My mate timmy on Gazza

Gazzas_Flute

I have a choice to have a spine and not become an alcoholic, although I do drink a wee bit too much maybe

I have a choice not to stay in jobs where my boss is an idiot

I have a choice to get up off my knees and live instead of grubbing around for pitiable excuses for every time things go wrong for me

No, you don't. You don't have any of the above choices. You, like me, like Jim, like Gazza, and Lennon have no free will.

It does not exist.

You think you're free? You only think you are.

But do enjoy that superiority complex of yours.

x4j19u.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a choice to have a spine and not become an alcoholic, although I do drink a wee bit too much maybe

I have a choice not to stay in jobs where my boss is an idiot

I have a choice to get up off my knees and live instead of grubbing around for pitiable excuses for every time things go wrong for me

No, you don't. You don't have any of the above choices. You, like me, like Jim, like Gazza, and Lennon have no free will.

It does not exist.

You think you're free? You only think you are.

But do enjoy that superiority complex of yours.

x4j19u.jpg

Not so. Look up Libet...Benjamin to be exact.

I'm way over myself, I'm just saying that you do have some element of choice and I'm not into pansifying every sob story that drags us down into mediocrity. Folks want their arses wiped in this country, whiny self-pitying crap. Dyslexia this and social deprivation that...

Gazza wasn't prepared for the live he fell into, but Gazza slapped his missus around, he has lots of friends who have tried to help him, I wish him well, I just feel that people need to take some responsibility for what they do.

What next? Fred West couldn't help himself? Bible John was misunderstood? Come on!

I'll let someone else take this.

The thread started as a question about abusing people from the terraces, which I do not agree with it, here on our forum I am entitled to believe that we have some responsibilities for our actions, otherwise I'd be a pape, if this is something I need to 'get over' then sorry.

One of you is talking about booze another is talking about mental illness, who am I talking too? And which of you has a degree in psychology? and why does having an opinion mean I have a superiority complex? I'm better than the junkies that zombie up my city, that's hardly getting above myself is it?

I'm way over myself, I'm just saying that you do have some element of choice and I'm not into pansifying every sob story that drags us down into mediocrity. Folks want their arses wiped in this country, whiny self-pitying crap. Dyslexia this and social deprivation that...

Gazza wasn't prepared for the live he fell into, but Gazza slapped his missus around, he has lots of friends who have tried to help him, I wish him well, I just feel that people need to take some responsibility for what they do.

What next? Fred West couldn't help himself? Bible John was misunderstood? Come on!

Of course there's an element of choice, but once that free will becomes an addiction then it is something to be treated. Of course the rest of us could just stand aside and allow them to get on with it, but what if it was your brother/sister/mother/father/friend that had lapsed a superior state of humankind?

Love how you entered his one and only moment of true disgrace, due to his illnes.

Are you seriously comparing the mind of an evil killer to that of someone who has fell victim to one of socials many woes?

No way, please don't read that into it, I'm saying that clearly we have choices of some degree. But this isnae about Gazza. That's something your reading in, i thought the debate had opened up to wider issues.

Of course we do, but there are various reasons why people become Dependant on drink & drugs.

Acting smarmy 'cause you never had to deal with those issues or fell in to that trap appears highly smug and condescending

Going back to the original post we are debating the way the pack feel it's ok to band together and abuse someone/anyone in a form of collective bullying.

I say no.

Somewhere along the way I admited to drinking a wee bit too much, but being in a battle with myself I choose not to be an alcoholic, there but for the grace of god go I, I have mates who went bananas over pills and acid, they liked it, they liked it a lot, like sweeties, but only kids keep eating sweeties when they know they shouldn't. I do feel just a bit that we are getting like children when we start to think that way, and I feel that too many Westerners indulge their inner child when they need to grow up. I feel for sportsmen because they are often like the overindulged child, they run about and play for a living then, bam, the knees are gone and nobody wants you.

I worked for a bit with young offenders, there were ones who'd been abused and ones who were abusers. A tough wee lad pulled me up for being polite to one of the sexual predators, he said 'It's nae excuse whit happened to them, it happened to me an ah'm no a f*kin beast.' I agree with the lad. Now I'm not comparing one thing to another, please be clear on that. I'm saying I want to believe that we can rewire the brain at critical times.

Could you point out the 'smarmy' or apologise. If you can clearly identify aforementioned smarmy I'll happily recant.

And of course I've had to deal with those issues, anyone living these days is having to deal with depression, disappointment, addiction, abuse, poverty, including this 'smarmy' Ger.

It may be an illness but when was the last time you had malaria an decided you'd go back down to the Bungo Bungo and drink hippo water?

That to me is smugness on an alarming scale, I'd call that pretty damn smarmy.

this is a delicate topic. Most people on RM I would imagine have experienced or been affected by drink or drugs in some way.

I have.

I think its important to be sensitive to others feelings when it comes to talking about these issues that we would rather avoid.

I also think shared experiences in life can be helpful. Thats what PM is for if you wish to discuss.

Anyway, heres looking to tomorrows game.

How so? Ask someone else and they might see a point couched in satire. Since when was a serious point couched in satire smarmy?

If you have a disease like malaria you do not go to infected water

If all the illnesses that pervade western society were illnesses then why do people keep going back to them knowing that they are what they are?

I do not think all illnesses are such.

I smoke, I have done since i was 14, stupid, very stupid but I can't call it an illness.

this is a delicate topic. Most people on RM I would imagine have experienced or been affected by drink or drugs in some way.

I have.

I think its important to be sensitive to others feelings when it comes to talking about these issues that we would rather avoid.

I also think shared experiences in life can be helpful. Thats what PM is for if you wish to discuss.

Anyway, heres looking to tomorrows game.

Couldnt agree more Coop , didn't mean to start such an in-depth thread ..... Debate of the week if you ask me :rolleyes:

:rangers:

Back on topic. The scum supporters are chanting and singing about Gazza not to get at Gazza but to noise us up and this thread proves they have got to us. If you think that we as a support would not do the same you are misguided, BJK or Jonny Doyle prove that. Individually I doubt that anyone would wish mental illness on anyone else but collectively many would join in chants to wind the opposition up. Winding the pish stained masses up is a great part of the rivalry.

Back on topic. The scum supporters are chanting and singing about Gazza not to get at Gazza but to noise us up and this thread proves they have got to us. If you think that we as a support would not do the same you are misguided, BJK or Jonny Doyle prove that. Individually I doubt that anyone would wish mental illness on anyone else but collectively many would join in chants to wind the opposition up. Winding the pish stained masses up is a great part of the rivalry.

Im with you here Saudi. I dont, never have and never will sing BJK or Doyle chants. We can wind them up by winning alone.

Im with you here Saudi. I dont, never have and never will sing BJK or Doyle chants. We can wind them up by winning alone.

Well said, you two.

But can we still sing about that muppet Bobby Sands? :lol:

I love Chicken Suppers me.

Well said, you two.

I like chicken suppers but you cant get a decent one here :(

Well said, you two.

I like chicken suppers but you cant get a decent one here :(

I live in a shitty wee town in Central Scotland. I wont say where because it's full of inbred fuckwits and they might recognise it if I spelled it out, but maybe not. :lol:

But I haven't had a decent chicken supper since I left Glasgow. :(

drugs and drink is self inflicted no sympathy from me. :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There but for the grace of God etc,. etc,.

Gazza was/is a self indulgent fool,the general media view of him was that he would never knowingly hurt anyone. He was his own worst enemy but I doubt he was a bigot.The flute incident was orchestrated by others who set him up.

Any "fan" who laughs at Gazzas problem,who chants at Coopers memory, whos club and church have a history of paedophile coverups or who think that the sectarian slaughter of hundreds of innocent people is a matter for celebration, is most certainly not going to preach moral values at me or mine.

drugs and drink is self inflicted no sympathy from me. :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There but for the grace of God etc,. etc,.

Gazza was/is a self indulgent fool,the general media view of him was that he would never knowingly hurt anyone. He was his own worst enemy but I doubt he was a bigot.The flute incident was orchestrated by others who set him up.

Any "fan" who laughs at Gazzas problem,who chants at Coopers memory, whos club and church have a history of paedophile coverups or who think that the sectarian slaughter of hundreds of innocent people is a matter for celebration, is most certainly not going to preach moral values at me or mine.

I believe Gazza has big problems and this is something Im sure he would choose not to have. A good and generous man who has been stabbed in the back by 'friends'. He was set up with the flute thing which was unfair.

I'll let someone else take this.

Okay, I've read enough. Up to page SIX by the time Ive read this - I'll take it Danny - I know there are another 2 pages to read after this, but I've read enough.

SaintBob - youre a ***ok - a bit strong*** (arse), sunshine.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or dealing with here, so piss off.