you engage your mouth like that plaease at least do yourself the honour of a little research....that way you may it least spare yourself from looking so ignorant...

Battle of the Boyne

great reply. (tu)

As I and many other wish to see an open and free social it is unfortunately that Bigotry in any form has to be tolerated in order to achieve our goal

Who is asking anyone to tolerate bigotry California ?

The problem is that whatever Rangers supporters do they are castigated for it.

Now I dont know if you live in the states....but tell me this...would Americans accept the stars and stripes being banned at their sporting venues ?

As I and many other  wish to see  an open and free societty  it is  unfortunately  that  Bigotry  in any form has to be tolerated in order to achieve our goal

Who is asking anyone to tolerate bigotry California ?

The problem is that whatever Rangers supporters do they are castigated for it.

Now I dont know if you live in the states....but tell me this...would Americans accept the stars and stripes being banned at their sporting venues ?

That was in your header "The day I met the "bigots".

Rangers supporters just have to become a little shrouded and cleverer and forget about the siege mentality that some have now got. Sometime the best defence is no defence how do you think Freemasonry has lasted for so long

Flags and jingoism we can do without if it?s on the American scale, it?s what?s in the heart that counts

Sometime the best defence is no defence

That's has been SDM's policy for some time.

I don't think it's working.

Why is SDM expected to defend anyone the only common denominator is he is the Chairman of the team we both support the only thing I wish to see is a succesful Rangers why should I need defending ?

Guest Manticore
why should I need defending ?

You are a Rangers fan.

In the eyes of many you are therefore a sectarian bigot.

A troglodyte (G Spiers).

When we made a magnificent card display of our National Flags it is compared to a Nazi Rally.

As a club and a Support we are crying out for a dcent defence in the media.

I could go on all night.

why should I need defending ?

You are a Rangers fan.

In the eyes of many you are therefore a sectarian bigot.

A troglodyte (G Spiers).

When we made a magnificent card display of our National Flags it is compared to a Nazi Rally.

As a club and a Support we are crying out for a dcent defence in the media.

I could go on all night.

Spot on Manticore....

California sorry but I relly cant get my head around your last comment...but let me give you a couple of examples of vitriolic press attacks...

Ron McKay (Sunday Herald ...3 days before the unveiling of the memorial statue) "I see they are erecting a statue of Greigie outside Ibrox to commemorate the disaster...in my opinion his time as manager wasn't that bad"

Speirs "thousands of Rangers fans making monkey noises at Bobo Balde"...when challenged repeatedly it became hundreds and then eventually "a handful"

Or Ian Archer's article a few years ago suggesting Moses McNeil only founded Rangers as a means of generating money selling football shirts.

And these are only the tip of the iceberg.

Before you say we should just ignore the press... cast your mind back to last season when the pre-season friendly with Bolton was cancelled because the Police believed crowd trouble would ensue....

Perhaps SDM is too busy to challenge these lies personally...but he should employ a PR consultant to deal with them. Some of these lies are causing real damage to our club...and are an affront to the many bears who give up there time and money to follow follow.

So many scots fought in the boyne, yes, why dont we sing about Bannockburn then?

Oh wait, I forgot, alot of our support love england and dislike the idea of Scots being/wanting independance.

Also, the boyne is seen by many as a reason to bring up catholic/prodistant hatred.

Two reasons why its so revelled at Ibrox

So many scots fought in the boyne, yes, why dont we sing about Bannockburn then?

Oh wait, I forgot, alot of our support love england and dislike the idea of Scots being/wanting independance.

Also, the boyne is seen by many as a reason to bring up catholic/prodistant hatred.

Two reasons why its so revelled at Ibrox

Well Justiston.....seeing as you seem to have such an issue with football supporters singing about historical battles....tell me have you written to the SFA asking them to stop playing Flower of Scotland before Scotland matches ?

Like I pointed out son, Oh Flower of Scotland is a song sung as our countrys national anthem...the sash, is sung due to religious problems which are evident in my clubs support.

Give it a few minutes to realise the difference :)(tu)

Are you trying to talk down on me by referring to me as "son" ?

Given that the Sash has been placed in front of the Scottish Courts and declared not to be sectarian...I find it hard how you make the connection with "religious problems"

Tell me Justiston...would you confirm or deny that our club has a Protestant identity ?

Any one who goes to Ibrox knows what that song is about and the reasons it is sung, you should come by this Saturday for a change (tu)

It has a protestant "identity" due to the club being run by bigots for so long, hmmm, lovely thing to cling onto :blink:

Any one who goes to Ibrox knows what that song is about and the reasons it is sung, you should come by this Saturday for a change (tu)

It has a protestant "identity" due to the club being run by bigots for so long, hmmm, lovely thing to cling onto :blink:

Justiston,

I make it a habit of refusing to engage in slating a fellow bear...so if you want to make snide little cheap remarks...go ahead but you will be on your own.

Correct me if Im wrong here...but are you saying that having a Protestant identity is bigotted ?

I'm saying that refusing to sign catholics is bigoted, and im saying if some one wants to sing and shout about being a protestant, they can do it in their homes or at church.

I wonder how many of the fans i see singing about their "protestant identity" make it too church <_<

Answers on a stamp (tu)