Walter having a real go in tommorows papers at LIEwell

Thermopylae

Not Walters place, imo he has over stepped the mark and showen a slight lack of respect and maturity.

hmm :rolleyes:

what?

i don't think the team manager should be getting into that side of things, having a go at chairmen/ chief exec etc

leave the suits to the suits. let the managers deal with on the field stuff.

on the field 4 times in a week, i'd say this is right within the managers domain

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Walters place, imo he has over stepped the mark and showen a slight lack of respect and maturity.

what?

i don't think the team manager should be getting into that side of things, having a go at chairmen/ chief exec etc

on the field 4 times in a week, i'd say this is right within the managers domain

to have a pop at another teams suits?

what?

to have a pop at another teams suits?

well within his rights to have a pop at lies surrounding a situation which could well affect his own job.

This should be coming from elsewhere in the club, I will most certainly agree that, but theres nothing wrong with anything Smith has said and the lack of anyone else standing up then I'm glad walter has said something.

what?

<_< Aye it's fine for Liewell to spout off all this 'sporting integrity' nonsense. Walter was simply saying that he should cut the crap and say what he means. It is liewell that shows the lack of respect with idiotic comments like the one mentioned. As if we don't know what he truely means.. The other stuff about the SPL doing us over with these fixtures is also just. So to say he is being childish is bull. Walter tells you how it is. Well done that man!

Wilferrell :doh:

Let's get it out - are you a Tim? Just be honest. I find it rather sad that you come on this website to simply disagree with every post you can be bothered to reply to.

For the 1st time in a while, someone at Rangers is sticking up for the club and you're criticising. Why? It's a nice change to see those at Rangers not sit back and take all the flak silently.

Thank god you're not in charge at our club, we'd be sitting ducks for any criticism. We need to stop being easy targets.

Spot on to Walter for telling things as they are. :clap:

And for the record, why is wf still allowed to post on this board? All he has done since he came on here is defend Septic and disparage Rangers - it's certainly no mystery as to where his sympathies lie. GTF and shut the door on the way out.

well within his rights to have a pop at lies surrounding a situation which could well affect his own job.

This should be coming from elsewhere in the club, I will most certainly agree that, but theres nothing wrong with anything Smith has said and the lack of anyone else standing up then I'm glad walter has said something.

Exactly. meaning its not smiths place. really, it might not be anyone's place to have ago at another chairman/ cheif exec what ever but if clubs DO have a go at each other it should be by each other's counterpart. i.e. walter- strach.

In terms of fixtures imo walters right to be anoyed imo they should either extend the league, or don't.

not "if rangers reach the final" - walter does have a short fuse though, and imo should keep out of the buisness men's jobs.

In the interview walter blames lawwell and celtic for the game on sunday being right between the semi final of the eufa cup. murray/bain etc would not say that. because they know the fixture is when it is to stop any title decider being an oldfirm game and has much to do with the police as it did the sfa. imo- it had VERY little to do with celtic :S

(not that that worked, ofcourse as the game on sunday could well have been a decider )

Exactly. meaning its not smiths place. really, it might not be anyone's place to have ago at another chairman/ cheif exec what ever but if clubs DO have a go at each other it should be by each other's counterpart. i.e. walter- strach.

In terms of fixtures imo walters right to be anoyed imo they should either extend the league, or don't.

not "if rangers reach the final" - walter does have a short fuse though, and imo should keep out of the buisness men's jobs.

In the interview walter blames lawwell and celtic for the game on sunday being right between the semi final of the eufa cup. murray/bain etc would not say that. because they know the fixture is when it is to stop any title decider being an oldfirm game and has much to do with the police as it did the sfa. imo- it had VERY little to do with celtic :S

(not that that worked, ofcourse as the game on sunday could well have been a decider )

doh

See if you actually ARE a Rangers fan, who needs enemies etc.

Nothing short of a fucking joke.

Let's get it out - are you a Tim? Just be honest. I find it rather sad that you come on this website to simply disagree with every post you can be bothered to reply to.

For the 1st time in a while, someone at Rangers is sticking up for the club and you're criticising. Why? It's a nice change to see those at Rangers not sit back and take all the flak silently.

Thank god you're not in charge at our club, we'd be sitting ducks for any criticism. We need to stop being easy targets.

Rangers should be coming out and saying there bit, but should it be coming from walter, or murray/martin?

Rangers should be coming out and saying there bit, but should it be coming from walter, or murray/martin?

If anything, your point should be aimed at Bain/Murray's not coming out and actively defending the club.

Maybe Walter feels like he HAS to do it himself.

Sorry, I've not seen one positive thing from you on this board, I can't believe for a minute that you're really a Gers fan.

No problem. Off the Newsnow page which you might already know:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/...iership/Rangers

(I see Fatson says Celtic will beat Rangers....)

And Walter was that man? (Playing devil's advocate)

I agree in some ways he should not be but I'm glad he's not adhering to the less aggressive strategy that some people at the club (and some fans) would prefer...

Like he says these decisions could cost him his job so why shouldn't he comment?

Who do you think should be saying this stuff, Boab?

If at all, the Chairmen or Mr Bain should be talking about this kind of stuff.

However, perhaps Walter felt he had to say something as his Boss wasn't but he shouldn't feel the need to I dare say.

If anything, your point should be aimed at Bain/Murray's not coming out and actively defending the club.

Sorry, I've not seen one positive thing from you on this board, I can't believe for a minute that you're really a Gers fan.

yet you agree with my point that its not smith's place to do this?

i have a pop at the board then you'll say the exact same thing -

I don't agree at all. I'm saying that if the board aren't saying anything in the first instance, then Walter is perfectly within his rights to say whatever he wants.

Search the board and you'll find plenty of positive stuff from me, the same however cannot be claimed of you.

doh doh doh:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Goodbye timothy.

Nothing to do with the fact that they avoid the Old Firm title deciders due to the actions of the hooped, sectarian, terrorism-loving, child-killer-idolising, bigoted scum who assaulted a ref to try and cheat their way to a title. Too many excuses for Scotland's real shame from you. Time to kindly GTF timmy.

at least walter will stick up for the club, not like that coward murray who is only after our money.

Like Murray, too many on this forum are willing to take unwarranted criticism of the club without a whisper of an argument.

Referees etc are scared to punish Celtic because they stand up for themselves in adversity, it could help us out if we followed a similar pattern.

at least walter will stick up for the club, not like that coward murray who is only after our money.

I actually disagree with that and will defend the club there.

Whilst murray dosn't say enough. bain can open his mouth.

as for murray being after our money, he imo puts alot of money into the team.

he's gave eck a budget, he gave PLG a good budget and he gave walter a good budget

now the season's of eck's last and plg's only we couldn't have been MAKING alot of money, not really yet the managers have all been given an alright budget which imo is down to murray- surely?