Who is Your Favourite All-Time Rangers Player

Canadaready

My favourite all time Rangers player would have to be Ally McCoist.

In recent times, its easy to think back to the McCoist era with fondness. But, as can be seen since his return as a coach to Ibrox, McCoist would lay everything down for the club. As I said with my choice of current Ger being Barry Ferguson, both talent and love for the club come into play here for me. Ally McCoist was a marvellous player and I stand by him as my all time favourite.

Who is your favourite player and why?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it has to be Davie Cooper. As a youngster in primary school (1980 - 1987) we were actually pretty awful as a team. A number of mediocre players were wearing the jersey and the team just wasn't doing it.

But regardless of what other people were up to, Davie Cooper was there week after week with a talent that was head and shoulders above the rest. As Ally McCoist began to emerge as our top scorer I can't even guess how many were assists from Davie.

Off the field he was a true gentleman and always had time to sign autographs for me whenever I went up to Ibrox to try to meet the players after training sessions.

He was a Ranger through and through and it is a terrible shame he never got the recognition he deserved until after he had passed away.

For me, it has to be Davie Cooper. As a youngster in primary school (1980 - 1987) we were actually pretty awful as a team. A number of mediocre players were wearing the jersey and the team just wasn't doing it.

But regardless of what other people were up to, Davie Cooper was there week after week with a talent that was head and shoulders above the rest. As Ally McCoist began to emerge as our top scorer I can't even guess how many were assists from Davie.

Off the field he was a true gentleman and always had time to sign autographs for me whenever I went up to Ibrox to try to meet the players after training sessions.

He was a Ranger through and through and it is a terrible shame he never got the recognition he deserved until after he had passed away.

Your choice and and your words leave nothing more to be said, other than, for me, it's the perfect post for this thread, whilst rating others' choices very highly too.

(tu)

Well said mate, my sentiments exactly.

from guys ive seen first hand i cant split gazza & super ally. (goram and laudo maybe too)

feck - we used to have loads of world class players at ibrox.

anyone know a russian billionaire? :lol:

Coisty or Laudrup for me. McCoist had heart and passion and was a great laugh as well as being a quality striker but Brian Laudrup was an exceptional talent. Amazing to think we had both of them and Gazza in the same team when you compare it to what we have today.

Davie Cooper without a doubt.

He did have his bad games as already mentioned but to me even a bad game from him was a joy to watch as there was still that expectation there that he was going to do something special before the end of the game.