5 people banned from Scottish Football grounds from their arrest in Manchester

Boab

Five people arrested following the disturbances which marred the Uefa Cup final in Manchester have been banned from all Scottish football grounds, Strathclyde Police said yesterday. The Football Banning Orders last for at least three years. The individuals involved were arrested by officers from Greater Manchester Police on Wednesday, 14 May following incidents during the match between Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg.

Hundreds of Rangers fans went on the rampage when a big screen showing the match in the city's Piccadilly Gardens failed to work just before kick-off.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Kaunas-Eur...than.4327751.jp

Whats the point in banning them? They probably won't even go to any football matches in the first place.

What are their names again?

Might check to see if they have bebo or facebook...

I was there and I didnt go on the rampage, I got away from it, dragging bluebens sister with me. It was confusion and drink to blame, plus I still maintain the core of the trouble came from fans from English clubs hell-bent on fighting :angry2:

I was there and I didnt go on the rampage, I got away from it, dragging bluebens sister with me. It was confusion and drink to blame, plus I still maintain the core of the trouble came from fans from English clubs hell-bent on fighting :angry2:

Hero or REAP? ;)

Hero or REAP? ;)

We got well away, the Police ran right past us, so we got away, down the road from Piccadilly Gardens and just managed to get into a pub to watch the game before they locked the doors.

I thought SDM said they would be getting life bans?

Like someone said, most were English fans looking for a riot, i saw it for myself, i didnt like the way they said it was hundreds of Rangers fans in that article................if only Rangers investigated this properly, no point in listening to what the Greater Manchester Police say, they were full of shit

Personally i'd have banned the fuckers for life.

I noticed on FF that two of the 5 are supposed to be Dhims...................is there any truth in that?

I have heard this rumour too.

I fully agree with this.

Personally i'd have banned the fuckers for life.

I noticed on FF that two of the 5 are supposed to be Dhims...................is there any truth in that?

One guy jailed was called Sean Mullen as far as i remember and there was an O'Connell there too so a couple of beggars for definite.

We have alot of thugs who support us too guys,don't think for a minute we haven't.

Banning someone from going to the games is near impossible.