Taylor Tackle!

Bazza

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsene Wenger is a moron wanting the boy banned for life!!! Im guessing heez wearing his Arsenal specks again beacuse his team never have bad tackles or sendings off!!! Tit!!!

Best of luck to Eduardo with a quick recovery and as some have said it was his quick feet which caused a split second tackle to look so much worse!!! I actually feel sorry for the boy Martin Taylor aswell cause thats what he'll always be remembered for from now on and the guy was just unlucky with a mis timed tackle, the was no malice involved IMO.

I can't see any justification in anyone saying he meant to hurt the guy.

Any footballer who actually wants to hurt someone would have done it well before now.

Keane etc did it routinely throughout their careers and made no bones about it.

To the best of my knowledge, Taylor has never hurt any opponent in his career, and he's about 29 ffs.

It was just a horribly timed challenge and the repercussions have been severe.

I can't understand some people saying they wouldn't have even booked him?

Eduardo was just to quick for him so the tackle is not his fault?

The fact is his studs were up and midway up his lower leg and it was nothing else than a red card.

I don't think he ment to do it of course but that doesn't excuse him

Did you ever play football ?

If you go in for the tackle, you make sure you get the ball. If you don't get the ball you pull back your leg (every normal person can make that decision in a fraction of a second). If he had done that he would still have taken down Eduardo, but he wouldn't have ended the lad's career. If you go in with your studs you have to carry the consequences.

agree

Ok you go and throw yourself into a sliding tackle with all your momentuem behind you and see if you can pull your leg out the way in less than a second

He had the time to lower the studs on his boots, it should be instinct as soon as you realise you're going to miss the ball.

Maybe I'm bias due to my Goooooonership, I don't forgive the guy. Was a horrific tackle, and even if it wasn't 100% intentional, he could have taken measures to lessen the blow.

as someone who has been in that position, only a motor car not a boot ,he will have it pinned and will take about 6 month till hes near ok if it sets straight , but its down to your mind not fitness. it reminds me of ian durrants injury and tackle only his was on the knee.

I can't understand some people saying they wouldn't have even booked him?

Eduardo was just to quick for him so the tackle is not his fault?

The fact is his studs were up and midway up his lower leg and it was nothing else than a red card.

I don't think he ment to do it of course but that doesn't excuse him

did you see the tackle on boa morte in the fulham west ham game,west hams players studs were up at boa mortes balls and got away with it,because he didnt mean it,like other say theres nowt you can do in a split second,sometimes they connect sometimes they dont but does that mean every player who goes in with studs up is out to hurt or ruin someones carreer.

A couple of weeks ago playin for my amateur team I (unintentionally) pulled off a challenge very similar to Taylor's, only I was lucky enough not to injure the boy and apologised for a rough tackle. Point is tho, as soon as he knocked the ball past me, I could see myself going right into his shin with the studs up, but because of the speed I was going etc I just couldnt pull out of the challenge. So even if Taylor's was unintentional, I know from experience that pulling out of a challenge can take a lot longer than a split second.