A Wee Quiz To Relieve The Stress

TheMotor

Ok, everyone seems a bit tense at the moment, so I thought I would throw in a little distracting quiz for the historians and Wikipedia searchers amongst you. Anyone who can get 5 or more on this without using Wikipedia or Google is a true legend.

All of the questions are about Rangers and internationals for Scotland. I'm off to the pub after typing this and will come back tomorrow and play teacher if anyone bothered with some answers. ;):beer1:

1 - Which Rangers legend was coach to the Scotland Victory Internationals team in 1918-1919?

2 - Which Ranger holds the record for most games as Captain of Scotland?

3 - How many Scotland internationals have been held at Ibrox?

4 - In the list of Scotland's greatest goalscorers, the top 2 to have played for Rangers are Ally McCoist, with 19 goals, and Bob Hamilton, with 15. Who is next, with 14 goals?

5 - On 20th March, 1886, Rangers forward Charlie Heggie made his debut for Scotland in a game against Ireland. It was to be his only international match. Why is this so amazing?

6 - Who was Rangers youngest ever Scotland debutant, scoring on his debut vs Wales on 20th October 1962 at the age of 18 years, 8 months and 26 days?

7 - John Greig first captained Scotland at the age of 23 years, 1 month and 29 days in an international match in which he scored the winning goal. Who were the opposition that day?

8 - Who was the last Rangers player to score a hat-trick for Scotland?

9 - Since 2001, 6 players have won 5 or more caps whilst playing for Rangers. Barry ferguson, David Weir and Kris Boyd are 3 of them, who are the other 3?

10 - Only 2 Rangers players have been sent off whilst on international duty for Scotland, who are they?

Special Bonus question for geniuses and good researchers:

11 - In March 1893, John Barker of Rangers scored a hat-trick on his Scotland debut, an 8-0 thrashing of Wales at the Racecourse Ground. What was the official match attendance?

1 - Bill Struth? I thought the team was run by a selection committee at the time.

2 - John Greig? Possibly Gough or Ferguson.

3 -

4 - Mo Johnstone

5 - He scored 4 goals, one of only 2 players to do so in their one and only Scotland cap.

6 - Willie Henderson

7 - Italy

8 - Colin Stein

9 - Alan Hutton, Maurice Ross and Steven Thompson.

10 -

OK, back from the pub and well rested, impressed by the number of answers found, mainly by Mike Newell, with some good topping up by a number of others. The answers are inserted below.

1 - Which Rangers legend was coach to the Scotland Victory Internationals team in 1918-1919?

Bill Struth. The team was selected by committee but "managed" by a coach or trainer.

2 - Which Ranger holds the record for most games as Captain of Scotland?

George Young. 54 caps for Scotland, 45 as captain

3 - How many Scotland internationals have been held at Ibrox?

20. With 13 victories, 3 draws and 4 defeats

4 - In the list of Scotland's greatest goalscorers, the top 2 to have played for Rangers are Ally McCoist, with 19 goals, and Bob Hamilton, with 15. Who is next, with 14 goals?

Maurice Johnston. 10 caps and 2 goals while a Rangers player

5 - On 20th March, 1886, Rangers forward Charlie Heggie made his debut for Scotland in a game against Ireland. It was to be his only international match. Why is this so amazing?

Scored 4 goals in a 7-2 victory but was never selected again.

6 - Who was Rangers youngest ever Scotland debutant, scoring on his debut vs Wales on 20th October 1962 at the age of 18 years, 8 months and 26 days?

Willie Henderson. The opening goal in the game was scored by another Gers legend, Eric Caldow

7 - John Greig first captained Scotland at the age of 23 years, 1 month and 29 days in an international match in which he scored the winning goal. Who were the opposition that day?

Italy. Our only victory against them in 9 attempts

8 - Who was the last Rangers player to score a hat-trick for Scotland?

Colin Stein. He scored 4 in an 8-0 victory over Cyprus in May 1969

9 - Since 2001, 6 players have won 5 or more caps whilst playing for Rangers. Barry ferguson, David Weir and Kris Boyd are 3 of them, who are the other 3?

I was wrong, there were 7. The other 4 were Maurice Ross, Alan Hutton, Steven Thompson and Neil McCann. I forgot McCann (well, you do, don't you?)

10 - Only 2 Rangers players have been sent off whilst on international duty for Scotland, who are they?

Richard Gough and Maurice Ross. Against Switzerland and Germany, respectively

Special Bonus question for geniuses and good researchers:

11 - In March 1893, John Barker of Rangers scored a hat-trick on his Scotland debut, an 8-0 thrashing of Wales at the Racecourse Ground. What was the official match attendance?

My personal favourite statistic of all time, this one. The official match attendance was 4.