Klasnic to Rangers?

Muff

Klasnic is worth the risk, he really is quality

Nugent is a tough one, good player, but if its gonna cost 4 mil then im not sure...and dont pick out youtube videos, it really doesnt show much.

Not sure about the other dude, only seen him play once.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan Klasnic

2005/06- 30 games, 15 goals

2006/07- 13 games, 1 goal

2007/08- 6 games, 3 goals

He's only played 341 minutes this season. The German league is a hard league, he's not a renowned goalscorer but a very good player. Unfortunatley the two kidney transplants and various injuries have halted his career.

I found

13 goals 03-04

15 goals 04-05

17 goals 05-06

2 goals 06-07

(doesnt include international goals)

hes been out since january but has been getting back into the team lately and has scored 2 goals

he has a handful of assists aswell

In January 2007 it was reported that Klasnić suffered kidney failure, Klasnić shortly after received a kidney transplantation, but not long afterwards, his body rejected the kidney his mother Šima donated. On March 23, 2007 he underwent surgery to replace the rejected kidney. This time receiving a kidney from his father. Klasnić released the following statement: "Thank God, the transplant went very well. My body accepted my father's kidney and we're both doing well. The doctors already told me I would be able to continue playing football."

However in August 2007 the doctors at Werder Bremen forbade him to train due to inability of his body to whitstand heavy physical strain.

In September 2007 doctors finally allowed Ivan Klasnić to attend full training after he was absent for about 6 months. He then joined the team and made a couple appearances in the club's cup activities and also appeared in a few matches for the second team. However, on November 24, 2007 Ivan was selected to start for Werder for the first time since December 2006, and played 65 minutes for his team in a Bundesliga match against Energie Cottbus. Klasnic completed his comeback on December 15, 2007, scoring twice in Bremen's 5-2 victory over Bayer Leverkusen, playing 85 minutes. In March, 2008, Ivan was recalled to national team after a year absence.

A wee bit of extra info....IMO i'd stay clear unless he was signed on a pay as you play deal like John Hartson was on

cant be doing that bad if he was recalled to the national squad, and hes going to be playing against scotland, surely they wouldnt play him against a physical side that could hurt is kidney??

cant be doing that bad if he was recalled to the national squad, and hes going to be playing against scotland, surely they wouldnt play him against a physical side that could hurt is kidney??

He wears a fibre glass cast round his kidneys, but as i said he'll be in and out of hospital for checks for the rest of his life

'Protection'

"Ivan is a special case, unique in the history of the Bundesliga," said Bremen sporting director Klaus Allofs, while coach Thomas Schaaf added: "It's a great effort in itself to get back on the pitch after such a situation. I am very glad he's back." It is still unclear whether the 27-year-old, who has scored 42 goals in 135 league outings for Bremen, will return to top-flight football as he can only play wearing protection at present. "He probably won't be able to do everything the others are doing during training, as there's obviously a risk," said Schaaf. "He himself has to decide what's possible and what's not." Klasnić, capped 26 times by Croatia, signed a contract extension until summer 2008 in June.

That was at the start of the year from uefa.com

well, its obviously clear enough now, if he cant do things in training, what the hell is he going to do on a football pitch? hes playing football so its obvious that what was unclear at the START of the year, has now been ironed out to some extent

and what better way for him to hit back at not being offered a new contract (not released) than by going to the team who knocked them out of the uefa cup and proving them wrong by scoring a bagfull of goals, i have all the confidence he can do that.

well, its obviously clear enough now, if he cant do things in training, what the hell is he going to do on a football pitch? hes playing football so its obvious that what was unclear at the START of the year, has now been ironed out to some extent

A Kidney transplant aint a thing that just clears up, he's lucky he's able to kick a ball he'll be on a shit load of tablets, have to get things checked every Month due to what he's doing. if he does get a bad hit he could be back in the hospital with a machine having to keep him alive until another donar is found!

I wish the boy all the Best and i admire his will to try and keep playing (tu)

But Signing this player would be a Crazy move!

if it was that bad he wouldnt be playing, doctor

Yeah the Doctor said he can play, but there is a hell of a lot of risks which Klasnic will know Including the Fact he could play and end up Needing a new Kidney again or might end up Dead!

As i said Klasnic is Very Lucky he's able to still kick a ball.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Jonah Lomu returned to rugby after having a kidney transplant and theres a lot more chance of damage in rugby than football.

However whether its a risk worth taking is another matter, given our past history with injuries I would be loathe to take a risk on any player with even the most slightly dubious injury record.

They say that if his body accepts a new kidney, his recovery should be no different from that of most patients, who return to work in six to eight weeks without any significant consequences...The doctors, as ever, refuse to make promises over his long term future...

Since coming back from these two transplants he's spent a lot of time out injured.

Then again you just have to look at the likes of Kanu, Lance Armstrong and Jonah Lomu who recovered from serious illnesses. He's a very good player but there would be a risk in signing him. If we were to sign him then I like disgruntled's idea of a pay as you play deal.

Would be good to hear the Werder fans views.

Jonah Lomu returned to rugby after having a kidney transplant and theres a lot more chance of damage in rugby than football.

However whether its a risk worth taking is another matter, given our past history with injuries I would be loathe to take a risk on any player with even the most slightly dubious injury record.

Yeah Jonah Lomu did come back but he didn't last long and was never the same!

if there was a risk of death he wouldnt be playing

The average lifetime for a donor kidney is ten to fifteen years. When a transplant fails a patient may opt for a second transplant, and may have to return to dialysis for some intermediary time.

If the worse did happen he could die, a compatible match is Hard to find, he's lucky his dad Kidney was a match after his body rejected his Mums.

It's a serious thing Klasnic has went through and has plenty more Problems to come in the future :(

I wouldn't wish it on anybody!

I think this man would be a top top signing if we managed to bag him :) not so sure of the other 2 nuggent i have never been overly impressed with and piquonne seen him a couple of times on eurogoals nothing better than wee already have imop.

As fot the big debate around the injury concerns on Klasnic i think he would be worth the risk hes a rpoven goalscorer at all levels also why are people saying bremen want rid of him it was stated on www.goal.com in there archives earlier in season that he would not sign a new contract as he wanted to move on for a new challenge

anywae this is only my opinion on the matter

keep posting

quadruple BELIEVE !http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/style_emoticons/default/rangers.gif

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/style_emot...ult/rangers.gif

Jonah Lomu was an idiot.

He damaged HIS kidneys after playing contact sport for a sustained period of time.

His body accepted the donor kidney, but he COULDNT continue to play rugby.

His new kidney is situated up in his rib cage for extra protection.

Guest therabbitt

Im undecided about Nugent - he is undoubtedly a talented player - he is capped by England and 'scored' on his debut (I know there is an argument about players being capped due to hype alone - Alan Thompson). He has scored some wonder goals and looked really hungry at Preston.

He's lost his hunger at Pompey and it is no secret that he is a very bad trainer - hence the disagreeance at Pompey, where Redknapp wants strong athletic players who can run for days

He needs a good kick up the arse, because I feel he believes his own hype too much - perhaps some careful man-management from our management team is exactly what he needs

As a fully fit and hungry Dave Nugent could be an excellent aquisition for us - although he could be a total disaster - but that is the nature of our signing policy - we can pay top dollar for players on form and at their peak - we need to suss out problem players or players disgruntled at clubs and see if we can re-ignite their careers...

good to see we are looking at players in march. Gives us plenty of time to do our homework so hopefully there wont be any rushed 11.59 pm deals on deadline day this summer. I would take the risk on klasnic personally, nugent i am not so sure about i have only seen him play twice and he was poor in both games. For £4m you could buy a far better striker from the dutch league. Hes overated simply because hes english. If a team spends £6m on a player and then barely plays him its telling me that somethings not right so i would stay well clear of him. As for the other guy, stats dont impress me but then cousin didnt have a great scoring record and hes got a lot of talent that has surprised me.