barry ferguson

If his finishing was a bit more up to scratch he could have won us the league by getting in several good positions and having a few good chances both last night and previously in the season, not to mention his goal against Motherwell when we were getting nothing. Hes still one of , if not our quickest player and definitely the best in possession of the ball

I think some people may be frustrated that hes not the Fergie of old but hes still comfortably one of our best players, and in the spl

He's not finished. We just need to play him in the defensive midfield position and tell him to stay there and ping out passes. He can't do anything else. He's no Lampard.

(tu) This is the only place he can still be effective, he has great feet and can ping passes all day, stood still if need be!

He needs to realise he can't do the up and down thing any more, so he'd be better off leaving it to the youngsters and sit back and relax. :)

Was that not the role PLG wanted him to play but he wouldnt play to instructions.

No player is bigger than the club. More and more this season I've been feeling like he's giving absolutely nothing to the team, yet his name is the first name on the team sheet. He's the club captain, he's a rangers man, he's spent almost his whole career here, but at the end of the day, he's not bigger than Rangers, and if he's not contributing then that needs to be addressed.

The problem I have is that I know there's a great player in Ferguson, the problem is he only shows up for the occasional game.

He cant play as a defensive mid, hes not got the fitness to run back

There was a moment in the first half where he just let his man run to the back post, didnt look arsed to chase him. If it was Cousin people would be going mental

If hes injured then dont play him

If he was a foreigner then you'd all want him sacked.

Like too many of our players, recieves an unbreakable forcefield of protection because he's a Bluenose.

If we had paid £6,000,000 for another player from Blackburn Rovers, (and on the whole BF has been average since that time), and got the same return, he would have got pelters much earlier.

To be honest, i dont think there is any point in selling him. We will get about £2 million for him if we're lucky and lets face it, you wont get a better player for that kind of money.

However, i think its time that we make steps in the transfer market to drop the whole "Barry must play if he's fit" charade. Ferguson isnt the consistant performer he once was and is very prone to going missing these days. Quite simply, he can't be relied on to be our "main man" week in week out.

Sell him? No. Buy in some direct competition for him and tell him his place isnt guaranteed? Yes!