Broadfoot

GregW

Is it just me or does this guy make anyone else laugh? The foul throws he tends to do and the fantastic cock ups he does at least once in a match where when the camera zooms in he always has that same puzzled expression he pulls everytime he does something wrong always makes me laugh. The kinda look that says "What? It wasn't my fault?!?!?". You cant doubt the guys commitment to Rangers and he plays with his heart, but im sorry I just dont think he's good enough and I reckon we need a replacement over the summer.

not another broadfoot thread.

The guy did good. Made a great sliding tackle in the box, your forgeting whos shoes hes trying to fill, not the worst rangers player tonight anyway. i didnt see any foul throws by him tonight. i saw 1 from zenit .

We need a new right back, no question. That was clearly the case as soon as Hutton left in my view, I'm no fan of Whittaker either.

However, I think the criticism of Broadfoot has been ridiculous at times. For me, he's had one 'howler' this season, and that was Sporting at home. And he's cost us one crucial goal, the penalty he conceded against Celtic.

Besides that, I think he's been fairly solid. He's limited, but a trier. He's a centre back filling in at right back in his first season at the club, and he's done fine all things considered for me.

As for tonight, what real problem was there with him ? We knew Zenit were going to be strong down their left side, and I think he coped ok with what was thrown at him. Ultimately, the crucial first goal was nothing to do with him, and was conceded from a move down our left side.

I don't think anyone let us down tonight. Yes, some may feel disappointed that they didn't show their best form, but not one player should be singled out for criticism in my opinion.

Thought Broadfoot has been one of our better performers in recent weeks. Never shys away, always makes himself available, gives his heart for the club, always up and down the pithc.

couple of loose errors here and there and everyone has him down as a donkey. You shuould get off his back and support him till at least the end of the season. One of the first names on my Rangers team this season.

Im not slagging the guys performance tonight, as I said he plays with his heart but I just really think we need a replacement over the summer.

Im not slagging the guys performance tonight, as I said he plays with his heart but I just really think we need a replacement over the summer.

So this is just a random Broadfoot thread. Nothing on his performance tonight made you want to make this thread ?

We will probably sign another right back and Broadfoot will be Back up . A good Back up IMO

he did his job tonight, passing wasnt that good(but whose was in the rangers team) but played better than cuellar in the defence, and it was cuellar that let the attacker run by for the 1st goal.

would say he was our best player tonight broadfoot

he did his job tonight, passing wasnt that good(but whose was in the rangers team) but played better than cuellar in the defence, and it was cuellar that let the attacker run by for the 1st goal.

I think youl find taht Cuellar closed down the pass and it went through his elgs. Weir seemed to be tracking the goalscorer

Was just looking at novos chance again OMG, could have rolled it across . bout 3 players waiting . whata miss

Cuellar had two players coming at him in that situation and Broadfoot stood there like a complete bellend staring at them.

theres no way broadfoot played better than cuellar. and to say he was our best player is a joke. he wasnt bad is about the best i can say about him.

theres no way broadfoot played better than cuellar. and to say he was our best player is a joke. he wasnt bad is about the best i can say about him.

How ? Arguebly he did

So this is just a random Broadfoot thread. Nothing on his performance tonight made you want to make this thread ?

We will probably sign another right back and Broadfoot will be Back up . A good Back up IMO

Actually, yes it is just a random broadfoot thread. It was about the comical face Broadfoot pulls when he does make a mistake. As I said, I think he played average tonight, he can do a decent long pass when he wants to and he certainly plays with his heart... but overall his performance the whole season I feel we do need a replacement.

We need a new right back, no question. That was clearly the case as soon as Hutton left in my view, I'm no fan of Whittaker either.

However, I think the criticism of Broadfoot has been ridiculous at times. For me, he's had one 'howler' this season, and that was Sporting at home. And he's cost us one crucial goal, the penalty he conceded against Celtic.

Besides that, I think he's been fairly solid. He's limited, but a trier. He's a centre back filling in at right back in his first season at the club, and he's done fine all things considered for me.

As for tonight, what real problem was there with him ? We knew Zenit were going to be strong down their left side, and I think he coped ok with what was thrown at him. Ultimately, the crucial first goal was nothing to do with him, and was conceded from a move down our left side.

I don't think anyone let us down tonight. Yes, some may feel disappointed that they didn't show their best form, but not one player should be singled out for criticism in my opinion.

Well said - good post

there were a couple of occasions when broadfoot had the ball at his feet on the right with the oppertunity to go forward into space but he stops and passes sidyways or backwards. for me this is criminal especialy when we are playing defefnsive and trying to catch the team on counter attack