Boyd Staying

Ibroxin83

This is an article from the Sunday Mail not a great paper but if it is true then Happy Days

Exclusive Walter's Message To Boyd After Heart To Heart Talks

WALTER SMITH has told Kris Boyd he wants him to stay at Rangers - and guaranteed the striker a major role in his new-look side.

Boyd is being chased by Championship outfit Cardiff who are expected to increase the s2.5million offer they had rejected on Friday night.

The Scotland star does not want to leave Ibrox despite the arrival of three new hitmen and feels he can help Gers win the SPL and make an impact in the Champions League next season.

Boss Smith shares that view and held a heart-to-heart with the player to assure him he will be a key man. The Gers gaffer knows Boyd guarantees at least 25 goals a season and won't authorise his sale.

A source close to Boyd told MailSport: "Kris thought he may have to leave but has been assured he is in the manager's plans and is delighted because quitting Rangers is the last thing he wants.

"Kris can now focus on helping Rangers and improving his own game.

"The past few days have been unsettling but he now knows the situation and is happy the gaffer wants him."

It is more likely Daniel Cousin will be offloaded for around s2.5million and Jean-Claude Darcheville may also be heading for the exit.

Rangers have spent more than s6m in the past week to land Kenny Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty.

But rather than being surplus to requirements, Boyd will be given the chance to partner Miller up front, particularly in home games.

Darcheville's future is now in real doubt yet he insists he'll still be at Ibrox next term to fight for a starting slot.

The Frenchman said: "The fact Rangers have signed three strikers doesn't worry me - it excites me.

"If we can strengthen all positions we'll have a strong squad and at a big club you need competition for places.

"I love Rangers and am settled here. I don't want to leave."

Meanwhile, Gers have snubbed three SPL clubs who want Alan Gow - despite trying to flog him to Burnley as part of the Lafferty deal.

Dundee United, Motherwell and Aberdeen have all made enquiries but Ibrox chiefs would rather sell the 25-year-old to England.

Gow will return for preseason training on Thursday but his future lies away from Ibrox and several Championship clubs could move in.

great news

i think the guy deserves to be a Ranger player next season

many others would have demanded a transfer

if they were treated like Kris last season

but like mcgregor, he has chose to stay

and hopefully like mcgregor he will be number 1 in his position

this season

good luck Kris Boyd

:unionflag: bring the flag home

A big pinch of salt needs to be taken; remember Walter saying that now Buffel was fit he would get his opportunity to stake his claim for a place in the team, that was last November.

I still think that anyone not signed by Walter could be moved on.

Boyd will be given the chance to partner Miller up front

So where does that leave our £3.5m striker, Kyle Lafferty?

Out wide left? Walter Smith better not even think about playing him out there.

I think he should partner Lafferty .. a wouldn't like to see a 3.5 millions player sitting on the bench for a player who aldo played for the other half of the old firm. Its shocking if he doesnt start

Im sorry to say that I think Lafferty will be a bit part player for the first season at least, I think Smith sees him as having potential, not ready for regular first team football?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think those were the views of Lawrie Sanchez.

Let's hope he does come good at that price.

Khenny Miller out on the right?

He has no skill, his touch is awful and can't hit the bye-line and cross a ball. I'd also question his ability to beat a man.

He's shite upfront aswell, I dont know why we signed this clown?

Khenny Miller out on the right?

He has no skill, his touch is awful and can't hit the bye-line and cross a ball. I'd also question his ability to beat a man.

He's shite upfront aswell, I dont know why we signed this clown?

Only Walter knows, I do think Boyd and Velicka could be the most productive partnership up front though, fuck knows where miller would play?

really?

I think If they get good service from the midfield, and especially if we get good width in the side they would be good together.

Velicka's strong enough to win headers and work well with boyd IMO.