Rangers NARSA convention

gersgirl

Hey everybody, Canadianger made a good point about making a thread listing the details for this years Rangers Convention in North America, so here you all go....

Dates: June 5-8th

Host Hotel: Westin Calgary

CALGARY CONVENTION 2008

TICKET INFORMATION.

All ticket prices quoted below are in (Canadian Funds) per person.

Package A (Thurs, Fri, Saturday events) $100

Package B (Fri, Sat) $90

Thursday Only $15

Friday Only $20

Saturday Only $80

Ticket requests guaranteed upon receipt of payment:

Send payments in full to NARSA Treasurer:

Bobby Smith

62 Dennis Drive

Ajax Ontario

Canada L1T-4A7

Tel: 905-619-6621

The conventions are always one hell of a weekend and often have first team players in attendance (last year they were unable due to international committments that week). Many times there are well known players from the past also joining in...Ian Durrant and Andy Goram to name but two from last year. Is a brilliant time for getting together with fellow bears from around the world for a bevvie or three... The cups have been on show for pictures and such in past years also. My best memory so far was 2002 with the entire '72 team, Willie Henderson, Big Eck, Andy Watson and the Scottish Cup. What a weekend that was. Though a close runner up was last year with the Govan Proddy Boys flute band leading a "wee" walk out the ballroom, down the escalator into the lobby and out the front drive of the hotel at midnight... Great times.

There are usually a large number of supporters make the trip over each year from all over the UK and the rest of the world, myself and Saudibear from RM will be there this year, not sure if there are any others making the trek off the list, Canadianger I think u need to hop in your car and head over :) . We will have to have a mini meet in Cowboy town on one of the afternoons for those of us in attendance. Gies a shout and we can arrange to get together.

Hope we will see some of u over here this summer, am getting excited now...just think if we wind the UEFA cup???? :D

Hi ilive in Calgary and am a member of the club. Could possibly put a few people up if needed.

bob

Looking forward to coming out to party with you all in June Bob. Getting excited now. Will be a fantastic time! Am from the London Ontario club.

T

I'm looking forward to this, already applied for the time off, flying up from the Yukon, was a member of the Toronto Midtown Supporters Club before I moved. Any idea which players will be making an appearance there?

They've not announced it yet, probly wont for some time. Fergie loved it in San Francisco and wanted to come back again so he maybe one, but nothing decided yet. Ok our wee mini meet is up to 3 now lol. Always great to meet new people.

Wish I still lived in Calgary, its gonna be sooo cool there. The president of the Calgary RSC, Hammy has been planning this for over 2 years now and its gonna be so good!

Lol theres always plane's flying in misterc? lol It should be good though, ah hell they're always good, dont expect this one will be any different :D Hope Hammy is pleased when the sunday rolls around.

i dont think i would get over twice as im planning on doing colorado if the team play there in may after cup final

When did the Colorado rumour start? That's the one city we've not heard over here. Have heard plenty of others. To be honest though I would think they would hit up a more major centre than Colorado. Not sure about the timing either as they didnt sell as many tickets to the game in LA at the end of season as they would have liked due to the fact it was just before the Florida convention and many couldnt travel to both. Maybe it would be later in the summer like the year they came to Toronto in July?

i dont think i would get over twice as im planning on doing colorado if the team play there in may after cup final

When did the Colorado rumour start? That's the one city we've not heard over here. Have heard plenty of others. To be honest though I would think they would hit up a more major centre than Colorado. Not sure about the timing either as they didnt sell as many tickets to the game in LA at the end of season as they would have liked due to the fact it was just before the Florida convention and many couldnt travel to both. Maybe it would be later in the summer like the year they came to Toronto in July?

one of my mates told me at the hearts game that it was colorado but not heard anything official

this guy used to write for rangers news so hes normally on the ball

one of my mates told me at the hearts game that it was colorado but not heard anything official

this guy used to write for rangers news so hes normally on the ball

Time will tell, always nice to see them over here.

Wish I still lived in Calgary, its gonna be sooo cool there. The president of the Calgary RSC, Hammy has been planning this for over 2 years now and its gonna be so good!

Lol theres always plane's flying in misterc? lol It should be good though, ah hell they're always good, dont expect this one will be any different :D Hope Hammy is pleased when the sunday rolls around.

Its a good shout but I can't get time off work in July as I have 2 weeks in June booked off. Mexico will be good though! :rangers:

Its a good shout but I can't get time off work in July as I have 2 weeks in June booked off. Mexico will be good though! :rangers:

Lol its in June. Sounds like there is a conflict with sea and sand though lol. You'll be missed.

For anyone that has never been to a convention I can tell you that you are missing out. I've had the good fortune to attend the last 9 and had a ball at every one of them. It's all about bears from all over getting together and having a great time. I change my work schedule yearly to make sure I get time off for these functions. I know from this board that many of you have a ball at the RM meets, I would imagine that the conventions are like a four day meet but with over 1,000 bears in attendance. One hell of a sash bash with players and management in attendance to mix with the punters. A holiday of a lifetime.

The annoying thing is that there is somewhere I could stay in cowtown were I to go over but flights are so feckin expensive along with everything else that 10 days all inclisive in mexico will be much cheaper, not that that is a bad thing of course...

The annoying thing is that there is somewhere I could stay in cowtown were I to go over but flights are so feckin expensive along with everything else that 10 days all inclisive in mexico will be much cheaper, not that that is a bad thing of course...

I happened to just luck out last week and the airline was running a sale, went from probly not going to booked up in the space of 12 hours lol. CANT WAIT!