Tactics.....or lack of

JR

That was the problem tonight methinks!

Clearly if we were up against an established Clan we wouldve been taken to the cleaners - not that we didnt get our baws kicked tonight!

Lets see if we can get together and have a few practice matches..even if we split ourselves into 2 groups and have a private match just to get some practice in.

I would suggest we pick a time that suits us and get maybe 12 online - split into 2 groups and try some things out?

What d'you guys think?

I think its a good idea to practise bcoz tonite was the first time id done hardcore S&D and i was absolute dirt

Far from it mate....you were better than i was the first few times I played it (tu)

It wont be hard to get organised and when we do - we can piss all over some of those teams.

i used to play in TOP Counter-Strike clans in the UK and played against top clans from abroad, and what u need in a team is CORE members who can play all the time, and solid tactics in each map which can be used over and over with just a simple call, we done practises and practised for hours sometimes looking at corners/ledges/bushes we cud hide and take out our opponents, Comm between players is KEY in FPS Online shooters! and within maps u need to know them like the back of ur hand and give a certain area a name which ur team can relate to so ur teammates know ur position and if u r killed, know where the enemy roughly is, when u get this down to a tee then u can hit up the good teams and challenge, this all depends on ur individual skill aswell, but i've seen a bunch of average players do a good bit of damage to good teams in the past just based on REALLY good team work and calls, thats if of course u r average, u cud be very good, i dont know!! anyways i hope this helps if i can help u's in anyway etc just gimme a shout as i have pld online gaming for about 7 years and about 3-4 playing at the top in Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat, more so in DoD played amongst the best players in the world and challegned them constantly.

What sort of sizes are these clans, generally speaking?

Each game consists of 6 v 6. The Clan can be made up from about 25 players. So you can potentially have 4 teams per Clan.

i used to play in TOP Counter-Strike clans in the UK and played against top clans from abroad, and what u need in a team is CORE members who can play all the time, and solid tactics in each map which can be used over and over with just a simple call, we done practises and practised for hours sometimes looking at corners/ledges/bushes we cud hide and take out our opponents, Comm between players is KEY in FPS Online shooters! and within maps u need to know them like the back of ur hand and give a certain area a name which ur team can relate to so ur teammates know ur position and if u r killed, know where the enemy roughly is, when u get this down to a tee then u can hit up the good teams and challenge, this all depends on ur individual skill aswell, but i've seen a bunch of average players do a good bit of damage to good teams in the past just based on REALLY good team work and calls, thats if of course u r average, u cud be very good, i dont know!! anyways i hope this helps if i can help u's in anyway etc just gimme a shout as i have pld online gaming for about 7 years and about 3-4 playing at the top in Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat, more so in DoD played amongst the best players in the world and challegned them constantly.

Great stuff mate, thanks (tu)

Any chance youre getting a PS3.........?

we definately need to get tactics going as some games we done well and won but other games we were running about like headless chickens. Communication was lacking aswell.

The last couple we played before i went off we done alright and got a few round wins

we definately need to get tactics going as some games we done well and won but other games we were running about like headless chickens. Communication was lacking aswell.

The last couple we played before i went off we done alright and got a few round wins

Shall we try and get everyone together for a Practice match this weekend...say Sunday afternoon/night? That gives plenty of notice.

We can set up a private match and work on areas and tactics...?

I think we are better on some maps such as bloc and pipeline we seem to work more as a team.

We just need to play more and we will get better, i think we are all pretty good we just to work on the teamwork side of things.

we were just lacking that consistency. we owned pipeline, ambush, bloc and strike but struggled at overgrown and backlot. but when communication is good we do really well at times but when its bad we are running round like headless chickens! like at overgrown when the bomb carrier was going to A but the rest of us were going to B.

we all have those little areas or places we like to go to on maps when defending on s&d, so we might have to get used to that(some of us probably already are). so that if that person gets killed you know where they are and that that person may have the bomb, so you instantly know to go that target to defend it(especially if that person is the last one left on the oppositions team).

would be good to get some team practice on the maps that we struggle on (tu)

Wasn't on for long last night so i cannot comment on it. :)

But communication is absolutely vital in winning against organised teams. I think it was Jama who made a really good point. We need to divide the map into little portions and give each one a name. Thatnot only helps us to easily identify where a teammate is/is telling you to go, it gives that level of security against the other team.

At the moment we communicate by saying something along the lines of "I'm moving towards target B" or "Planting bomb at target B." As a result, any enemy with half a brain will just flank or overrun you.

But say we divide the map up and give names to the target, for instance "Currently in position Alpha, all clear for now." or "Planting Bomb at target Girodome." :D For one, the enemy doesn't have a clue where you are or what target you are planting the bomb at. This is definitely a tactic we need to employ if we are going to compete against the best players and teams.

We also need to know our teammates' little routines. It could be useful if everyone posted what they normaly do at the start of a game, and where do they normally head for first. That way, we are instantly aware of where our team will be and organise from there.

Personally, i usually head straight for a position where i think the enemy will be. Not the best of ploys though if you are looking to last longer than five seconds. So that will probably have to change.

good post lee (tu)

We also need to know our teammates' little routines. It could be useful if everyone posted what they normaly do at the start of a game, and where do they normally head for first. That way, we are instantly aware of where our team will be and organise from there.

these are all when i am defending

pipeline - i plant claymores at the entrances to A, then go into the far left corner and wait for the bassas to appear.

ambush - i go into the house overlooking B and sniper folk.

strike - i go into the house next to B and sniper folk who are running to A.

overgrown - i tend to kneel in the grass at B and sniper folk.

backlot - i overlook target A from the building at the other side of the map and try to sniper folk who are trying to plant the bomb at A, in this position i can also provide cover for B but nobody ever goes to B at backlot.

bloc - i sit at the top of the stairs at A, works more often than not.

district - still trying to find the best place to defend, but it is somewhere near B :lol:

basically on maps where both targets are possible destinations for the enemy, we should be getting 3 on each. but at places like backlot where B tends to never be used, maybe get 1 person on B, 1 in between then 4 at A or something like that.

Some nice tactics there Bluenose. (tu)

Like i said, mines are pretty amatuerish. I basically vary my tactics on every level. I suppose that might be a good thing though as i don't have a set way of playing each level and therefore am open to new suggestions.

I am basically the perfect soldier who will carry out orders instead of find his own little routines. :lol:

And one thing i rarely do is carry the bomb unless i am one of the last guys left. I just like to concentrate on out-shooting the enemy rather than evading them.

Shall we try and get everyone together for a Practice match this weekend...say Sunday afternoon/night? That gives plenty of notice.

We can set up a private match and work on areas and tactics...?

not at this moment in time matey, but maybe in the near future i might get onto buying one, am happy with my 360 and PC atm (tu) but i can proberly still help somehow (tu)

Some nice tactics there Bluenose. (tu)

Like i said, mines are pretty amatuerish. I basically vary my tactics on every level. I suppose that might be a good thing though as i don't have a set way of playing each level and therefore am open to new suggestions.

I am basically the perfect soldier who will carry out orders instead of find his own little routines. :lol:

And one thing i rarely do is carry the bomb unless i am one of the last guys left. I just like to concentrate on out-shooting the enemy rather than evading them.

thats ok we have andy to carry the bomb :lol:

I have all the maps on imagehost at the mo so will make a new thread this evening and get them post.

In teams you are not supposed to hear theopposition unless you have eavesdrop on and even then it barely works. It is just a game glitch that is happening at the moment and that is why we can sometimes hear the other team.

I have all the maps on imagehost at the mo so will make a new thread this evening and get them post.

In teams you are not supposed to hear theopposition unless you have eavesdrop on and even then it barely works. It is just a game glitch that is happening at the moment and that is why we can sometimes hear the other team.

Sound (tu)

was just thinking whether what classes we use could help with these "tactics"? we could have people with claymores, others with c4 and others with 3 frag grenades. we could have 2 or 3 people with snipers(depending on which map of course), some with uav jammer and things like that.... thoughts?