A guy at work asked me today

Coopermania

Well Coop I live in the States, so when I say Rangers people assume I mean the New York Rangers (Hockey team).

I have five immediate friends who I can now call Bears not to mention countless (more than 5 at least!) internet friends through games (Planetside, WoW, EQ, Dragonrealms, etc) who've been introduced to Rangers by me and stuck with them.

Even the wife told me one thing she'd love to do for me was surprise me with tickets to Ibrox.

So to answer your question - yes, daily. All this excitement around this time of year and just a few to share it with.

Kinda makes you blokes important to me, in a silly internet fitbageek sorta way.

CR brought me to this forum in December 06, haven't looked back since.

It would hardly be a suprise any more then. :craphead:

Well Coop I live in the States, so when I say Rangers people assume I mean the New York Rangers (Hockey team).

I have five immediate friends who I can now call Bears not to mention countless (more than 5 at least!) internet friends through games (Planetside, WoW, EQ, Dragonrealms, etc) who've been introduced to Rangers by me and stuck with them.

Even the wife told me one thing she'd love to do for me was surprise me with tickets to Ibrox.

So to answer your question - yes, daily. All this excitement around this time of year and just a few to share it with.

Kinda makes you blokes important to me, in a silly internet fitbageek sorta way.

CR brought me to this forum in December 06, haven't looked back since.

I blame CR for my being here too Amo :lol: The NY Rangers, Texas Rangers, Queens Park Rangers, Power Rangers etc will come to mind first for many people I suppose.

ps .... tell the wife to get you tickets ;)

Sad fact of life living here.

Actually, you're right coop - it is ignorance. In fact, anyone who doesn't follow Rangers FC is an ignorant tit and is missing out on the whole meaning of this short life. ;)

I have actually met some people down here who mistook my rangers shirt for a Celtic shirt. :angry2: I think that is the height of ignorance!

Im at Uni in Worcester and one of my pals did the same. He wasnt my pal for much longer, either.

Astonishing amount of plastic paddys at this uni as well. Fair few scowls when I walk into lectures with my Rangers top on.

Had some absolute arse on the open day couple of months ago with a McGayday top on with that hideous day-glo cum black hat. Must have been there for the free coffee cause Im sure as hell it wasnt for the education.

I have actually met some people down here who mistook my rangers shirt for a Celtic shirt. :angry2: I think that is the height of ignorance!

Im at Uni in Worcester and one of my pals did the same. He wasnt my pal for much longer, either.

Astonishing amount of plastic paddys at this uni as well. Fair few scowls when I walk into lectures with my Rangers top on.

Had some absolute arse on the open day couple of months ago with a McGayday top on with that hideous day-glo cum black hat. Must have been there for the free coffee cause Im sure as hell it wasnt for the education.

Plastic Paddys get everywhere mate. There's one guy at my school who's great-great-great-great grandad once visited Dublin so he's decided he's Irish. Always scowls at my rangers tops, and thinks he's a celtic fan, yet he couldnt tell you the names of anyone on the Celtic team.

I just tell him to piss off usually :unionflag:

I think I know a lot about football - who are Sunderland though. Arnt they nicknamed the fat cats or something and play in the stadium of white and have a manager who used to be somebody, who might have played for the manky mob - what league are they top off, did we play them in the CL (Ha Ha) and have they ever won any trophies ?

Good post peter :lol: that made me smile :) Interestingly, Sunderland have won 6 English titles to Newcastles 4. Even I know that. A long time ago of course.

I know one (quite) interesting fact about them. Their record away win was 9-1 at great rivals Newcastle. Newcastle went on to win the league that year.

As for the average English football fans knowledge...it's warped by their arrogance for the most part. I usually say 'you'd make a good English manager' when one makes a cretinous remark (usually about Scots and Scottish football). It's a great insult that. ;)

I'm now living in Inkberrow...about 15 mins from you bud... you are not alone!! (tu)

WATP!

:rangers:

I can't really relate to this post. But I'll add my bit.

At school you get Rangers fans, Celtic fans , 1 Hearts fan, the odd Killie fan and then...... The Man Utd "fans"

How can you support Man U living in the west of Scotland? when you have no familly who support Man U and have never been to a match. And make no effort to go to a match? I actually honestly hate the fact that a scot in the west of Scotland could support an english team than if.... lets say some1 who claims to be Irish and is a Celtic fan.

It really boils ma cup of tea. Then in converstaions about football, the "man U " fans come out with "Rangers are crap, Celtic are crap". They don't watch any scottish matches and don't realise the scale of Rangers. We are a massive, massive club. Yet we lose fans to the teams that buy trophys and wins in europe down south.

Sorry if this isn't relevant but I wanted to contribute a little.

Here's the thing I know about Sunderland.

They won the FA Cup in 1973 and Ian Porterfield scored the goal.

Rangers beat septic 3-2 in the SC Final the same day (Forsyth's screamer).

And they used to play at Joker Park but moved to the Stadium of Shite.