Brutal As Usual

Muff

Both goals conceded last night came from our own throw-ins. Why the f*ck can we not even do the basic's, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly wonder what goes on at Murray Park at times?

Our set-pieces and throw-ins are a complete and utter embarrassement and it's been going on for far too long now.

Basic stuff. Get it sorted Rangers!

Both goals conceded last night came from our own throw-ins. Why the f*ck can we not even do the basic's, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly wonder what goes on at Murray Park at times?

Our set-pieces and throw-ins are a complete and utter embarrassement and it's been going on for far too long now.

Basic stuff. Get it sorted Rangers!

At last! we can start to talk about the football, noticed that last night that both their goals came from us giving away dodgy possession, I mean c'mon FFS, a throw in!!!

In saying that though Muffger, I don't think apart from the wee scramble in the box where the ball came off their guys arm, that we created that much, I've not watched the rerun of the game yet but my initial thoughts are that we didn't create enough to get the win, hopefully the guys can use the pain from last night to help spur them on for the remaining games, surely none of them will want to feel that hurt again in the near future (I know I don't that's for sure!)

Aye - we are so PISH that we were in a UEFA cup final - first in 32 years, won the league cup and still got 2 more to go for - we are so BAD (NOT!!)

Get a grip with your expectations - IMO they are far to unrealistic!

Aye - we are so PISH that we were in a UEFA cup final - first in 32 years, won the league cup and still got 2 more to go for - we are so BAD (NOT!!)

What has that got to do with two awful throw-ins that cost us two goals? Basic stuff here!

What has that got to do with two awful throw-ins that cost us two goals? Basic stuff here!

What's so unrealistic about expecting your team to be able to retain possession? Or being able to take a throw in that within 2 or 3 short sharp passes ends up with us conceding a goal?

We created next to no attacking threat, fair enough over a two legged game the tactic has worked, however last night it would be fair to say that we should expect a bit more, I'm not saying we should have went gung ho, but the simple ability to pass and move appears a hidden art at times within our team, have a look at us the next time we are playing and see if our players wait to get the ball passed to them or if they move about all the time to receive it!

We also have players that appear scared to dribble with the ball, if we are lucky they will travel with the ball 3 yards then it's a case of head up and look for a pass.

I realise that probably appears like a dig through frustration at getting beaten (and to an extent that is correct - I am a supporter and that's the nature of the beast when you want to see your team do well) but even when we have won games we have debated on here about how we can improve, it is that desire to continually improve that makes our club so successful

:rangers:

thought the entire 5 man midfield were missing last night,

Hemdani did alot of running alwasy past backwards

Thommo wasnt ready, he wasnt in the game

Davis been missing for about a month now

Barry was the best player in midfield but wasnt the same player as saturday

Whittacker was marked well, very well, all the play came down from the left, he was the threat in the first and 2nd half.

would of liked to have seen novo on the right, thommo holding not deep, just holding, and let davis and fergie run and hemdani off

but saying all this, moaning, we have had a unbelievable season and to be there was a huge achievement!! Mon the gers lets take the league

I thought Hemdani and Ferguson were terrible, certainly not a performance I expected from our Captain.

Thomson wasn't much better and Davis was only slightly better.

My comments are on the general negativity of the whole post - Title 'BRUTAL AS USUAL', Content : Moaning about losing 2 goals based on 'what happens at Murray Park' insinuating - NOTHING!

Context : You had NO concept of the context we were playing in or the season we have had - you just couldn't stop yourself from having a whinge about something and the implied critisism of our coaching staff - I wanted you to APPRECIATE some of the non-negative aspects of a season. For instance you may NOT like 451 - many dont - but it took us to where we are this season. The way we play the 451 takes training, discipline and practise - all of which comes from the caoching staff and what happens at Murray park. Why NOT look to see something we do rght - instead of always picking out what we do wrong?

Obviously not read my posts then. I think 4-5-1 is the best formation.

Brutal, yes, these basic errors happen all the time, we have been screaming about them all season. Yet again it cost us, how can we find something positive from basic errors?

Obviously not read my posts then. I think 4-5-1 is the best formation.

Brutal, yes, these basic errors happen all the time, we have been screaming about them all season. Yet again it cost us, how can we find something positive from basic errors?

Sorry but again its the context of these comments that irritates. We have lost a UEFA cup final, first in 32 years we have been in a final and we are 4 games away from a treble - therefore IMO these basic errors have NOT cost us much - we are having a fantastic season (especially in relation to the last 2) and by my logic we MUST be doing more things GOOD than bad. All goals can be analised (spelling) as mistakes - and I appreciate that to get stronger you work on these mistakes. However to have got where we are means we are doing more right than wrong and while working on errors is good working to your strengths is better. Your comment 'complete and utter embarrassement' about throw-ins and free kicks, while your opinion, is unjustified in my opinion. Yes every time we DONT score from a good free kick position its a dissapointment but every time we score from a set piece its magic - We have scored a lot of our goals from set pieces and so I, for one, dont find them a 'complete and utter embarrassement'.

I thought last night that Hemdani and Ferguson were f*cking woeful.

Thomson played well, thundering into challenges and showing the determination I expect. Hardly noticed Davis and Broadfoot was a f*cking bombscare. Almost forgot about Whittaker, can't remember anything he did of note?

Zenit are a good team but I'm gutted we never turned up.

Nacho on for the last 15?? Should have been on from the start arguably or at least just after half time!

I was out last night so I missed it but I taped it and watched it this morning my Mum covered the paper so I wouldn't see the score great atmosphre but sad we lost the Metro paper said "It Sll Ended In Tears"

They might not of cost us all the time but it still bloody irritates me when I see a foul throw, the time it takes to release the ball, lack of movement at a throw-in, the ball being thrown and landing at the opposition, a free-kick hitting the wall, going over the bar or a corner being completely wasted.

It's gone on all season, infact it's been going on for a lot longer than that. I find it embarrassing when this happens, especially at a club like Rangers.

They might not of cost us all the time but it still bloody irritates me when I see a foul throw, the time it takes to release the ball, lack of movement at a throw-in, the ball being thrown and landing at the opposition, a free-kick hitting the wall, going over the bar or a corner being completely wasted.

It's gone on all season, infact it's been going on for a lot longer than that. I find it embarrassing when this happens, especially at a club like Rangers.

i agree 100% Muff, it's like mistakes you see in a sunday league game and not acceptable for a pro team the size of us :angry2:

Aye, what Muff said.

Your point is so off topic, its like like saying a piece of meat is a fruit.

I'll give you the 1st one mate, sloppy but they did create the chance superbly from our mistake.

The second goal came about because we were throwing everything in to attack in a bid to get the equalizer.

we cant just blame throw ins they had a rediculous amount of possesion in the first half

What pissed me off was Walter going on before the game about how they would have to change it as it was a final and we would have to go for it, only for us to be treated with the dare I say it, Anti Football tactics. Pains me to say it but I reckon Celtic would have walked the Uefa Cup this year.

What pissed me off was Walter going on before the game about how they would have to change it as it was a final and we would have to go for it, only for us to be treated with the dare I say it, Anti Football tactics. Pains me to say it but I reckon Celtic would have walked the Uefa Cup this year.

doh

we cant just blame throw ins they had a rediculous amount of possesion in the first half

But both things were brought about from the same problem: our lack of mobility and technical ability.

Our inability to create space through movement meant that we wasted possession and gifted it back to them with ease and it was the same when taking a throw in too.

One of the first things I was taught as a youngster with regards to throw ins was to go looking for the ball to create space for somebody else, or move into the space that somebody else has just created for you.

Last Saturday Furman, a youth team player, showed every one of our first team players up with his intelligent runs.

The lack of mobility in our team is frightening.