***The Official Rangers v St. Johnstone Thread***

Muff

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Johnstone came in with a gameplan in mind at that was to take it to us physically. We lost Burke and Naismith to injury although the referee failed to bring out a card, although he was quick to pull one out on Dailly. The linesman also has been making a few astonishing decisions. The officiating makes no sense at this point.

We have had a few chances, but we must do better against a Division 1 mid table team.

That first one on Naismith gets worse the more I see it.

Completely intentional, he knew what he was doing.

Plus, since he's not been booked, the SFA can deal with it retrospectively. Will they have the balls to do that?

Can tell you one thing, if that was Thomson stamping on their boy then he would be recieving a fine and a ban by Wednesday morning.

St. Johnstone came in with a gameplan in mind at that was to take it to us physically. We lost Burke and Naismith to injury although the referee failed to bring out a card, although he was quick to pull one out on Dailly. The linesman also has been making a few astonishing decisions. The officiating makes no sense at this point.

We have had a few chances, but we must do better against a Division 1 mid table team.

And did their guy get booked for pulling down Nacho just outside the box after about 6 minutes? Was the most cynical tackle of the game.

We aren't playng too badly as such - but the final killer ball seems to be lacking. Certainly wee Nacho should have put us in front with that gift he had earlier.

BTW , that Martin Hardie is a dirty wee goblin :angry2:

that was fucking shambolic refereeing there. He was staring right at the kick. He then continued to look at both players after the kick. And then jogged away beside the Saints player who kicked Thomson. Nothing given. Absolutely disgraceful

And then gave them a fucking soft free kick!

Plus, since he's not been booked, the SFA can deal with it retrospectively. Will they have the balls to do that?

Can tell you one thing, if that was Thomson stamping on their boy then he would be recieving a fine and a ban by Wednesday morning.

it was shocking. The SFA will do sod all as usual. Remember the time they banned novo for "stamping" on pearson i think it was when he jumped out the way of a challenge and accidently landed on the celtic player? The video even shows him checking the guy was ok as it was obviuosly unintentional yet the sfa handed out a ban. Will they do the same in this case? I wouldnt hold my breath.

1507: Burke has been clumsily unpended by Rutkiewicz and it looks like he will be stretchered off. Surprisingly no booking for the Saints defender

1519: Has the pitch contributed to the injuries too?

1518: Naismith has hit the deck with the ball nowwhere near him. He's obviously still suffering from Hardie's clumsy stamp. Steve Davis is primed to come on for him.

That's from the beeb

I think its pretty interesting how during the middle of a game coverage certian commentators know "that the fans will be happy to see buffel get a chance"

Hmmmm...

They obviously read all the Buffel threads on here...

Can anyone tell me who the co-commentator is?

He's a right fanny, is it Iain McCall? Sandy Clark?

Scottish commentary really is the pits, I thought the Pleat/Tyldesley combo was hard to beat, and even Motty/Lawerson.

it was shocking. The SFA will do sod all as usual. Remember the time they banned novo for "stamping" on pearson i think it was when he jumped out the way of a challenge and accidently landed on the celtic player? The video even shows him checking the guy was ok as it was obviuosly unintentional yet the sfa handed out a ban. Will they do the same in this case? I wouldnt hold my breath.

Disgusting and criminal. He absolutely could have avoided that stomp, and now we lose booth Burkey and Naisy in one swoop. FUMING over this.

Can anyone tell me who the co-commentator is?

He's a right fanny, is it Iain McCall? Sandy Clark?

Scottish commentary really is the pits, I thought the Pleat/Tyldesley combo was hard to beat, and even Motty/Lawerson.

Dodds!

Off to watch the game at the bird's house lads, we always win when I watch game's with her, for example all our Uefa Cup games, and the first 3 champions league games so the game's in the bag ;).

Is that from the Ian Crocker school of tempting fate?! :craphead:

Cue us gettin dumped out the cup, and u gettin dumped! :craphead: