Ehiogu? Eh?!?!

KDI

Its early days yet. Webster if its a long term deal is a good signing, Weir a stop gap, Ehiogu was a very good player but past it now.

So 3 signings, 2 loaners and a free

Murray not exactly digging deep is he, Walter must be looking at spending some "real" money soon surely

Murray better dig deep otherwise if Wattie starts putting a string of bad results together then the fans will really turn on Murray this time.

We need quality in the team,i know Ugo and Weir were quality and could still do a job but we need serious quality to build for next season and have a run in Europe.

Its early days yet. Webster if its a long term deal is a good signing, Weir a stop gap, Ehiogu was a very good player but past it now.

Murray not exactly digging deep is he, Walter must be looking at spending some "real" money soon surely

I think hes doing it on the cheap and keeping the the money to spend on the midfield ie Brown / Hartley IMO.

I think hes doing it on the cheap and keeping the the money to spend on the midfield ie Brown / Hartley IMO.

I hope so mate.

If we can keep Webster past the Summer he will be a good signing, but the others are just patch up jobs.

So I hope your are right and we sign a couple of good young players

I don;t know why people are getting worked up over the signing of Weir, and now possibly Ehiogu. They are only on short term deals of 5months, it's not like they are signing long term deals at a old age. And I would be so happy to see Weir/Webster/Ehiogu in the centre of defence rather than Svensson or Hemdani.

I don;t know why people are getting worked up over the signing of Weir, and now possibly Ehiogu. They are only on short term deals of 5months, it's not like they are signing long term deals at a old age. And I would be so happy to see Weir/Webster/Ehiogu in the centre of defence rather than Svensson or Hemdani.

Strategy seems to shore things up with a few short term deals with experienced players to secure second place and help on the kids. Walter is just in they need time to get all the scouts out of Vienna and back on the road on the search for talent ;)

Strategy seems to shore things up with a few short term deals with experienced players to secure second place and help on the kids. Walter is just in they need time to get all the scouts out of Vienna and back on the road on the search for talent ;)

(tu):lol: Strangely enough I totally agree with what you're saying SB

We are missing the point here... The league is over and Walster has his sights set on one thing ONLY.... Finnishing 2nd and getting into the Champs League... Weir and Ehiogu are experianced defenders, no nonsense players who will come in till the end of the season and do a job for us... This will give Walter time to asses other players and move for better players in the summer when the Champions League money is guaranteed...

We are missing the point here... The league is over and Walster has his sights set on one thing ONLY.... Finnishing 2nd and getting into the Champs League... Weir and Ehiogu are experianced defenders, no nonsense players who will come in till the end of the season and do a job for us... This will give Walter time to asses other players and move for better players in the summer when the Champions League money is guaranteed...

(tu) Agree with you mate, the problem with a few people on here though is they seem to want to argue for the sake of it, consolidating 2nd spot is the priority, we aren't going to get good young defenders at this time of the year who have the relevant experience because no teams will want to sell them.

With these coming in at this moment in time, they can help to consolidate second spot, and just possibly we could (and I think should) progress another couple of rounds at least in the UEFA cup.

We are missing the point here... The league is over and Walster has his sights set on one thing ONLY.... Finnishing 2nd and getting into the Champs League... Weir and Ehiogu are experianced defenders, no nonsense players who will  come in till the end of the season and do a job for us... This will give Walter time to asses other players and move for better players in the summer when the Champions League money is guaranteed...

(tu) Agree with you mate, the problem with a few people on here though is they seem to want to argue for the sake of it, consolidating 2nd spot is the priority, we aren't going to get good young defenders at this time of the year who have the relevant experience because no teams will want to sell them.

With these coming in at this moment in time, they can help to consolidate second spot, and just possibly we could (and I think should) progress another couple of rounds at least in the UEFA cup.

(tu)(tu)

spot on. (tu)

Short term deals, doesnt bother me

we are becoming a joke ehiogu cant even get a game for a championship side, he is injury prone and the fans are saying his attitude has been terrible,we are becoming a retirement home. :rolleyes:

Have to agree, we slagged Sellik last year for Dublin, Keane etc.

we are becoming a joke ehiogu cant even get a game for a championship side, he is injury prone and the fans are saying his attitude has been terrible,we are becoming a retirement home. :rolleyes:

difference is we actually need strengthening in those areas, both short and long term. Celtic didnt need dublin or keane in the slightest

difference is we actually need strengthening in those areas, both short and long term. Celtic didnt need dublin or keane in the slightest

if you think they two players are our answer, thwn oue standards have really dropped. :unsure:

Surely we have our own youngsters that could step up for the remainder of the season.

I don't agree with the signing of Weir at his age but more because it smacks of an old pals act from Walter.

Why not give a couple of young guys the chance to impress?

I'd guess Walter's targets for this season are:

Finishing 2nd in the SPL

Reducing the points defecit to Celtic to single figures.

Reaching at least the last 16 of the UEFA cup.

All 3 should be achievable but he will not be able to do it with the current squad for obvious reasons. He has to look at short term quick fixes in key areas first and in parallel look to address things longer term.

I have no problem at all with the signing of Weir as part of this process indeed his experience may help turn Svensson into the player we thought we were getting. I'm less sure about Ehiogu though, I'd rather stick with Weir and Svensson with Webster maybe coming back into contention later this season.

Surely we have our own youngsters that could step up for the remainder of the season.

I don't agree with the signing of Weir at his age but more because it smacks of an old pals act from Walter.

If I remember back to Walter's first spell in charge, he wasn't exactly keen to rely on youngsters coming through. In fact, Barry Ferguson stated shortly after breaking into the top team under DA, that if Smith had still been in charge then he would probably have left the club.

If I remember back to Walter's first spell in charge, he wasn't exactly keen to rely on youngsters coming through. In fact, Barry Ferguson stated shortly after breaking into the top team under DA, that if Smith had still been in charge then he would probably have left the club.

So he did, I remember that now. I hope he doesn't go that way this time. Things are starting to look a bit more promising with the younger guys breaking through.

This another empty rumour? Or has anything happened with it? The Daily Rubbish seemed to be claiming it was practically a done deal.

Just speculation at the moment but his agent has talked with Smith apparently and today's Gossip Page on BBC says he is going to turn down Leeds and Watford to sign for us. Don't know how much this is true, if at all, but i would not like to see this guy at Ibrox. Can't even get in to the Middlesbourgh team.