additional 14 games Gers players were falling to bits

McManus aint the worst of them. Seems a decent lad. He is right in saying our boys were all over the shop and it aint gona get much better cause thr back in pre season in like 3 weeks!!! The turnaround time for them is disgracefully short!!!

I work 5 days a week 7 till 5 and get annual summer holidays with the small crap ones thrown in between and some say these over paid cowboys cannot handle it

If thats the case they are w--kers <_<

Oh and sometimes I have to work weekends to make ends meet <_<

How can you compare your job to theirs? It's not really the same is it? These guys have trained solidly almost every day for the past 11 months with very fews days off and played a total of 74 games including pre-season friendlies. Personally I think after this they deserve a longer break but maybe thats just me!!!

I agree its physically incredibly demanding...I almost died of exhaustion after a parents play the kids fun match for 15 minutes at our football club!!! :craphead: Football players hammer their bodies and have to work incredibly hard to keep peak levels of fitness. Recovery time is needed especially after such a gruelling season

Poor souls my heart aches for them, how stupid of me to think otherwise :rolleyes:

In fact, why not give them more money :rolleyes:

its not what they earn thats the point here its the physical limitations a professional footballer has and when they are reached or over reached they need to rest and recover. I hope there is no hangover into next season for the team after all the exertions. A game like the one we played for example against Bremen away is like 2 SPL games rolled into one due to the exertion involved.

I agree completely. There's only a certain amount you can push the human body before it collapses on itself and no amount of money is going to change it. The life of a physical athlete comes with certain privileges but there is no denying how physically demanding it is.

Why should we need tims to defend our own players ?

Its called building bridges :rolleyes:

Can you give me directions to these bridges and i will happily burn them down ? :rolleyes:

Its been going on for approx 8yrs now have you not noticed, it will take a couple of generations to get there but they will get there in the end they always do

McManus aint the worst of them. Seems a decent lad. He is right in saying our boys were all over the shop and it aint gona get much better cause thr back in pre season in like 3 weeks!!! The turnaround time for them is disgracefully short!!!

I work 5 days a week 7 till 5 and get annual summer holidays with the small crap ones thrown in between and some say these over paid cowboys cannot handle it

How can you compare your job to theirs? It's not really the same is it? These guys have trained solidly almost every day for the past 11 months with very fews days off and played a total of 74 games including pre-season friendlies. Personally I think after this they deserve a longer break but maybe thats just me!!!

Exactly mate. The differences between good and mediocre in modern football is only a few %. I know they get paid thousands, but after a game of football it still takes even a professional athlete a couple of days to recuperate fully. An accumulation of this will lead to tiredness and stresses in the muscles, meaning performances can fade off a few %. It's nothing to do with how much they are paid, it doesn't make their bodies recover any quicker than what is physically possible.

Very few people can honestly tell me if they are having a hard week at work, their performance doesn't drop off a bit. The difference is, if you are working in an office and your not performing 100%, you don't have 50,000 people shouting at you.

'The difference is, if you are working in an office and your not performing 100%, you don't have 50,000 people shouting at you..'... good point :craphead: just ten max :craphead:

Exactly mate. The differences between good and mediocre in modern football is only a few %. I know they get paid thousands, but after a game of football it still takes even a professional athlete a couple of days to recuperate fully. An accumulation of this will lead to tiredness and stresses in the muscles, meaning performances can fade off a few %. It's nothing to do with how much they are paid, it doesn't make their bodies recover any quicker than what is physically possible.

Very few people can honestly tell me if they are having a hard week at work, their performance doesn't drop off a bit. The difference is, if you are working in an office and your not performing 100%, you don't have 50,000 people shouting at you.

Kenny Miller better get used to it :D

I agree its physically incredibly demanding...I almost died of exhaustion after a parents play the kids fun match for 15 minutes at our football club!!! :craphead: Football players hammer their bodies and have to work incredibly hard to keep peak levels of fitness. Recovery time is needed especially after such a gruelling season

Poor souls my heart aches for them, how stupid of me to think otherwise :rolleyes:

Look m8 thr is no need to get smart about. Clearly you have your own opinions and others will have theirs. Obvioulsy you have some sort of chip on your shoulder in relation to what footballers get paid but thats just life, get on with it, everyone else does. You dont need to turn your nose up at other people's opinons just because they disagree with your own, that is the reason why its a forum, everyone can have their say and make their points and thats what makes RM so great!!! :rangers:

And your attack is the most out of order opinion so far

Why dont you keep your mouth shut and let other talk for themselves, Ive noticed in 2 days there is plenty like you on here

M8 there is no need for chat like that. You to be honest are not worth me wasting my time because it seems your opinion is the only one that counts.

Kenny Miller better get used to it :D

I'm sure by now he must be getting used to it.

how cliched is that arguement, i work 6 days a week 12 hours a day blah blah blah and these guys just play a few football matches

sure if they just had to run about fine but they have to succeed against opposition players to be deemed succesful, taking the pitch and running about is the easy part, being able to beat the other team is the trick.

and as for McManus saying those things, i believe that may be an admission that they wouldn't have won were it not for the programme Rangers had

how cliched is that arguement, i work 6 days a week 12 hours a day blah blah blah and these guys just play a few football matches

sure if they just had to run about fine but they have to succeed against opposition players to be deemed succesful, taking the pitch and running about is the easy part, being able to beat the other team is the trick.

and as for McManus saying those things, i believe that may be an admission that they wouldn't have won were it not for the programme Rangers had

yeah I think that too...14 more games played is a heck of a lot given that within those 14 were some tough away Euro games

Look m8 thr is no need to get smart about. Clearly you have your own opinions and others will have theirs. Obvioulsy you have some sort of chip on your shoulder in relation to what footballers get paid but thats just life, get on with it, everyone else does. You dont need to turn your nose up at other people's opinons just because they disagree with your own, that is the reason why its a forum, everyone can have their say and make their points and thats what makes RM so great!!! :rangers:

And your attack is the most out of order opinion so far

Why dont you keep your mouth shut and let other talk for themselves, Ive noticed in 2 days there is plenty like you on here

And thankfully precious few like you

There I spoke for myself as requested

evens

So the Rangers players will be mighty relieved Scotland did not qualify for Euro 08

Professionals nowadays tut tut <_<

The players were involved in the qualifiers they pulled out of a friendly which has nothing to do with Euro 08.

So the Rangers players will be mighty relieved Scotland did not qualify for Euro 08

The players were involved in the qualifiers they pulled out of a friendly which has nothing to do with Euro 08.

You are missing the point, IF we had qualified doh

I'm sure they're all disappointed not to be playing in the tournament this summer and if we were there they would be trying their hardest but doesn't negate the fact that they're tired. No matter how hard you try there's only so much the body can do. Just because they are earning a lot of money it doesn't make them super human. If you push them to hard they'll break down and get injuries and that does nobody any good. You act like it's got something to do with them being prima donnas or babies but you obviously have no concept of what physical exertion is like if you think you can keep going and going endlessly without doing damage to yourself.

I'm sure they're all disappointed not to be playing in the tournament this summer and if we were there they would be trying their hardest but doesn't negate the fact that they're tired. No matter how hard you try there's only so much the body can do. Just because they are earning a lot of money it doesn't make them super human. If you push them to hard they'll break down and get injuries and that does nobody any good. You act like it's got something to do with them being prima donnas or babies but you obviously have no concept of what physical exertion is like if you think you can keep going and going endlessly without doing damage to yourself.

Havent heard on squeak from any of the players who will take part :rolleyes:

McThug won me over in the latter stages of our Euro 2008 qualification. But.. then went back to form breaking that Falkirk lads leg -- not even a card.

But.. there IS a healthy, indeed a very healthy respect between both sides of the OF.. Management and (most) players. The players that have respect are Scots.. Not c*nts like Samaras.

After all... we need each other. We do. ffs what would life be like if they weren't around? We would have to invent them?

Easiest way to look at how hard it is to recuperate from games is by looking at tennis look how much they are complaining now they have to play a lot more, especially with how many players are retiring from matches with injuries or pulling out due to burnout. I love how people can compare their 9-5 to keeping in top physical shape while picking up niggling injuries in almost every game.

i think people who say players should be handling the strain of all these games have no clue as to whats involved in staying in tip top condition and a condition that allows a player to be a first team pick every week, ffs, they'll average 10,000metres running in one game without anything else, so to me, saying you dont have sympathy for them after playing 74 fuckin games in nonsense, regardless of how much they earn as that is just how the football market has evolved recently.

i think people who say players should be handling the strain of all these games have no clue as to whats involved in staying in tip top condition and a condition that allows a player to be a first team pick every week, ffs, they'll average 10,000metres running in one game without anything else, so to me, saying you dont have sympathy for them after playing 74 fuckin games in nonsense, regardless of how much they earn as that is just how the football market has evolved recently.

I used to run 20.000 a week no sweat :craphead: