full backs on wednesday

deviltrout

Dailly is quicker than Broadfoot!

Broadfoot runs like he's under water. McGayday raped him the last time, he'll do it again this time. Only this time he might be able to deliver a decent ball and Vinegar might just get on the end of it?

Anytime iv saw Dailly at RB he hasnt been that quick at all, whilst i agree Broadfoot isnt exactly Obafemi Martins.

Unfortunatly that wee scrote McGeady will get some joy out of either whoever Walter plays at RB this is why Davis is so important, need to double up on him. Cut off his supply and we are cutting off their main threat.

Broadfoot runs like he's under water. McGayday raped him the last time, he'll do it again this time. Only this time he might be able to deliver a decent ball and Vinegar might just get on the end of it?

Don't know what game you were watching Muff.

Broadfoot kept shepherding McGayday down the flank rendering his crosses ineffective.

Watch the game properly next time. I'll even send you a tape if you're not sure of events that day.

Raped? doh

I'd play Whittaker at RB (I agree with a few others who said he's better, far bettter, going forward than Broadfoot) and Papac at LB (too early for Stevie Smith).

I'd also agree that Whittaker hasn't had many stellar games but still think he's better than the Broadfoot who is a cb who hasn't adapted to playing a wingback position as well as Sasa.

stevie smith is a targeted man if he plays wednesday. Whittaker and Papac would be my ideal 2 but i think we will go with kirk and papac, whittaker can come on and do another messi run at the end :P

Its got be Papac... and ?

I think Broadfoot will start, but if he struggles perhaps Whittaker comes off the bench, or an attacking player comes on and Dailly shifts back. McGeady is an excellent player, so it may not matter who plays on that side.

Need to either let Whittaker have the position over the summer or buy a new one.

Broadfoot and Papac with Daily on the right of hemdani to support Broadfoot. Also if Davis is in fromt of Bradfoot he needs to play as well as he did in Lisbon as I felt he was poor devensively against Celtic and left Broadfoot exposed more that I was happy with.

Broadfoot and Papac again for me...

Kirk didn't have a great first half against McGeady in the last game because he stood off him. However, he got much tighter in the second half and nullified the threat much better. I wouldn't play Whittaker there as I'm not sure he's as fast as Kirk so he could be exposed in that manner.

Papac did very well in the last match so should continue in that position - especially since we're likely to maintain a more defensive outlook for much of the game.

Don't know what game you were watching Muff.

Broadfoot kept shepherding McGayday down the flank rendering his crosses ineffective.

Watch the game properly next time. I'll even send you a tape if you're not sure of events that day.

Raped? doh

doh

broadfoot was skinned by mcgayday just about every time in the first half. not so much in the second as daily kept helping out.

Broadfoot hasn't let us down yet. He's not the most outstanding player we've ever had, but I don't think he's as bad as some make out. Papac, in my opinion, has had a good season at LB and is getting better all the time.

It's Broadfoot and Papac for me (tu)

My preference would be Dailly and Papac but I think Dailly will be in midfield.

Whittaker at right back would be a godsend to Celtic as he has beeen in the past at Hibs.

Broadfoot is not my choice but I think he is our only option.

At left back it has to be Papac.

I will be branded as a heretic when I say I do not rate Smith anywhere near as highly as the majority on here. He seems to be worshipped because he is young, scottish and makes exciting last ditch challenges.

My opinion is that his poor positioning sense forces him to make these challenges. When he was playing regularly we lost most of our goals from unchallenged crosses into the box from his side. His positioning or lack of intelligent understanding of his opponent made Sproule look like a world beater and allowed Nakamura space and time to cross with his left foot, which is the only danger from him. The first job of a defender is to defend and I would prefer if at least one full back can be on top of his opponent.

Does anyone else on here think Broadfoot is Walter's new Dave McPherson, although i think McPherson had a more difficult job playing as a wingback in a 5 man defence

Perhaps, I was of thinking he maybe saw a bit of Craig Moore in him, so to speak.