Seen lots of posts about who should go...

ara

There are players who are in the shadows costing us money,

Players who are now aging ...

Players who can't take us to another level...

So who would you say should definately stay to be part of next year's core?...

McGregor

Smith

Cuellar

Thomson

Davis

Ferguson (think he is important to our spirit even if he is past the first flush of youth)

Novo

...Boyd?..

Who else ?..

Ffs - tough crowd!! Wether you like it or NOT the team we have at the moment has taken us to the stage where we are still competing for a quad. One cup one in bag, league can only be thrown away and you guys would only keep 5 of the squad and go for a complete new rebuilding program next year - thank GOD you are NOT the manager and that we have a manager who knows what he is doing. A few may leave but it is the addition of 2 -3 quality players I want to see and this season shows a big pool is nessessarry.

Cuellar is the only player that could leave and I'd lose sleep over it. He's as close as we have to an irreplaceable player, unless we have a huge stroke of luck again.

Would also strongly look to make sure we keep a hold of McGregor, Thomson, Davis, Ferguson and if possible Cousin.

The rest.......*shrugs shoulders*. Obviously I want to keep most of them though for consistency purposes.

Ffs - tough crowd!! Wether you like it or NOT the team we have at the moment has taken us to the stage where we are still competing for a quad. One cup one in bag, league can only be thrown away and you guys would only keep 5 of the squad and go for a complete new rebuilding program next year - thank GOD you are NOT the manager and that we have a manager who knows what he is doing. A few may leave but it is the addition of 2 -3 quality players I want to see and this season shows a big pool is nessessarry.

Listen, wind your neck in a bit - I am entitled to an opinion.

I thought the meaning of this thread was who you would DEFO keep. To me that says "who would you least like to get rid of"

If your honest with yourself can you honestly say Whittaker, Papac, Broadfoot, Hemdani, McCulloch, Beasley, Adam, Novo, Boyd, Darchville etc are all on a par with guys like McCall, Robertson, Stevens, Brown, I.Ferguson. Steven, Hateley etc?

The rest of our team is mediocore. If you cant see that then thank God YOU ARE NOT THE MANAGER

I thought the meaning of this thread was who you would DEFO keep. To me that says "who would you least like to get rid of"

If your honest with yourself can you honestly say Whittaker, Papac, Broadfoot, Hemdani, McCulloch, Beasley, Adam, Novo, Boyd, Darchville etc are all on a par with guys like McCall, Robertson, Stevens, Brown, I.Ferguson. Steven, Hateley etc?

The rest of our team is mediocore. If you cant see that then thank God YOU ARE NOT THE MANAGER

You could say that about any squad thats been succesful in the past.

Man U - could match past squads this year.

Forest?

Barca?

Real Madrid?

Inter Milan?

AC Milan?

the list is endless.

Football in this day and age is a completely differnt style

You could say that about any squad thats been succesful in the past.

Man U - could match past squads this year.

Forest?

Barca?

Real Madrid?

Inter Milan?

AC Milan?

the list is endless.

Football in this day and age is a completely differnt style

Yup.

But no-one said anything about whole sale changing. Who in thier right mind is willing to sell 3/4's of the squad just beacuse we had better squads in the best.

We cant rebuild every year but Bluepeter seems to think that beacuse we have 4 or 5 real quality players who we should try 100% to hold onto the rest are all transfer listed.

Most of the squad should stay - although I would hope some would become back-ups.

Stay in first eleven/pool

A MacGregor

Cuellar

Weir

Papac

Davis

Ferguson

Thomson

Hemdani

DMB

Cousin

Boyd

JCD

Naismith

Novo

Reserves/Back-up

Broadfoot

Adam

McCulloch

Whittaker

Burke

This assumes we bring in a decent RB, CB, LB or Smith is fit, RW, Striker, and two quality midfielders.

Thats a lot to ask.

Id want to Keep

McGregor

Papac

Cuellar

Davis

Hemdani ( If he got played not just for European Games )

Thomson

DMB

Cousin

Daily

Boyd

we need improving in almost all areas

...aye OK...so answer the question then?... who would YOU KEEP?!

:rolleyes:

Thanks to a group of core players we have a team that plays effective football, albeit fairly dull - we can expect a Celtic team next season built to combat a 4-5-1. I think our transfer window should be centred around signing flair players to shock Celtic and keeping that group of players who have been so successfull this season, those being (in my opinion) :

Ferguson

Davis

Thomson

Cuellar

McGregor

Papac

And to a lesser extent we should strive to hold on to Beasley, Cousin, Darcheville and Novo

Im not having a dig or a pop at anyone here, but what has Beasley done to merit it?

A goal in Lyon, fair does but to be honest - for a man with pace and (allegedly) skill, he tends to put his foot on the ball and just pass it back the way a lot.

Im not having a dig at anyone, but im curious as to thier thoughts on Beasley.

I certainly wouldnt transfer list him or that as he deserves more of a chance but he frustrates me.

Im not having a dig or a pop at anyone here, but what has Beasley done to merit it?

A goal in Lyon, fair does but to be honest - for a man with pace and (allegedly) skill, he tends to put his foot on the ball and just pass it back the way a lot.

I certainly wouldnt transfer list him or that as he deserves more of a chance but he frustrates me.

Thats a fair point and in a Rangers shirt he hasn't done a great deal but personally my respect for Beasley or rather my hope that he'll stay is bred from 1) His ability to influence international/european games with USA/PSV 2) Wanting to see an entertaining dribbler of the ball next season who can really ignite the fans

IMO Beasley was only ever heralded as a player with pace and skill by people on here who thought they knew better, myself being one of them.

However what I will say is that since he came here I actually think he has shown that he is a different and perhaps better player than some people thought.

We all expected him to be a typical winger: small in stature, quick and lightweight. His main aim was to get the fans on the edge of their seat, but what we have actually got is a player who primarily uses all his experience to make sure the team retain possession of the ball and although it's frustrating it's not a bad thing either, especially in our current set up.

Beasley will be a big player for us, and considering how little we paid to pick him up he should be one of the last players we should be looking to sell in the summer, unless we can pick up another 25 year old player who has 70+ international caps and years of Champions League experience for £700,000............................

I agree with that DBBTB (tu)

Sometimes it can be frustrating, particularly at SPL level when you're looking to open teams up, when Beasley wasn't taking his man on. But he has got great composure and experience, retains possession well and is an asset to the team in view. Particularly in europe, where that ability to keep possession and pace on the break are more crucial qualities than they are in the SPL.

700k was a steal, and even if he doesn't cement a place as first choice next season, I think he's a great option to have in the squad.

I would keep most of the team, we have already had a massive turnover of players in the summer another wouldn't be the smartest idea. Use the money to bring in a few quality players to improve the squad as a whole. By not getting rid of a load players means we can handle all but the worst injury crisis as again we have been lucky this season aswell.