Welcome to Ibrox - Steven Davis

tgblue

I cannot wait to see Davis play. I have liked him ever since he made his Villa debut back in 2004. He is exactly what we have been missing and him being a f*kn fanatical Rangers fan will make even more of an impact. You don't get linked with Man U and Liverpool for no reason. You don't win every player of the year award possible at your club at a young age for no reason. You don't run the show against Man U, Liverpool and in a lot of EPL games plus on International duty against the likes of Spain, Sweden and Denmark for no reason.

Wait until you see the class, commitment and passion he'll bring, especially alongside Ferguson!

Hi Muff,

I have never seen him play, but you really like him. I usually agree with most of your opinion on players so your description of him really excites me. Cannot wait to see him play. I hope he IS that box to box midfielder we have been missing.

Howdy mate.

Rate him big time, his passing and movement is like that of Paul Scholes. David O'Leary, SAF, Stuart Pearce, Lawrie Sanchez, Gerrard Houllier will say the same. Really happy and excited about this one.

This is exactly what we have been missing. Probably a more gifted player than Ferguson!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to see Davis play. I have liked him ever since he made his Villa debut back in 2004. He is exactly what we have been missing and him being a f*kn fanatical Rangers fan will make even more of an impact. You don't get linked with Man U and Liverpool for no reason. You don't win every player of the year award possible at your club at a young age for no reason. You don't run the show against Man U, Liverpool and in a lot of EPL games plus on International duty against the likes of Spain, Sweden and Denmark for no reason.

Wait until you see the class, commitment and passion he'll bring, especially alongside Ferguson!

Hi Muff,

I have never seen him play, but you really like him. I usually agree with most of your opinion on players so your description of him really excites me. Cannot wait to see him play. I hope he IS that box to box midfielder we have been missing.

Howdy mate.

Rate him big time, his passing and movement is like that of Paul Scholes. David O'Leary, SAF, Stuart Pearce, Lawrie Sanchez, Gerrard Houllier will say the same. Really happy and excited about this one.

This is exactly what we have been missing. Probably a more gifted player than Ferguson!

A much better buy than Robson from DU then? Seriously as I thought he was a good player.

A much better buy :blink: than Robson from DU then? Seriously as I thought he was a good player.

Here's hoping....

lol not a doubt in my MIND that he will be

Damn right there is room for both and this is something which excites me!

Barry Robson couldn't lace Davis boots. Davis has just turned 23 and has played 101 EPL games. He was the youngest ever N. Irish Captain and has done it against the best. Could do with improving his scoring record tho.

Not to be negative, but Davis has been rotten for Fulham this season. I watch all the Cottagers matches, and Davis has often been the weakest link in midfield. He's lost his confidence passing and in positioning. He wasn't much in the tackle and he has been shrugged off the ball extremely easily. He repeatedly put a weak Fulham defense under pressure due to holding the ball too long or passing poorly. He was non-existent in the attacking third. He plays central midfield, box to box. He is certainly not an attacking midfielder, tends to sit deeper.

He is extremely young, and showed good instincts for Villa and NI, but its fair to say that he has not yet lived up to the expectations of thats first season.

He has not looked the same player as he did for Villa (in his first year) or for Northern Ireland. Hopefully, his confidence returns and he proves a good loan, but as I said in the other thread I'm not expecting much in the immediate contribution category. Also, the quality of players at Rangers is slightly higher and the SPL opposition is far worse, both of which will hopefully help him regain form. A change in environment might be the ticket, but I don't think this a great coup or anything just yet.

All that said, if he actually keeps Adam and McCulloch out of the side, I will be happy.

Not to be negative, but Davis has been rotten for Fulham this season. I watch all the Cottagers matches, and Davis has often been the weakest link in midfield. He's lost his confidence passing and in positioning. He wasn't much in the tackle and he has been shrugged off the ball extremely easily. He repeatedly put a weak Fulham defense under pressure due to holding the ball too long or passing poorly. He was non-existent in the attacking third. He plays central midfield, box to box. He is certainly not an attacking midfielder, tends to sit deeper.

He is extremely young, and showed good instincts for Villa and NI, but its fair to say that he has not yet lived up to the expectations of thats first season.

He has not looked the same player as he did for Villa (in his first year) or for Northern Ireland. Hopefully, his confidence returns and he proves a good loan, but as I said in the other thread I'm not expecting much in the immediate contribution category. Also, the quality of players at Rangers is slightly higher and the SPL opposition is far worse, both of which will hopefully help him regain form. A change in environment might be the ticket, but I don't think this a great coup or anything just yet.

All that said, if he actually keeps Adam and McCulloch out of the side, I will be happy.

First negative post I've heard - I hope the change of scenery works wonders then and he reverts to his old form.

Muff? Best in EPL?!

WE live in hope!!

Fair points, I see some real parallels between Davis and Barry Ferguson. They both hold onto the ball too long when they think that those around them will do nothing with it if he were to give them it....and lets face it, that fulham team is pish, but you hit the nail squarely when you mentioned confidence.

Confidence is something we can work on, the talent is undoubtedly there.

We already have the advantage that the boy is a bluenose, if ever there was an incentive to impress at your new (albeit Loan) Club that has to be it. He will be working alongside Ally McCoist, Walter and Kenny - all of whom are well known for getting the man management aspect spot on.

True he might not bee the most creative player, but he can pick a pass - something that if BF is out of sorts we lack terribly. I see Davis as a Kevin Thomson with a final ball or a Hemdani with a biting tackle, he will complement our midfield perfectly.

Lastly his age....22 years old. All his football life in front of him - the idea of this boy becoming a mainstay in our midfield with KT and BF is putting a smile on my face. I hope he does the business here and earns himself a permanent move because that midfield has the potential to dominate the SPL for a few years to come yet.

A terrific engine, a biting tackle and an eye for a final ball - we build his confidence and he will help us build a formidable outfit.

Welcome Home Steven Davis.

To be honest I didn't know too much about him, so I texted my mate who goes to nearly all the Northern Ireland games, including going to a lot of away games all over Europe, and he responded saying

" I rate him highly. He's our playmaker. Assist for Healy goal vs England. Can tend to drift in and out of games and small though. Good signing!"

So if my mate who sees him play for Norn Ireland quite a bit rates him, I reckon he can do a good job for us

To be honest I didn't know too much about him, so I texted my mate who goes to nearly all the Northern Ireland games, including going to a lot of away games all over Europe, and he responded saying

" I rate him highly. He's our playmaker. Assist for Healy goal vs England. Can tend to drift in and out of games and small though. Good signing!"

So if my mate who sees him play for Norn Ireland quite a bit rates him, I reckon he can do a good job for us

And more importantly if Walter thinks he can do a job....

I am well chuffed at this signing, also very surprised, and if the reports are true we will have an option to buy at the end of the season. We have the money from Hutton, possibly Cousin as that could still take place and if Fulham get relegated they can't over price us for him.

Amazing to think we turned him down as a youth.

And more importantly if Walter thinks he can do a job....

Very true, Walter is the one who is in charge, so if he reckons he will strengthen our squad ( especially after he said all that stuff about not going to bring in any players unless they add to the squad positively), And Walter does tend to know what he's doing. For example last summer, he brought in Cuellar, great signing, DMB, who did play well until injured, JCD same as DMB but obviously fit again now. McCulloch has played quite well at times, Cousin has scored goals which is his job, even if his attitude is off, Thomson has been amazing etc. So I'm confident that Walter's run of buying good players can continue