My mate timmy on Gazza

Gazzas_Flute

Well my mate a celtic fan and i where having a conversation about Gazza and how i felt it was scum behaviour for celtic fans to take the piss out of him being unwell and mentioned the instant fake shock of Phil O'Donnels death

He claimed that Gazza was hated by celtic fans and if Neil Lennon was to turn unwell in 5-10 years and started going crazy that we would take the piss out him.

Is this true ?

Would there be a small majority of rangers fans taking the piss or the whole stadium like the case with celtic and gazza ?

Thoughts ?

:rangers:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my mate a celtic fan and i where having a conversation about Gazza and how i felt it was scum behaviour for celtic fans to take the piss out of him being unwell and mentioned the instant fake shock of Phil O'Donnels death

He claimed that Gazza was hated by celtic fans and if Neil Lennon was to turn unwell in 5-10 years and started going crazy that we would take the piss out him.

Is this true ?

Would there be a small majority of rangers fans taking the piss or the whole stadium like the case with celtic and gazza ?

Thoughts ?

:rangers:

small minority. We generally exist on a different level of morality to them. Guys like Jimenez would take the piss, but he's an animal - and very much the minority.

:rolleyes:

:craphead:

" Also what Gazza did was at a pre-season in Bucharest, not in front of the celtic support "

Untrue

"In January 1998 Paul Gascoigne found his life being threatened by the IRA after he mimicked playing a flute (symbolic of the flute-playing of Orange Order marchers, hated by the IRA) during an Old Firm match at Celtic Park, which was televised live on Sky Sports. He had previously done the same after scoring against Steaua Bucharest in a 1995 pre-season friendly which had gone largely unnoticed. The gesture infuriated Celtic fans and Gascoigne was fined £20,000 by Rangers and was subjected to IRA death threats for around six months after the incident."

Source ... Wikipedia

Well he has already confessed clinical depression, and I didn't see any reason to laugh at it, so if he went 'nuts' I still wouldn't.

I don't care who it is, unless they've committed some awful crime against humanity or me personally, then I have no reason to dance if they become mentally ill and highly troubled.

But not everyone shares my view.

I cant believe you'd admit to being mates with one of them.

It goes without saying, your "mate" is being a dick.

Doesn't make him wrong.

There is no doubt many of our fans would regail in any misforture the Lurgan Bigot endured.

small minority. We generally exist on a different level of morality to them. Guys like Jimenez would take the piss, but he's an animal - and very much the minority.

Couldn't give a shit about a man who labled us Orange Bastards

Care less about your opinions right enough :)

Yep, I know.

I bet you've never called him a fenian bastard eh?

I know the guys a wanker. But I still wouldn't take the piss if he was to fall seriously ill or something bad was to happen to him or his family.

I think if guys like you took some time to consider these types of situations properly, you wouldn't either.

Who knows - maybe you're as 'hard as fuck' and you would anyway!

:pipehorse:

In what way where the tims taking the piss?

"There's only two Paul Gascoigne's, there's only two Paul..."

"Gazza's a psycho"

" Lets all laugh at Gazza ... "

Have been getting sung at tim games for a couple of weeks now

Just stupid tim f*cks.

Who was the celtc player who had depression, Neil Lennon? Whoever it was, us Rangers fans never once took the piss and actually applauded him. No-one would wish a serious illness on any one unless you are a f*kn tim.

Yep, I know.

I bet you've never called him a fenian bastard eh?

I know the guys a wanker. But I still wouldn't take the piss if he was to fall seriously ill or something bad was to happen to him or his family.

I think if guys like you took some time to consider these types of situations properly, you wouldn't either.

Who knows - maybe you're as 'hard as fuck' and you would anyway!

:pipehorse:

Wouldn't wish any harm on his family or take any pleasure in it whatsoever. Not that he'd notice

But if we can't take the piss out of a man who clearly hates us then we may as well give up all forms of rivalry and join the Hare Krishnas

personally I wouldnt laugh or take the piss out of anyone if they had mental health problems, regardless of who they are. Its a serious issue and far from funny. I daresay some who dont understand it would find it amusing, but not me.

"Gazza's a psycho"

They sang that at Goram :lol:

Only for the Goalie to turn round give them a demented look (shut them up instantly) and proceed to have one of the games of his life to make them all sick

"Gazza's a psycho"

They sang that at Goram :lol:

Only for the Goalie to turn round give them a demented look (shut them up instantly) and proceed to have one of the games of his life to make them all sick

And that's the difference Jimmy. Goram wasn't seriously ill. We're talking about whether WE would take the piss IF Lennon was to BECOME seriously ill.

I have no problem with taking the piss out of him whilst he's got all his faculties about him. But were he to fall ill (or his family) then there are sadly, still a few about that would use that to get at him. which is what this post was originally about.

And I remember Goram pulling the Quasimodo face - it was hilarious!!

Gascoigne got hooked on drugs - bit different from having a serious illness

Drug addiction, alcohol addiction and food related disorders etc are considered serious illnesses.

If you don't understand that, then you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

No offence, but there's no room in this agument for ignorance.