Nacho Novo

Before I start, I just thought I would say that I'm not starting this thread in the aftermath of last night's result.

But do you think that some day Novo might have a case?

Ok he doesn't have anywhere near the international caps, honours won or even that many apperances for us in comparsion with some of the Rangers Greats in the HOF, but looking at him as a player for us in what, most will admith have been troubling times, very few come close to matching him and what he has contributed to a Rangers side.

Look at just how many important goals he scores for us? There are have been so many that I can't remember all of them but this season alone he has scored big big goals against RSB, Panathinikos, Celtic and now the penalty which took us to the UEFA Cup Final.

Aswell as that if you consider that his sheer passion, desire and love of the club makes him the player that he is then surely that can count as an exceptional ability?

He's not, and probably never will be on a par with many of our all time greats, but surely his contribution in his era, means that he must be an outside bet in years to come?

I'd have Novo in the hall of fame, definitely.

Crucial goals in big games throughout his Rangers career. Add that to his tremendous work ethic, never say die attitude, committment to the club and love for the fans............and I just can't see any good reason for him not to be in there. Would be fully deserved, for an 'unfashionable' player that has never laid down and always come back to prove people wrong.

I mentioned in another thread that he's hall of fame material. He's been with us years, clearly loves the club, works his arse off, and puts in those important goals

He's one of the most loved players at the club, and that's just because of his passion for being a part of it even before you take his contribution into account.

<3

He is a wee gem, but can be very infuriating at times too. Got to love him all the same. Gives his all. C Cuellar another Spaniard is the same. It is time to maybe get a couple of more Spanish quality players this Summer. The seem to fit in here very well.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but unless years of great service are put in, its a no for me at this time. And I love the wee man.

There are far better players NOT in the Hall of Fame than wee Nacho.

Without a doubt, i cant describe how much i love the wee man.

GET IT RIGHT UP YE NOVO HATERS

strange statement , i have never heard anyone say they hate Novo

Good player for us , but not for the hall of fame , IMO

I hate to be a spoilsport, but unless years of great service are put in, its a no for me at this time. And I love the wee man.

Rubbish! Nacho Novo "Hall of famer" in waiting. (tu)

possibly, but a long way to go in my opinion. His commitment is without question, but many a better player from the past is not in the Hall of Fame. Think about that.

possibly, but a long way to go in my opinion. His commitment is without question, but many a better player from the past is not in the Hall of Fame. Think about that.

Better footballers more than likely,better all-round team player,with the big game touch?I very much doubt it.

He's a player that 30-40 years from now, you will tell your grand kids about,and I believe that would make him a (dare I say it?)Legend. (tu)

Novo has been hare longer than Gazza, hes a hall of famer so you can look at it both ways.

I love the wee man and I feel he has done enough to merit an entry.

Especially when he scores the winner in the final on Wednesday :D

Of course that is true, but Greig wasn't the most skilful fitba player either. There's more elements to a place in the hall-of-fame than silken skills. Novo is an utterly fantastic team player and I love the wee man to bits. :rangers:

Without a doubt, i cant describe how much i love the wee man.

GET IT RIGHT UP YE NOVO HATERS

strange statement , i have never heard anyone say they hate Novo

Good player for us , but not for the hall of fame , IMO

i hear it every so often from some on here and other rangers forums......

aww novos nae first touch, his work rate means fuck all if he disny score, just because he slaps the badge a few times disny mean hes a good player blah blah blah

Not far at all. A winning goal next Wednesday will clinch it. That could apply to them all I suppose. :)