Sasa Papac

Wullie!

Was about the 35th minute in the game today (I know it was late first half anyway) and the Broomloan where singing "Sasa Papac *clap clap clap clap clap*" to the tune of the "we are the people" chant, and Mr Papac himself turned to the fans and applauded them :unionflag:

I found it good anyway :craphead:

The big mans playing excellent at LB for us this season :rangers:

Was about the 35th minute in the game today (I know it was late first half anyway) and the Broomloan where singing "Sasa Papac *clap clap clap clap clap*" to the tune of the "we are the people" chant, and Mr Papac himself turned to the fans and applauded them :unionflag:

Agree mate!

The big bosnian has been solid and his overall game has improved IMO. His passing and ability to get down the line is much better than it was 8months ago!

Smith could have a hard time getting back into the team!!

Was happy that he applauded the fans as well, must have been a pleasant surprise for him!

Sasa is a centre half by nature and I have to say I've been hugely impressed by how he has aquitted himself in the left back role. He is not a natural fullback and perhaps that shows in his sub-standard crosses , but overall he has filled in superbly. A player whose effort is never found wanting , and what a cooly taken penalty in Florence. I like this guy :rangers:

our LB for the forseeable future imo well should be after his performances this season,him and smith fighting it out will do for me

Always good to have a wee battle for positions :unionflag:

Apart from getting shafted for the goal today, he has been doing incredibly well, always been a fan and have always said good about him, he seems to be getting forward a bit more aswell and found himself in the box trying to get on the end of a cross again!!

At Fir Park earlier this year, me and my mate had a Bosnia flag out at HT for him running out. he clapped in our direction, then after the game he ran up to the area where we were and signed some autographs and got some pictures taken when the rest of the players had went in.

Good ol' Sasa :D

I've really grown to be very fond of Papac this season. Delighted with him. (tu)

Ok, he's not the best going forward, but I'm still of the school of thought that believes defenders should be able to defend first and foremost, and defensively, Papac has been reliable at every level this season.

I also think he looks a bit 'grittier' this year. He's more aggressive, thundered into a couple of challenges today. He arrived a composed player, and now he's added a bit more aggression to his game, which has improved him further.

If he's our left back next season, that's fine by me. Stevie Smith has good potential, and he's got a fight on his hands to get that jersey back. It's a win-win situation for us, two very worthy candidates for the left back slot. Lets just hope Stevie finds a level of consistent fitness that allows him to compete strongly for the position.

I echo all the above sentiments.

Did you know he had a terrible crash and had a while recuperate from serious maxillofacial operations? He has a fair bit of character, the lad, as do a few of them. Walter's wisely picked good strong characters.

Did you know he had a terrible crash and had a while recuperate from serious maxillofacial operations? He has a fair bit of character, the lad, as do a few of them. Walter's wisely picked good strong characters.

Except it were Paul Le Guen who signed Sasa weren't it?

Except it were Paul Le Guen who signed Sasa weren't it?

Of course. I am aware he is the sole survivor, although Furman may have been PLG's too.

Walter chose to keep and use him, unlike Sebo, Sionko, Clement, Svensson, etc.

I've really grown to be very fond of Papac this season. Delighted with him. (tu)

Ok, he's not the best going forward, but I'm still of the school of thought that believes defenders should be able to defend first and foremost, and defensively, Papac has been reliable at every level this season.

I also think he looks a bit 'grittier' this year. He's more aggressive, thundered into a couple of challenges today. He arrived a composed player, and now he's added a bit more aggression to his game, which has improved him further.

If he's our left back next season, that's fine by me. Stevie Smith has good potential, and he's got a fight on his hands to get that jersey back. It's a win-win situation for us, two very worthy candidates for the left back slot. Lets just hope Stevie finds a level of consistent fitness that allows him to compete strongly for the position.

agreed , two excellent full backs

That's brilliant to hear that the fans applauded him, he has been stellar, almost always dependable, calm and collected.

Thank you to the fans that are able to make it to Ibrox for passing along the appreciation of all of us around the world that cannot be there to do it ourselves!

Yeah, it was great when he applauded the band of fans (including yours truly) who sang his name today.

Papac has had an excellent season by and large and has really make a mockery of some of the 'woeful' comments aimed at him earlier in the campaign. He does need to work on some parts of his game (namely aggression in the tackle and closing down wide players quickly) but he's proved a decent signing for next to no money in modern terms.

:)