A guy at work asked me today

Coopermania

I live in England and a guy at work asked me today if this was the best ever Rangers team, because we have a chance of a Quadruple. Thats what he assumed.

I laughed and said nowhere near, but yes we are still in all competions as things stand. (no offence to the current team intended) I then went on to tell him about previous great teams and players who have graced Ibrox, and there have been many of course. He didnt know about 51, soon to be 52, 3 European finals, the Ibrox disaster, the 92/93 teams achievements, though he did know of 9 in a row.

This guy could tell you anything about his team (Sunderland) but his lack of knowledge of Rangers astounded me.

Does anyone find the ignorance of some people annoying ? Even guys who follow football, allegedly ?

I couldnt tell you anything about Sunderland.

Other than they are shit.

It works both ways I suppose, hes not interested in Rangers so knows very little about them.

i live down south too Coop and everyone who i have spoke to that have watched us this year in europe say we are a good team. We are getting more and more good press. But i agree up until this season , most people had an arrogant attitude towards us.

I have to say, I follow Rangers and Rangers only, I'd be hard pushed to tell you anything about any other teams (outside of SPL). The big names, I can just about get my head around!

It amazes me on here how much some of the guys know about other teams, players, etc even in lower divisions. It's really impressive (tu)

I have to say, I follow Rangers and Rangers only, I'd be hard pushed to tell you anything about any other teams (outside of SPL). The big names, I can just about get my head around!

It amazes me on here how much some of the guys know about other teams, players, etc even in lower divisions. It's really impressive (tu)

It's cause alot of people on this site play FM2008 (tu):lol:

:lol:

There's also a great site called Soccerbase http://www.soccerbase.com/home.sd

Loads of info on there.

Essential research! :cool:

If thats an English view on things imagine what the continent think. Your nothing unless you do something in Europe.

I suppose it reflects the view of the SPL in general down here mrd, even with Rangers having done well in Europe this season. I took 2 of my pals to the Aberdeen 3-1 game and I think they were surprised at the size and passion of the club.

When I told him about the Leeds win home and away 92/93, he was shocked and initially and thought I was joking !!

There is opinion In Ukraine: "are Britishers of ignoramus in football."

I think this not common determination but I'm surprised then many in Britain don't know who is Valery Lobanovsky!!!

(tu):cool:

it pisses me off, im down carlisle bout 4 nyts a week most wknds, an the lack of knowledge on her dads part (supposide fitba fan) pisses me off. All i bloody hear aff the moanin old git is Kevin Keegan this Newcastle that. I lyk to think i know at least a bit of knowledge bout their top 20 clubs. As 4 wen we were doin well in the qualifiers all i bloody heard about waz england, she even grudged me goin oot to get wrecked against italy. Oh an that stevie in the general football sections pissed me off wi his uneducated views.

Well Coop I live in the States, so when I say Rangers people assume I mean the New York Rangers (Hockey team).

I have five immediate friends who I can now call Bears not to mention countless (more than 5 at least!) internet friends through games (Planetside, WoW, EQ, Dragonrealms, etc) who've been introduced to Rangers by me and stuck with them.

Even the wife told me one thing she'd love to do for me was surprise me with tickets to Ibrox.

So to answer your question - yes, daily. All this excitement around this time of year and just a few to share it with.

Kinda makes you blokes important to me, in a silly internet fitbageek sorta way.

CR brought me to this forum in December 06, haven't looked back since.

I think I know a lot about football - who are Sunderland though. Arnt they nicknamed the fat cats or something and play in the stadium of white and have a manager who used to be somebody, who might have played for the manky mob - what league are they top off, did we play them in the CL (Ha Ha) and have they ever won any trophies ?

I live in England and a guy at work asked me today if this was the best ever Rangers team, because we have a chance of a Quadruple. Thats what he assumed.

I laughed and said nowhere near, but yes we are still in all competions as things stand. (no offence to the current team intended) I then went on to tell him about previous great teams and players who have graced Ibrox, and there have been many of course. He didnt know about 51, soon to be 52, 3 European finals, the Ibrox disaster, the 92/93 teams achievements, though he did know of 9 in a row.

This guy could tell you anything about his team (Sunderland) but his lack of knowledge of Rangers astounded me.

Does anyone find the ignorance of some people annoying ? Even guys who follow football, allegedly ?

I agree.

I was a bit iffy about a guy from my college class for a while and this guy was listening to me and Raymo - a nice tim - comparing Dick and Martin's O'Neill's teams one day. I was listing a few players and so was Raymo and the guy nipped in and said 'Aye, Brian Laudrup' I says, Laudrup was no-where near Rangers at the time. Then he got flustered and said 'Ah well I don't read up on the history and go on internet forums'

I left it there but should have said 'Naw, pal, your a tit'. If your gonnae say your a fan then know your stuff or don't speak IMO - I lost all respect for him there.

(tu):cool:

:lol:(tu) Lost without it

I think in England, for every 1 knowledgable football fan, there are 5 ignorant ones.

I think I know a lot about football - who are Sunderland though. Arnt they nicknamed the fat cats or something and play in the stadium of white and have a manager who used to be somebody, who might have played for the manky mob - what league are they top off, did we play them in the CL (Ha Ha) and have they ever won any trophies ?

Good post peter :lol: that made me smile :) Interestingly, Sunderland have won 6 English titles to Newcastles 4. Even I know that. A long time ago of course.

Well Coop I live in the States, so when I say Rangers people assume I mean the New York Rangers (Hockey team).

I have five immediate friends who I can now call Bears not to mention countless (more than 5 at least!) internet friends through games (Planetside, WoW, EQ, Dragonrealms, etc) who've been introduced to Rangers by me and stuck with them.

Even the wife told me one thing she'd love to do for me was surprise me with tickets to Ibrox.

So to answer your question - yes, daily. All this excitement around this time of year and just a few to share it with.

Kinda makes you blokes important to me, in a silly internet fitbageek sorta way.

CR brought me to this forum in December 06, haven't looked back since.

I blame CR for my being here too Amo :lol: The NY Rangers, Texas Rangers, Queens Park Rangers, Power Rangers etc will come to mind first for many people I suppose.

ps .... tell the wife to get you tickets ;)

I have actually met some people down here who mistook my rangers shirt for a Celtic shirt. :angry2: I think that is the height of ignorance!

doesnt surprise me Cumbria. Ive had a Rangers scarf on, (It says 'Rangers' on it) and been asked the same doh