tonight's attendance

Coopermania

Att: 36,724

whats the thoughts ? I remember years ago this would have been a massive game worthy of a bigger crowd, much bigger. I know times have changed and in this day of age there are other attractions, but what size of crowd would you have predicted tonight ?

Prior to the game I would have guessed about 45,000.

with the amount of games we have people will pick and choose, and a game against patrick thistle doesn't whet the appetite as much as say the celtic game or sporting lisbon

thats true. People have to choose carefully, everyone has commitments and a budget.

lower than i thought it would be but its a midweek game against a lower league side, not exactly the type of game people want to get time off work for or travel long distances to watch. With all the games we are having this season some people just cant afford to go to them all. I know i certainly cant, i could afford the tickets but not the travel expenses for so many games.

Thought it was more 27-30 tbh tonight

Sometimes they must add a few thousand on.

I remember the Hearts game a few years back, Big Ecks last game. the place was empty, Rows of empty seats in the Club deck, could see them in most stands and then near the end the guy goes and today attendance is 48,359 or sumeen like that. know it was 48000 and thought to myself theres no way in hell there 48000 people here!

I thot it was a good crowd tonight considering it was a cold midweek game against a lower league side at a time when the rangers are being asked by the week for more and more money for tickets for a variety of games in 4 different competitions!!!

I remember the Hearts game a few years back, Big Ecks last game. the place was empty, Rows of empty seats in the Club deck, could see them in most stands and then near the end the guy goes and today attendance is 48,359 or sumeen like that. know it was 48000 and thought to myself theres no way in hell there 48000 people here!

The 1-0 defeat? That was only registered as around 46k if i remember correctly?

I think they count tickets sold as opposed to people through the turnstile, so they are probably counting people who didn't show up.

that's more odd for a cup game than a league game as it would usually be season ticket holders who can't make the game for whatever reason still being counted

The 1-0 defeat? That was only registered as around 46k if i remember correctly?

Might be the 2-0 game which Boyd scored 2.

No wonder, us fans have forked out a fortune this season and we still have a long way to go. It's not cheap going to the football these days, especially if you have a season ticket, attend away games and travel abroad along with travel club membership etc.

Not that bad an attendance considering it was 1st Division fodder.

I think the attendance would have been more had the ticket office been on the ball a bit better.

There were people still waiting to get pre paid tickets half an hour into the game. there was hundreds leaving coz of the time it was taking.I dont blame them. why pay for half a game that turned out to be a joke? I was there 2 hrs b4 kick off and nearly missed the first half..

I think the attendance would have been more had the ticket office been on the ball a bit better.

There were people still waiting to get pre paid tickets half an hour into the game. there was hundreds leaving coz of the time it was taking.I dont blame them. why pay for half a game that turned out to be a joke? I was there 2 hrs b4 kick off and nearly missed the first half..

I missed the 1st 20 minutes <_<