Julian Faubert

Ally19713

Dont know if it was his decision, or if he was co-erced. And I dont really care.

Fact is, he had the chance to come to Rangers and make it happen.

He chose West Ham.

We're chasing four trophies including a european one. He's chasing points against some ridiculously crap english teams and survival in the EPL mid table.

As we used to say at school.... Nae joy, gay boy.

He was more than willing to come to us but we only offered something like 5 million and West Ham gave the French mob thier 7 million or whatever asking price.

I dont believe tjays true. i think we offerd 6m and it was haggled over in order for the club to get their inflated price from west ham.

negotiations like that are always swayed by the players own wishes. and i think he and his club used us.

West Ham are a pretty decent sized club who play in the EPL. They bought Julien Faubert for a little over £6.1m plus the wages. I very much doubt we'd of benn able to pay that for one player?!

Look at what has happened to Faubert, serious injury, comes back and picks up another. These injuries might of cost him his major asset, his pace. I'm not too bothered that we missed out.

West Ham are a pretty decent sized club who play in the EPL. They bought Julien Faubert for a little over £6.1m plus the wages. I very much doubt we'd of benn able to pay that for one player?!

Look at what has happened to Faubert, serious injury, comes back and picks up another. These injuries might of cost him his major asset, his pace. I'm not too bothered that we missed out.

No doubt, if the first one was a leg injury. Whats his second?

Ruptured achilles followed by a knock to his knee then a groin injury.

Safe to say his pace will definitely be affected, as will his general ability to shake off similar injuries to those areas. :unsure:

Pace and power was his game. I hope it doesn't effect him. WHU fans dont think he'll be the same and they never really rated him. Before his injury, I thought he was quality. Still only 23 or 24.

In JCD's Interview he said that he was talking to Faubert on the phone and he said he would do everything to try to come.

Rangers just couldnt afford him at the time. Should a Deal have been made he would most deffinately chose Rangers over West Ham

Lucky we never agreed a deal. £6.1m down the drain and a footballer who could potential never re-discover his form on big wages and a long contract. Guess it's the chance you take.

Lucky we never agreed a deal. £6.1m down the drain and a footballer who could potential never re-discover his form on big wages and a long contract. Guess it's the chance you take.

Yes, but he might never have been injured playing for us.

Anyway it never happened so who cares.

We might care next season, as rumours have been circulating about a move to Rangers in the summer for Faubert.

As for the "does Scottish football really have that bad a reputation" question, the answer to that is yes. No matter how well we do in Europe, and how well he plays, Cuellar won't be involved in the Spain squad. If he played that well for any side in the Premiership, he'd be called up instantly.

Dont know if it was his decision, or if he was co-erced. And I dont really care.

Fact is, he had the chance to come to Rangers and make it happen.

He chose West Ham.

We're chasing four trophies including a european one. He's chasing points against some ridiculously crap english teams and survival in the EPL mid table.

As we used to say at school.... Nae joy, gay boy.

Ally McCoist knocked us back twice....

we were outbid by west ham otherwise he would have came here. Sadly we just dont have the money to spend £6m+ on one player. Just look at what happened to him anyway. Imagine if we had spent half our budget on one player and he was injured before he kicked a ball for us. It was bad enough with webster. Sadly we are are better off signing 3 £2m players than 1 £6m player. At least if one gets injured we still have the other 2.

Wasnt He Linked With Us To Come Here In The Summer?

If you mean last summer he was more than linked, we were interested and he allegedly wanted to come but we were outbid by West Ham. If you mean his summer...yes it appears the link is being made again, however probably just more media speculation

He was more than willing to come to us but we only offered something like 5 million and West Ham gave the French mob thier 7 million or whatever asking price.

I dont believe tjays true. i think we offerd 6m and it was haggled over in order for the club to get their inflated price from west ham.

negotiations like that are always swayed by the players own wishes. and i think he and his club used us.

Yes...a player does not have to go to the club that offers the largest transfer fee. That's not really his concern.

Ruptured achilles followed by a knock to his knee then a groin injury.

now i can see why we tried to buy him, would have been a great addition to the rozental and prodan list :rolleyes: