All's quiet..

rossDas

I'm not seeing many solid links with players despite Walter having a few million to spend.

It's clear that the defence needs strenthening and I reckon the bulk of our transfers should be done now, even if it means spending less in the summer.

I dont want our players to be "gelling" come the start of next season- we need to be ready for the title race from the word go.

I would rather get some experienced loan deals right now to get us through the season. The right targets are too expensive to get right now and since we dont have tons of money, the summer is the best time to get value for money.

i read somewhere that he said that it would be unlikely that any transfers would be made this week (as in today being the end of the week) as it's been such a hectic time what with talks with SFA about his release, then all the press time after being appointed, and then the meetings with the SFA about compensation, he's hardly had a minute to stop and think.

I think they had far too much to do last week, and just had to concentrate on trying to settle and organise the team, I would expect more to happen this week on the transfer front.

Starting with Gow

They will have a list of players who are or will be made available already on the office desk, having just seen there team win 5-0 they will have a better idea of what they need and will probably make moves mid week.

Everton have released Wier to us he will come 'til the nd of the season

I disagree about signing players now. In January you have to pay over the odds as a player might be having the season of his life, his team don't want to lose him with little time to get a replacement and he might just generally be overpriced.

I think a couple of players will see us through to the summer. We better get a move on if we wnat Gow as there are supposidly Premiership teams watching him now.