How fickle are you Gers fans?

We're fickle because football is based almost 99% on pure passion.

There's no rational logic behind love for a team - and trying to be 'reasonable' about it all is a contradiction in terms.

Fickle goes with the territory.

Nonsense. I'm not fickle & i could say the same for plenty others.

Its the fickle ones who are a cringeworthy embarrasment imo.

Then me and docspiderman believe in nonsense. Que sera sera.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a Gers fan for more years than I care to remember -- through thick and thin. We've had bad and good; pathetic and ecstatic -- but the Rangers will always be the Rangers.

Actually, I don't post often here, but I am shocked about all this negative drivel about Walter Smith. How fickle are some of our Gers fans? What do you want and what do you expect? My God -- two cups, UEFA cup final, and pipped on the last day for the title. Come on lads, give the man a break. He has given us new pride after that idiot PLG. There are too many armchair football bosses on RM, but Walter is a real one and Rangers through and through!

Wake up you lot, get behind the man, and show us that your true Rangers supporters.

Said in peace, from Shanghai. :unionflag:

SMITH OUT SMITH OUT SMITH OUT!!! DICK IN DICK IN DICK IN!!! :rangers:

I'd take Dick in a faster time than a chance at a five star michelin meal! :lol:

I have been a Gers fan for more years than I care to remember -- through thick and thin. We've had bad and good; pathetic and ecstatic -- but the Rangers will always be the Rangers.

Actually, I don't post often here, but I am shocked about all this negative drivel about Walter Smith. How fickle are some of our Gers fans? What do you want and what do you expect? My God -- two cups, UEFA cup final, and pipped on the last day for the title. Come on lads, give the man a break. He has given us new pride after that idiot PLG. There are too many armchair football bosses on RM, but Walter is a real one and Rangers through and through!

Wake up you lot, get behind the man, and show us that your true Rangers supporters.

I'd take Dick in a faster time than a chance at a five star michelin meal! :lol:

had to watch how i read that :rolleyes:

doh doh doh

Freudian slip? :craphead:

This is why I always refer to him as Advocaat. (tu)

Phrases such as, "I like Advocaat.", "I want Advocaat." and "We need Advocaat." are all much safer in our drink orientated bravado, where you'd rather be an alcy than a poof.

You have a dislike for Scotland's drinking culture.

Can I be 1st to label you a poove :harhar:

This is why I always refer to him as Advocaat. (tu)

Phrases such as, "I like Advocaat.", "I want Advocaat." and "We need Advocaat." are all much safer in our drink orientated bravado, where you'd rather be an alcy than a poof.

(tu) Cheers Oleg. Advice noted.

well said , hear hear

Watty AND Big Eck gave the gers some pride back

ihave been a gers fan all my life, i am 52 yrs old, my first memory of the gers is an old vinyl recording of gers songs

getting back to Watty and Eck they had no budget to speak of

third division teams in England get more than they got and did not win anything like the

prestigious titles, cups, and euro runs that the gers achieved in those years.

Some gers fans have the temerity to denigrate Mr Murray?

do they not remember the previous regime to his.? do they even know the previous regime to his.?

Mr Murray has given every manager during his tenure a budget to spend on players, when and if required.

maybe some fans should look up the word BUDGET.!!!!!!!!!

any way my rants over :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: till i die

...i have seen managers come and go and Walter is second only to big Jock in my opinion..

Do you mean as your favourite or from ability as a manager point of view?

Favourite!!

Ability as a manager,everyone has their own attributes and failings but Big Jock was the manager i grew up with in th 70's and won 2 trebles when it was alot harder to do so.

Jock is my favourite as well. Followed by WW (gave me my first trophy as a fan), and Souness (that was a most exciting time for the club after years in the doldrums). I suppose it's all down to age.

Everyone has to realise that WS came into the managers job with a depleted, hopeless team and has turned it into a winning team( maybe not the most exciting ) but winning all the same and what we should now expect is to build on what he has acheived. Rangers defence last season was awesome IMO and he should do his best to keep a hold of that record and build on gettin players to finish off teams and play exciting football i.e strikers, wingers and midfield creative force!

I for one think Watty has done a tremendous job with what he was given and hope he continues to do wonders with the team!! :rangers:

Everyone has to realise that WS came into the managers job with a depleted, hopeless team and has turned it into a winning team( maybe not the most exciting ) but winning all the same and what we should now expect is to build on what he has acheived. Rangers defence last season was awesome IMO and he should do his best to keep a hold of that record and build on gettin players to finish off teams and play exciting football i.e strikers, wingers and midfield creative force!

I for one think Watty has done a tremendous job with what he was given and hope he continues to do wonders with the team!! :rangers:

Spot on! (tu)

Hindsights a great thing but a few weeks before the end of the season we were all quite content.

Im pretty confident Walter will field a team next season which will take us a step further.

I 2nd that fellow Cuellar :D lol

Surely 3rd, given the genuine.

I was going to Rangers games for about a decade before we won the league, this is not a barren spell.

And despite the disappointments, I think I enjoyed last season more that almost any (92/93) would be a possible exception.

OK the football was poor, but getting to a Euro Final was special.

But I am concerned for our future.

Minty took over a successful Club that was financially sound, followed through and we had great days, but we ran out of steam.

Since NIAR we have been headed towards being a basket case.

I was going to Rangers games for about a decade before we won the league, this is not a barren spell.

And despite the disappointments, I think I enjoyed last season more that almost any (92/93) would be a possible exception.

OK the football was poor, but getting to a Euro Final was special.

But I am concerned for our future.

Minty took over a successful Club that was financially sound, followed through and we had great days, but we ran out of steam.

Since NIAR we have been headed towards being a basket case.

[/quote

there was a post not that long ago about rangers fans who go the game and fans on here this guy who started this topic is the man who goes to the game like me and many others we need these guys on here not the the moaners and the mr negatives bring on next season I have faith and trust walter to deliver us the league atleast i will support him anyways and encourage all at RFC

WATP :rangers:

great post mate dont stay away please i beg you.

I agree with you Shanghaitrueblue! I support my team through and through, no matter what. I may not agree with the management / players, etc, but I don't get paid the wages to voice these opinions so loudly.

I may have a small discussion regarding matters I may not like, but it is so I can hear the opinions of others and for me to see the points I have missed.

Only once have I thought that I have been in absolute disagreement with my team, but I was obviously in agreement when they sacked that wankbag PLG mid season. It is the only time that I could not have believed what was happening to my team. Don't get me wrong, I didn't disagree with PLG before the first quarter of the season as everyone needs a chance, but it is the one time through a season that I have thought "What in hells fire is going on here"!

Loyal through and through, no matter what the choices are.

Final note: I am very wary of Miller being back, but hope to be proved wrong!

thought we did well last season considering the shambles we were in the season before. the reason we lost was due to our inability to win away from home. only 1 win against the top 6 away from Ibrox just isn't good enough. WS should take some of the blame but no1 can tell me we shouldn't be beating teams like motherwell, hibs and dundee utd away from home.

some of our failings came down to tiredness but a lot of it was down to players who hadn't been over the course before and hadn't won a championship. great example motherwell at fir park they scored n we basically shat ourselves n started playin high ball pish when we passed them off the park in the 1st half.

disapointed to lose the league they way but if someone had said 2 me at the start of the season 2 trophies and a european final i would have been happy wae that.

WATP

I was the same...my old man used to jokingly call me 'Johnah' as we hadn't won the league since I became a fan. :)