all this talk about our transfer budget

all the papers are saying that walter will only have a small budget this season,roughly 3-5m.if thats the case then its a feckin joke.we have made 30m easy on europe and the sale of hutton and all murray is giving him is about 10% of it.hope to hell this is jist a publicity stunt to stop teams demanding a lot more money!!!!if its not then were fucked to put it politely,we wont be able to challenge the mhanks next season and it will be 4 in a row :(

quite agree. but last season we rebuilt and much was recouped by the sale of hutton.

murray also announced that the stadium and surrounding area plans would be brought to the public's attention in May but this has not happened.

as far as im concerned the quicker he sells the club the better, but dont expect any less than him to milk it for every penny he can before he gets out.

i knew this would happen, and we'll only spend 3 million net as reported, which given the players we are going to have to sell to generate the rest, is going to leave us up the clyde in a banana boat :angry2:

SDM will be using the bulk of last seasons income to make the accountants a bit happier and you can rest assured the Hutton money has already gone there,

in a nutshell we are going to be left with cheap shite to make a team from and in all honesty i'm resigned to the fact that we wont be seriously challenging for the league next season,

we need long term investment and SDM out, it's the only way we can move forward and gain some meaningfull success.

i knew this would happen, and we'll only spend 3 million net as reported, which given the players we are going to have to sell to generate the rest, is going to leave us up the clyde in a banana boat :angry2:

SDM will be using the bulk of last seasons income to make the accountants a bit happier and you can rest assured the Hutton money has already gone there,

in a nutshell we are going to be left with cheap shite to make a team from and in all honesty i'm resigned to the fact that we wont be seriously challenging for the league next season,

we need long term investment and SDM out, it's the only way we can move forward and gain some meaningfull success.

the club will sell a lot easier if it doesnt have much debt,the money we have made this season will go towards paying that off then he'l walk away while rubbing his hands :2g:

quite agree. but last season we rebuilt and much was recouped by the sale of hutton.

murray also announced that the stadium and surrounding area plans would be brought to the public's attention in May but this has not happened.

as far as im concerned the quicker he sells the club the better, but dont expect any less than him to milk it for every penny he can before he gets out.

couldnt agree more,if u ask me all this talk about the stadium is a lot of pish!!!why would he rebuild the stadium if hes wanting to sell it???

The club will spend more than 5 million easy.

This is just a ploy by Rangers to stop other clubs trying to get more money out of us.

If they said that Walter would have £30 million to spend, clubs would try and get more money out of us by pushing up asking prices when we enquire.

Its the right thing to do.

the club will sell a lot easier if it doesnt have much debt,the money we have made this season will go towards paying that off then he'l walk away while rubbing his hands :2g:

..but the alternative is to spend big and go further into debt. Being in debt is a viscious circle - just like if you buy goods you crave on a credit card... the right balance must be found, but in all honesty playing in the SPL means we will never be able to pay for Class A players... simple as that.

Personally I think it'll be about 7m we spend, but the messages are being given out to manage the expectations of selling agents and us fans (some of which would love to borrow another £20m and 'go for it', which would be financial suicide!)

..but the alternative is to spend big and go further into debt. Being in debt is a viscious circle - just like if you buy goods you crave on a credit card... the right balance must be found, but in all honesty playing in the SPL means we will never be able to pay for Class A players... simple as that.

Personally I think it'll be about 7m we spend, but the messages are being given out to manage the expectations of selling agents and us fans (some of which would love to borrow another £20m and 'go for it', which would be financial suicide!)

we wouldnt need to borrow 20m as we already have it in the bank (tu)

The club will spend more than 5 million easy.

This is just a ploy by Rangers to stop other clubs trying to get more money out of us.

If they said that Walter would have £30 million to spend, clubs would try and get more money out of us by pushing up asking prices when we enquire.

Its the right thing to do.

hope your right anyway,but knowing murray the papers are probarly correct

JESUS CHRIST ! WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS WHINGING AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM, WE SPENT ROUGHLY 12 MILLION LAST YEAR ON QUANTITY AND WERE IN CONTENTION FOR 4 TROPHIES UP TILL THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF THE SEASON, THIS SEASON I WOULD SAY WE WILL PROPABLY SPEND ROUGHLY THE SAME, BUT FOR QUALITY.

AND WHILE WERE AT IT, ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO CALL S.D.M. A MISERABLE BASTARD, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN HE ASKED FOR THE SHARE ISSUE TO HELP WITH THE DEBT ? THE GREAT RANGERS SUPPORT CAME UP WITH THE GRAND TOTAL OF £1 MILLION, AND SIR DAVID HAD TO UNDERWRIGHT THE REST FOR £50 MILLION. AND BEFORE ANYBODY ASKS, I DID PUT IN £500, IT WAS ALL I COULD AFFORD.

Im not sure how much we will be spending, but with the money we made last season sureley we can expect to spend some descent cash for a change, especially if we were to get through to the CL. One thing that does bother me was a couple of years ago we started paying of a £25 million debt over 25 years, I wonder how much of the cash we made this year will be used to wipe it out.

we wouldnt need to borrow 20m as we already have it in the bank (tu)

That depends on how much we wanted to spend...

Wish we did have £20m in the bank... but I doubt it, given a year ago we had slid back to £16.5m in debt... our Euro run was an absolute necessity this year... and given the state of the lending markets worldwide, every business should be shit scared to get heavily indebted.

I reckon £7m will get us some good players and see the books look healthier than they have for years... (tu)

JESUS CHRIST ! WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS WHINGING AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM, WE SPENT ROUGHLY 12 MILLION LAST YEAR ON QUANTITY AND WERE IN CONTENTION FOR 4 TROPHIES UP TILL THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF THE SEASON, THIS SEASON I WOULD SAY WE WILL PROPABLY SPEND ROUGHLY THE SAME, BUT FOR QUALITY.

AND WHILE WERE AT IT, ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO CALL S.D.M. A MISERABLE BASTARD, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN HE ASKED FOR THE SHARE ISSUE TO HELP WITH THE DEBT ? THE GREAT RANGERS SUPPORT CAME UP WITH THE GRAND TOTAL OF £1 MILLION, AND SIR DAVID HAD TO UNDERWRIGHT THE REST FOR £50 MILLION. AND BEFORE ANYBODY ASKS, I DID PUT IN £500, IT WAS ALL I COULD AFFORD.

Stop posting everything in caps lock please (tu)

Kyle Lafferty, Kenny Miller and Shaun Maloney are NOT QUALITY!!!!!

Why should we continue to give our hard earned cash to SDM when a. We dont get anything back b. we dont get a say on things c. he doesnt defend our club and d. continues to sell our best players and brings in dross to replace them

Kyle Lafferty, Kenny Miller and Shaun Maloney are NOT QUALITY!!!!!

Why should we continue to give our hard earned cash to SDM when a. We dont get anything back b. we dont get a say on things c. he doesnt defend our club and d. continues to sell our best players and brings in dross to replace them

(tu)

tell your dad sir david to come on to our board and speak for himself. :)

I dont read or listen to the papers, what the fuck do they know?

However if Rangers do not spend a good amount this summer then questions have to be asked.

I will be gutted if we cant stretch to 12million and that does not include us selling anybody, if we do that should be added on top.

Realistically, we will maybe spend 8 million and that will include any sales and it will be disappointment again. Walter has done a great job of stabilising the team, its now time to push on and add some quality to the side. I feel like we say this every year but next season is huge for our club, 2nd place is not worth thinking about again, sadly though, without real investment it is a distinct possibility based on our current squad.

After all the money from Europe and sale of Hutton and potentially Cousin etc, we should have a healthy budget. Dont see it tho. celtc failed to capatalise after reaching the UEFA Cup final and I think we'll do the exact same.

Time will tell.

The old cliche used in business circles says "you,ve got to speculate to accumulate"

If SDM spent £12m last year and made £30m then that suggests he must spend the same again.

I very much doubt that we will get to a Euro cup final next year. The SPL is the absolute minimum which is acceptable and we will not win that with £3/4m.

After all the money from Europe and sale of Hutton and potentially Cousin etc, we should have a healthy budget. Dont see it tho. celtc failed to capatalise after reaching the UEFA Cup final and I think we'll do the exact same.

Time will tell.

I fear you are right Muff...and it looks like we have just blown the first couple of million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ch-Rangers.html