Rangers Captain

Our Captain never even turned up on Wednedsay. He yelled and moaned but never spurred the players on. He turned his back when a pass to him was miss-placed and complained at others when he f*cked up.

It's games like that, that you need your captain to stand up and be counted, when you need a leader and someone to look up to.

Get Ferguson back in his proper position or drop/replace him.

If he plays in that position next season then we're f*cked. Loss off form and injuries seem to be creeping into his game, 2008/09 is a massive season for Ferguson.

Our Captain never even turned up on Wednedsay. He yelled and moaned but never spurred the players on. He turned his back when a pass to him was miss-placed and complained at others when he f*cked up.

It's games like that, that you need your captain to stand up and be counted, when you need a leader and someone to look up to.

Get Ferguson back in his proper position or drop/replace him.

If he plays in that position next season then we're f*cked. Loss off form and injuries seem to be creeping into his game, 2008/09 is a massive season for Ferguson.

Agreed , he can dominate games from midfield if he plays deeper , he is suffering through being played out of position , he is never a forward going midfielder

Think cuellar would be a good captain, but can we keep hold of him much longer if he keeps up this level of performance?

When Davis came in, I thought if he stayed here for long enough he could eventually grow into the captains role.

Thomson the only other candidate I can think of.

He was in quoted in the sun today saying he is very happy to see out his contract of three years

then again so was hutton untill the money was on the table and our bank managers eyes lit up

nice topic rossco, fair do's with ur debatable opinion, agree with the rest of the bears on here that barry is the main man and shud be until he finishes and good options for when barry is out e.g. weir, thomson etc.

his performances havent been particularly up to scratch this season however in his normal position orchestrates the midfield.

a few touchy bears out there which is understandable but i dont think ppl should have bitten his head off for asking fellow fans about something he was thinking.

cuellar outstanding this season but unfortunately nowhere near barry's par in terms of being a true blue and an out and out rangers man.

At this moment in time I would never replace Fergie as captain, and to be honest I would never give Cuellar the arm band now or in the future, don't get me wrong King Carlos is great, he already loves the club and the fans and doesn't want to leave but I think he is better filling that no nonsense defensive roll that he does so well rather than trying to get him to control and influence the rest of the players.

In future, within the remit of the current squad I would consider McGregor or if he actually got a regular start Novo for the role of captain.

IMO , Kevin Thomson will be the next captain of Rangers

His attitude is excellent and he is always erncouraging other players

I was saying that to my mate a couple of weeks ago. He's definitely a gers captain in the future (tu)

At this moment in time I would never replace Fergie as captain, and to be honest I would never give Cuellar the arm band now or in the future, don't get me wrong King Carlos is great, he already loves the club and the fans and doesn't want to leave but I think he is better filling that no nonsense defensive roll that he does so well rather than trying to get him to control and influence the rest of the players.

In future, within the remit of the current squad I would consider McGregor or if he actually got a regular start Novo for the role of captain.

IMO , Kevin Thomson will be the next captain of Rangers

His attitude is excellent and he is always erncouraging other players

I was saying that to my mate a couple of weeks ago. He's definitely a gers captain in the future (tu)

Kevin Thomson may be off to the premiership before he gets the chance to captain Rangers

I note a few people have stated Barry has had a poor season but I might be wrong here, I seem to recall saying to myself at the end of the last few seasons since his return "once he gets over that injury he'll be back to his old form next season".

Am I wrong? Has he actually had a good season since returning? I might be wrong there, someone tell me to shut it and stop being negative lol

Barry is our Captain and when on the field he is what we need, someone who is passionate and has the drive to win. He really isn't the player he was before he left Rangers and I would love to see him (if we continue to play the 4-5-1 formation) take up the holding role. Hemdani better be shipped out in the summer and to have Daily on the bench just incase is a good option but that is where Barry should be playing. Thomson is a great midfielder, really proved himself throughout this season. I like Davis alot but only when he plays in a central position so would be nice to see these two in centre midfield.

Barry is the Captain and will stay the Captain, just you wait and see, once he gets over this injury he'll be back to his best next season ^_^

I note a few people have stated Barry has had a poor season but I might be wrong here, I seem to recall saying to myself at the end of the last few seasons since his return "once he gets over that injury he'll be back to his old form next season".

Am I wrong? Has he actually had a good season since returning? I might be wrong there, someone tell me to shut it and stop being negative lol

Barry is our Captain and when on the field he is what we need, someone who is passionate and has the drive to win. He really isn't the player he was before he left Rangers and I would love to see him (if we continue to play the 4-5-1 formation) take up the holding role. Hemdani better be shipped out in the summer and to have Daily on the bench just incase is a good option but that is where Barry should be playing. Thomson is a great midfielder, really proved himself throughout this season. I like Davis alot but only when he plays in a central position so would be nice to see these two in centre midfield.

Barry is the Captain and will stay the Captain, just you wait and see, once he gets over this injury he'll be back to his best next season ^_^

Chewy..totaly agree, Barry IS the captain & must remain so as a Ranger,

I would expect Thomo to be the next Captain