Gattuso Heading To Premiership?

Updated: May 2, 2008

AC Milan's Gattuso wants to play in England

MILAN, May 2 (Reuters) - AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has said he would like to play in the English Premier League.

Rumours that Milan stalwart Gattuso was considering leaving have been circling for weeks but the Italy international, who played in Scotland with Rangers in 1997 and 1998, had been quiet on his future until now.

'I would like to have the possibility to play in the Premier League,' he told Italy's Sky TV on Friday. 'It's a dream I have always had and never hidden. I think I have the characteristics to play in that league.'

Fifth-placed Milan face Serie A leaders Inter in the city derby on Sunday and are desperate for a win to pressure Fiorentina in the battle for the fourth Champions League spot. 'Many people have asked me why I've not talked in this period. I don't want to talk because I don't want to bring personal problems into the group,' he said.

'We are concentrated on the derby. Our objective is fourth spot and afterwards I will have time to talk about my situation.'

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said recently the tough-tackling midfielder was too important to the club and would not be able to leave whether he wanted to or not.

Despite the speculation he wanted to move, no clubs have been linked in the media with the 30-year-old.

After recent threads linking Rino with a return to Rangers, maybe these words direct from the man himself will put an end to speculation for a season or two. Then again.....probably not! :rolleyes:

Think he would do well in the Premiership. I also think Tottenham will do a little better next year than this. They have a good attack force already and with the addition of Modric should become quite lethal and with King, Woodgate, Hutton and co in the backline that is starting to look like a solid defence.

would be a massive addition to any EPL team. His work rate and passion are among the best of anyone in football. even the fact he wouldn't talk about a move shows his personal character, unlike other players dropping hints about moves all the time.