QOS manager crticises the allocation of tickets for Hampden!

Boab

Gordon Chisholm blasts SFA over ticket allocation for Queen of the South

Apr 29 2008 By Chris Roberts

GORDON CHISHOLM last night accused the SFA of being unfair with their ticket allocation for the Scottish Cup Final.

Queen of the South chairman David Rae seemed happy to get just over 11,000 briefs for the May showdown with an extra 4000 on offer if they sell out.

But boss Chisholm believes tickets should have been split 50-50 with Rangers - despite the fact only 10,000 turned up to cheer on their side in their semi-final victory over Aberdeen.

Chisholm said: "The tickets should be split equally. Average crowds should have nothing to do with it.

"Why should there be more tickets for Rangers than us?

"This is the first time we've reached the Final and we could easily sell 20,000 tickets.

"I thought we would get a few more because of the interest in the game and tickets will be like gold dust."

Chisholm admits he'll struggle to get all his family and friends in. He added: "Guys I know are phoning me wanting to come up from Birmingham.

"People from all over the world want to attend this game."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20398800/

there is wide interest in this game in dumfries but they wont sell 20000, as 10000 4 the semi waz quite unreal 4 a town wi 35000 in it. Sayin that i guarentee half of the queens "fans" at the game were there cheering on Gretna last time. Glory huntin scumbags.

there is wide interest in this game in dumfries but they wont sell 20000, as 10000 4 the semi waz quite unreal 4 a town wi 35000 in it. Sayin that i guarentee half of the queens "fans" at the game were there cheering on Gretna last time. Glory huntin scumbags.

...yep!...my brother and his family live in Lochmaben near you and they'll the GHS you're talkin about!

They go to the occassional Gretna and QOS games... when I've visited them I've even gone once or twice too...it happens...no sweat...it's why football is called entertainment and these wee teams are grateful for anyone that can turn up and pay!

(one match last season was the game when Gretna beat Hamilton Accies 6-0!...how fortunes change !

:)

...yep!...my brother and his family live in Lochmaben near you and they'll the GHS you're talkin about!

They go to the occassional Gretna and QOS games... when I've visited them I've even gone once or twice too...it happens...no sweat...it's why football is called entertainment and these wee teams are grateful for anyone that can turn up and pay!

(one match last season was the game when Gretna beat Hamilton Accies 6-0!...how fortunes change !

:)

the thing is ara the queens fans shud be grateful that we get the rest of the allocation, no1 wants to see a scottish cup final not bein a sellout. The games on sky sports an will be viewed globally, nout worse than a hampden wi say 35000 fans, bit embarrassin tbh, and mare money 4 davie rea if its a sellout.

Yeah i kno lochmaben well jus 4 miles from me, bit of a layby tho, get ursel to lockerbie for a nyt oot, much betta than there ;)

All the Dunfries tims will be up too .But a team who has an average 1500 fans really ought to take a reality check.

They should have 10,000 maximum...cos they won't sell anymore than that

yeah its well known as a timmy town GB, bt theyl no be able to afford the bus ticket up to the game.

they should be thankful for 10,000 tickets , why should 8500 folk who have probably been at one game all season (the semi !!!) have the right to get a ticket before me who has a season ticket or indeed my son who i've paid into 11 home games this season - after getting a ticket for every friendly , home euro match , and every single scottish cup tie i'd have been fuming if they got 17k tickets and i never got one for the final !!!

All the Dunfries tims will be up too .But a team who has an average 1500 fans really ought to take a reality check.

yeah its well known as a timmy town GB, bt theyl no be able to afford the bus ticket up to the game.

It ain't a timmy town - that's crap ! I stop off there to visit regulalrly. There are more junkies (they will be the taig's) there pro rata, than anywhere else in Scotland. I know many who are going to Hampden to support QOS, they are plastic fans who generally support the bears, but are v/fickle. (Gretna all over !)

It ain't a timmy town - that's crap ! I stop off there to visit regulalrly. There are more junkies (they will be the taig's) there pro rata, than anywhere else in Scotland. I know many who are going to Hampden to support QOS, they are plastic fans who generally support the bears, but are v/fickle. (Gretna all over !)

fraid to tell u m8 iv worked in dfs 4 the last 5 years with dfs ppl, also go oot on nyt oots there quite a bit, it is a timmy town, bt i do agree bout the junkies (oot of control there), as 4 puttin queens in the same bracket as gretna is not really fair. Davie Rea is a sensible man bt more importantly a realistic man, the feedback i get from the queens support is that their quite happy ploddin away in the 1st devision.