Boyd - He must know himself his time is up

CF5LOYAL

Maybe he didn't put Boyd on before JCD because the last time Boyd played in the league (against Motherwell, again) he had plenty of chances to score, but fluffed them all, including a fresh air shot, I'm pretty sure. I like Boyd, and hope he stays, but he's an incredibly frustrating player.

"Plenty of chances"

You mean the 3 actual shots he had and scored one!!

Boyd cant play as a lone striker simple as! He has been working on it and whoever said that Smith and co gave up on him is absolute shite! Im not going into i know somebodys gran who said that her cousins sister is Smiths cleaner pish but i know for a fact that they are delighted with the work he is putting in both at training and outside of training!

Its as clear as day that he has been improving his all round game, his flick ons and link up play have improved greatly and although he might not be as good at it as other strikers in our team its obvious that that side of his game is improving!

I dont think its a case of Walter doesnt fancy him as every time we play a 4-4-2 he starts!

If we play 4-5-1 next season then Boyds days could be numbered but he wont go anywhere this year!

Walter wants a player who can hold up the ball, and set up chances for the midfield, none of whom could hit a barn door!

Kenny Miller ring a bell?

You've ruined my good mood :craphead:

It is a fucking disgrace if we sell the best goalscorer we have had at the club since Super Ally. No offence to Cousin and JCD, but they just don't compare with Boyd when it comes to killer instinct and getting a goal. We need Boyd. I think Smith will keep him, and with him bringing creative players in in the summer this will help Boyd.

I dont think Boyd will be sold this season. Walter knows the fans would be outraged and rightly so. He hardly gets a game but when he does he often finds the net. More importantly, I think Walter knows Daniel Cousin isnt completely interested with the SPL and doesnt put full effort into the games. Plus, he is a bit of a donkey with the whole head-butting nonsense. If we get Kenny Miller, it will be to replace Cousin... not Boyd.

I said it the other day and I'll say it again... There is no point playing Boyd if we don't play creative midfielders and wingers.

If Smith wanted to keep Boyd he would build his team around him, unfortunately, Smith has build his team around Weir's deficiencies. His lack of pace means we are in real trouble if we hold a very high line, especially in European competition, so we have little choice most of the time, but to sit back and defend.

I think the Lyon game at Ibrox proved that.

If next season Naismith is back to fitness and on form, I think him and Boyd could be a good striking partnership.

been saying that since they had a couple of games coming on together. The brief time we seen them together before x-mas you could see a connection, and I hope they do get together and form a partnership because I rate em both

Maybe he didn't put Boyd on before JCD because the last time Boyd played in the league (against Motherwell, again) he had plenty of chances to score, but fluffed them all, including a fresh air shot, I'm pretty sure. I like Boyd, and hope he stays, but he's an incredibly frustrating player.

At least he had plenty of chances to score. That is the thing. He knows where to get himself to bag goals...period.

Its called a sniper where I come from.

The guy has scored 62 goals in just over 100 games, he scores a cup final hat-trick yet he is still fourth on the pecking order. We are really needing a win yesterday and to win you have to score a goal. Walter turns to the subs and shouts JCD, that must have been the final straw for Boyd.

In the summer Walter will no doubt enter the transfer market for at least one new striker. Boyd surely knows himself that as long as Walter is in charge he won't have a look in, unless there is an injury crisis or we are playing at home in the cup against a lower league team, he just doesn't trust him or believe in him.

I have no doubt there will be a queue of teams from the lower half of the EPL and the top teams of the championship. So how much do you thnk we would recieve if we decided to cash in on him?

I reckon 3-4m (2 years ago about 7m)

No one in their right mind would have valued Boyd at £7 million. He can score goals against most spl teams but his record against teams with any quality is poor. He lacks the pace, strength and movement needed in the premiership and the best we could hope for as a return for him would be if Eck was silly enough to think he could compete in the championship and pay a couple of million.

8 goals for scotland in 13 games - but he can only score against teams with no quality , FFS get a grip

not playing him week in week out in the SPL , will cost us the title on GD

"Plenty of chances"

You mean the 3 actual shots he had and scored one!!

Boyd cant play as a lone striker simple as! He has been working on it and whoever said that Smith and co gave up on him is absolute shite! Im not going into i know somebodys gran who said that her cousins sister is Smiths cleaner pish but i know for a fact that they are delighted with the work he is putting in both at training and outside of training!

Its as clear as day that he has been improving his all round game, his flick ons and link up play have improved greatly and although he might not be as good at it as other strikers in our team its obvious that that side of his game is improving!

I dont think its a case of Walter doesnt fancy him as every time we play a 4-4-2 he starts!

If we play 4-5-1 next season then Boyds days could be numbered but he wont go anywhere this year!

why are we playing 4-5-1 in the SPL

we are collapsing and we can see we need to gamble and score goals

obviously walter is watching another team , the warning signs were the months ago

we need goals and we select Cousin ( 3 goals in his last 16 games , this year ) hardly an inspiring choice IMO

Boyd should heve played , but I think it is too late now anyway

personally I think Rangers are better off rid of Boyd....YES, he can bang in goals.....SO LONG AS they are placed neatly right at his feet(he needs to be spoon fed). He is an opportunist,and has no real skill on the ball at all, not good enough for Rangers. With Walters game style, he has no place in the team (as has ben proven by his lack of playing time)

I say the first offer over £1,000,000 (realistically we will never get close to £2-Mill for him!), we should jump at it!

personally I think Rangers are better off rid of Boyd....YES, he can bang in goals.....SO LONG AS they are placed neatly right at his feet(he needs to be spoon fed). He is an opportunist,and has no real skill on the ball at all, not good enough for Rangers. With Walters game style, he has no place in the team (as has ben proven by his lack of playing time)

I say the first offer over £1,000,000(realistically we will never get close to £2-Mill for him!), we should jump at it!

Are you serious ? doh

I say the first offer over �1,000,000(realistically we will never get close to £2-Mill for him!), we should jump at it!

Are you serious ? doh

serious as cancer......we only paid £400,000 for him....so we'd more than double our money.....and again, IMO, he ain't worth any more than that!

I say the first offer over �1,000,000(realistically we will never get close to £2-Mill for him!), we should jump at it!

Are you serious ? doh

serious as cancer......we only paid £400,000 for him....so we'd more than double our money.....and again, IMO, he ain't worth any more than that!

and cousin is worth £3m

Are you serious ? doh

His goals are showing he`s good enough for us IMO.But you`re right - he has no place in the team with that negative tactics..We need wingers to support him,which it`s not possible,cause we play that McCulloch as winger usually..And Davis isn`t winger...

If next season Naismith is back to fitness and on form, I think him and Boyd could be a good striking partnership.

I think that is the only chance Boyd has of saving his career with us, a successful partnership with Naismith.

Given Boyd's serious inability to master the basics of ball control, coupled with his shit attitude, I can see him getting until maybe the January window to prove himself. If no improvement by then, punt him for whatever we can get.

Are you serious ? doh

and cousin is worth £3m

NO WAY Cousin is worth even half that!!! but, if someone out there is silly enoght to offer us that for him.....obviously take it, and laugh all the way to the bank! Same goes for Boyd, if someone wants to pay £2-mill for him....GREAT!!! I just canne see it happening, thats all.

Are you serious ? doh

boyd isnt good enough? take him out the equation here pal, where would we be with out him? CIS winners? no. in the scottish cup final? no. he got us out the shite agaist parik @ home.

dont tok shite n say hes not good enough, after all hes only been the top scorer for the last 2 seasons and scores 24 in 23 games this season.

Okay I think I have another way to look at things.

Say Boyd was a foreign player we bought 2 1/2 years ago for 400k and scored 60 goals in his 1st two season would we be having this argument? No chance, we would be syaing he is the best thing since sliced bread.

You can't survive in the modern game with a passenger who stands in the middle of the park for 90 minutes, can't control the ball, can't play passes, has no pace and an inability to link up with his teammates. For every one chance Boyd finishes there are at least 10 moves that break down because of his lack of technique/mobility.