Stadium Announcement

WATP52

Will this ever happen or was it just more spin by Murray? He said their was going to be an announcement last month. <cr>

I like Ibrox the way it is anyway, but Murray can't get away with continuously lying to the supporters.

Will this ever happen or was it just more spin by Murray? He said their was going to be an announcement last month. <cr>

I like Ibrox the way it is anyway, but Murray can't get away with continuously lying to the supporters.

I think he can and until a supporters group challenge him out-right he'll continue to pull the wool over our eyes.

Our only hope is if a buyer comes in, however the way SDM has miss-handled our affairs it might be a long time before we see the back of him. This shouldn't detract how we approach Murray though? He needs top be accountable and at the moment he isn't.

I don't think increasing the capacity is a good idea at the moment - he should concentrate in investing the money in the team. We have a 5 * stadium and it shouldn't be a priority right now. Also why increase the size of the stadia when at least a third of fans can't even stay and watch a full game? It is embarrassing watching the masses leave - support the team for 90+ mins!

Did you really expect to hear anything?

I did and still do. Even if Murray has to come clean and clear about why it was proposed and why it cannot happen if indeed that turns out to be the case.

I liked the ambition even though the proposals were sketchy and need more meat on the bones. I've been a supporter of Murray many times over the years, but never blindly so and I do hope for his sake and (more importantly) the credibility of our club that this does not turn out to be a smoke and mirror number.

His time is up. He knows it, we know it, but selling the club is seems to be a lot more difficult than any of us would have hoped for.

And that's something I'd really like to hear Murray clarify - why has it proved to be so bloody difficult given the size and worldwide appeal of The Rangers? Which potential buyers would not have been thrilled by the numbers who descended on Manchester so recently? Much as I have admired what Murray has done for us on occasion, I can't shift the suspicion he is looking to substantially line his own pockets and so making the selling price hopelessly unrealistic for potential bidders.

No he didn't.

Yes he did on an interview on setanta (tu)<cr>

as jimenez said the murray babies believe anything he tells them. :)

Has someone stated they believe everything Murray talks of?

yes people believe he was the first man on the moon, thats why he got his name mr moonbeams. :rolleyes:

yes people believe he was the first man on the moon, thats why he got his name mr moonbeams. :rolleyes:

So, no one has actually said it then. You just wish they had.

of course they have, this board has i few who wont hear a word said against him, yet the man is a compulsive liar.

So, no one has actually said it then. You just wish they had.

of course they have, this board has i few who wont hear a word said against him, yet the man is a compulsive liar.

There may be a few sycophants but there are also a few Murray haters, like yourself, who blame him for everything and disbelieve everything he says. As usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle and both extreme views are wrong.

Well it's not me - I think Murray's mistakes are well documented and undeniable. He's been roundly criticised for it too when deserved.

I don't think calling him a compulsive liar is reasonable mind you because he has delivered some notable successes. Having said that - he's the one who's made stupid statements that still haunt him, cast a very poor light on his credibility and worst of all for me: damaged the reputation of the club from time to time.

I still cringe at the fiver/tenner debacle.

Well it's not me - I think Murray's mistakes are well documented and undeniable. He's been roundly criticised for it too when deserved.

I don't think calling him a compulsive liar is reasonable mind you because he has delivered some notable successes. Having said that - he's the one who's made stupid statements that still haunt him, cast a very poor light on his credibility and worst of all for me: damaged the reputation of the club from time to time.

I still cringe at the fiver/tenner debacle.

yes plus he built the new stadium. :rolleyes:

No he didn't.

No, he said there could be an announcement in May.

No he didn't.

yes that the price of petrol was going up.

No he didn't.

yes that the price of petrol was going up.

So Murray is at fault for that too :angry2: the bastard :angry2:

There is an awful lot of things going on after the sub-prime mess and now a credit crunch. I am not surprised that there has been no announcement. This will take TIME to sort out. Maybe they now cannot get the loans required and it a goner. Time will tell.

when will you learn SDM has the press and supporters in his poket n ita got to stop the Man gets stories "leaked" to the press to keep us all happy n quiet fukin fairytales aboot 700 Million pound stadia n all this pish

SDM OUT!