S Smith

nvager

it is a huge season for him

i was dissapointed in him saying that if he did not get his place back he would move to another club , we have just paid him for 18 months for doing nothing

loyalty is a thing of the past

i was dissapointed in him saying that if he did not get his place back he would move to another club , we have just paid him for 18 months for doing nothing

I think that's grossly unfair.

He was injured for most of it, and you know as well as me how hard it is for a young player to break into 'Watties Favourite XI'.

He was injured for most of it, and you know as well as me how hard it is for a young player to break into 'Watties Favourite XI'.

why unfair

he is stating he will leave if he does not get a game

it looks like an ultimatum to the club , play me or I will go

I just want our players to have a bit of loyalty to the club , that is all

i agree regarding young players and WS , he does not play them often in his teams

I am very much against players being played out of position but I would give him a run at left midfield which I think he is far more suited to play.

His positioning, anticipation and stature are not good enough to play left back at a high level, in my opinion, whereas I think his control,balance, aggression and delivery are miles superior to Whittaker and McCulloch who played there last season.

why unfair

he is stating he will leave if he does not get a game

it looks like an ultimatum to the club , play me or I will go

I just want our players to have a bit of loyalty to the club , that is all

i agree regarding young players and WS , he does not play them often in his teams

There's loyalty, and there's wasting your career at a club where the manager won't drop his favoured players regardless of form.

Guest therabbitt

Im not sure about the quotes attrubuted to Smith regaring the 'play me or I'm off' stance. I think that what he said was that he wants to stay here and fight for his place, should he lose that fight, then when his contract is up it would make sense for him to get playing again. He has missed a lot of his formative years injured or not playing. He's very right that games are exactly what he needs at his age if he is to have any kind of career