Alan Smith

gvr1980

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's scored approximately 0 goals in 35 appearences for Newcastle.

Have a lot of those games not come from midfield with Martins, Owen and Viduka in front?

I couldn't give a f*ck if he supports Rangers or not. He's just as good if not better than what we have and for that reason I'd take him. He'd walk it up here, the SPL is p*sh.

I think Ferguson is finished, every season he struggles with injuries and it effects him.

He is pish for Newcastle and better players than him have come to the SPL and been found out.

That's it with you Ferguson haters, three bad games and he's finished yet Sebo, yeah, what a player. Bring him back, he's just what we need.

doh

Have a lot of those games not come from midfield with Martins, Owen and Viduka in front?

Yes but still, a natural goalscorer still scores goals from midfield.

Even at Leeds, he record wasn't that good. Something like 1 goal in 5 games up front?

Then Sir Alex realised he was rubbish up front, put him in midfield.

He's a traitor to all Leeds fans. I hate Leeds but what he did was still bang out.

I couldn't give a f*ck if he supports Rangers or not. He's just as good if not better than what we have and for that reason I'd take him. He'd walk it up here, the SPL is p*sh.

I think Ferguson is finished, every season he struggles with injuries and it effects him.

He is pish for Newcastle and better players than him have come to the SPL and been found out.

That's it with you Ferguson haters, three bad games and he's finished yet Sebo, yeah, what a player. Bring him back, he's just what we need.

doh

Whats Sebo got do u with it <cr>

I thought we were talking about Alan Smith :unsure:

A lot?

All of them have.

SAF transformed him to a Central Midfielder were he carried on playing in this role at Newcastle.

doh doh doh

What's with the "Ferguson haters" pish? We also see it when we disagree with Boyd. What a load of bollocks. And what has Sebo got to do with it? He is absolutely pish!

I'm anything but a Ferguson hater and if you knew me then you'd know that!

When was the last time Ferguson went through a season without suffering injuries and having to take injections etc? His form has been off and the injuries are effecting him.

He seems to be the only player who can't put a foot wrong in some people's eyes and if you disagree you are labelled a "hater"

doh doh doh

What's with the "Ferguson haters" pish? We also see it when we disagree with Boyd. What a load of bollocks. And what has Sebo got to do with it? He is absolutely pish!

I'm anything but a Ferguson hater and if you knew me then you'd know that!

When was the last time Ferguson went through a season without suffering injuries and having to take injections etc? His form has been off and the injuries are effecting him.

He seems to be the only player who can't put a foot wrong in some people's eyes and if you disagree you are labelled a "hater"

And if you knew me then you would know that I've never thought that Ferguson can do no wrong but I still think he's our best player, more influential on a game than Cuellar.

Yes, because of injury and a long hard season, he is not at his best, probably hasn't been anywhere near top form for the entire season but I don't think that is reason enough to punt him and especially not for the likes of the rampaging Alan Smith (if poor form and injuries are what we're going by).

Don't get the Boyd bit. Personally I'd play him every week but if we do sell him it wont change the team that much, but sell Fergie and I think we're up shit creek without the paddle.

I was using Sebo as an example of how fickle some can be. Appoligies if you do see him in his true light.

:rangers:

Yes Alan Smith earns sums of cash that most people can only dream of for doing something that he enjoys, and is good at, but he has had a pretty tough time of it in recent seasons.

He got a dream move to Man Utd but due to their quality he quickly went from being an occasional midfielder, to an occasional striker.

He then suffered what was a hideous leg break and just as he was coming back into a decent bit of form he was sold to Newcastle.

He then went from being asked to play as a box to box midfielder at Man Utd to being asked to play as a holding player in a 4-3-3 formation at Newcastle and without doubt he has failed and now he has shattered confidence.

As a result people seem to be branding Smith as a poor player, or a has been.

I think he is struggling due to factors that were at times out with his control, and considering all the factors and attributes that he has: the footballing quality to go with the battling qualities, His support for the club and the way that Smith has a knack of getting the very best out of players who have lost almost their way I thnk he would be an incredible signing.

Disgruntled Bear made the best point in this thread so far: would he improve us?

My answer is yes.

He would definitely improve us...

Imagine this team next year (and before any one jumps on my back I see no reason why we couldn't have it)

McGregor

Whittaker Cuellar ______? Papac/Smith

Gattuso

Ferguson Davis Thomson

Smith

Darchevillle

My only worry would be we would have no real width in this side, But I honestly feel quality additions like Gattuso and Smith along with DMB coming back we would have an extremely strong side.

I'd sign him. He's a better striker than anything we have and he's not bad in the midfield either. I tell you something, if we had him in the midfield yesterday then I can assure you thay both Hartley and Robson would not of been allowed to dish it out and control the midfield. It is a joke that these two dummies have been able to batter our midfield about in the last two matches.

People want David Healy, mainly down to him being a Rangers man and a having a good International striking rate, well Alan Smith would be a much bigger and better signing!

Smith could play CM, AM or as a ST in the lone role or with a partner. I thik he's be a great partner for Boyd!

Have to agree Muff , we have been getting the shite kicked out of us latley need someone like a Smith to even things up a bit with the tick

putting in tackles wast high with studs showing and getting away with it .FFS

He would definitely improve us...

Imagine this team next year (and before any one jumps on my back I see no reason why we couldn't have it)

McGregor

Whittaker Cuellar ______? Papac/Smith

Gattuso

Ferguson Davis Thomson

Smith

Darchevillle

My only worry would be we would have no real width in this side, But I honestly feel quality additions like Gattuso and Smith along with DMB coming back we would have an extremely strong side.

-McGregor-

-_____-Cuellar-_____-S Smith-

-Davis-Ferguson-Thomson-Beasley

-Klasnic-A Smith-

______________McGregor______________

________Cuellar________???????________

?????___________________________Papac

________Appiah______Thomson_________

Beasley_________Smith__________???????

_______________??????________________

Guest Andypendek

:D

what we need is motivated players with creative ability, preferably scots but failing that britishers. people say smith is failing at newcastle but tbh pele would have struggled to impress in that madhouse. an aggressive, narky, talented boy with a point to prove. much as i disapprove of his whiny, petulant behaviour on ability alone he'd be a good signing.

what we need is motivated players with creative ability, preferably scots but failing that britishers. people say smith is failing at newcastle but tbh pele would have struggled to impress in that madhouse. an aggressive, narky, talented boy with a point to prove. much as i disapprove of his whiny, petulant behaviour on ability alone he'd be a good signing.

(tu) good post... agreed!

Newcastle is a graveyard for good players!

If our finances state you could have Davis or Smith for an attacking midfielder who would you take? I'm a fan of both but Smith would be my choice for his extra dig and experience.

On a personal basis i like the guy, influenced with honesty because he's never hidden the fact that he supports us, but from a purely footballing perspective i wouldnt be chasing him. If he was only leaving Leeds now then you'd have taken him in a flash, but he has gone backwards since.

On a personal basis i like the guy, influenced with honesty because he's never hidden the fact that he supports us, but from a purely footballing perspective i wouldnt be chasing him. If he was only leaving Leeds now then you'd have taken him in a flash, but he has gone backwards since.

simply because two managers have tried to turn him into a midfielder and he';s suffered a near career ending leg break.

We should sign him, let him gain his confidnence back through our excellent togetherness and play him upfront.

He'd tear the SPL apart IMO.