Charlie Adam

blueben_d

Seems to get a lot of pelters on here.

He may not be perfect but he is a goal scoring midfielder something we have been crying out for for years.

Cut the guy some slack, Albertz was a lazy barsteward but he is a hero thanks to the important goals and passes he made.

It seems foreign players get a lot more support from the crowd while scots get abuse for no real reason.

If we didnt have adam where would the goals come from in midfield?

I completely agree with you on this.

Adam is a solid player without being spectacular, that said if a foreign player had knocked it in from 40 yards like he did last week everybody would have been raving about it- hardly heard a wisper on here.

Adam is one of the few bright lights of the PLG ere

It's always easier for some to back disinterested non-Scots than the younger bright lights in our team.

Adam is hardly the world's best player but he's done pretty well this season on the left and has contributed a lot by scoring a few important goals. Need to improve his overall fitness and decision-making and if he can do that then he could become a decent player in the longer term.

when asked yesterday after the game about his goal tally he replied ''I want more''

so he wants to score goals, as does CB,FS,BF,NN,KB,AH, and yesterday it looked like everyone wanted a goal, which may be problem in itself as witnessed no passes in and around the box the players wanted the glory for themselves.

as for CA hes good player and if we get someone else in for competition for his place then he will only get better

as for CA hes good player and if we get someone else in for competition for his place then he will only get better

agreed, maybe some competition could sharpen him up a bit (tu)

Its good that players want goals, but they have to think of the team first and foremost

Absolute Pish! Believe me i would love the scots boys to be brilliant,but as i said last week,they are not rangers quality.Charlie has a smashing shot,but sometimes his distribution is awful, in particular in europe now at the business end of the tournie,we'll get slaughtered by better teams on the break when we give it away.Also I think we need a horrible swine (a la Keane) in the middle to back fergie. Half of the reason i think he doesn't break forward so much as he used to is the fact he knows what is behind him if we lose it. fear factor is rife in our team,and it's nothing to do with the support getting on their backs.Some just aren't good enough

Absolute Pish! Believe me i would love the scots boys to be brilliant,but as i said last week,they are not rangers quality.Charlie has a smashing shot,but sometimes his distribution is awful, in particular in europe now at the business end of the tournie,we'll get slaughtered by better teams on the break when we give it away.Also I think we need a horrible swine (a la Keane) in the middle to back fergie. Half of the reason i think he doesn't break forward so much as he used to is the fact he knows what is behind him if we lose it. fear factor is rife in our team,and it's nothing to do with the support getting on their backs.Some just aren't good enough

Agreed, good post (tu)

I think Hemdani is a good, intelligent, neat and tidy player. But in the long term, we need someone more willing to do the dirty work off the ball.

Agree with the rest of your points also.

Adam is a decent player, he is not good enough to be playing week in, week out. We need a pacey, tricky winger.

Agreed he plays well for 45-60 mins and then he fades out the game classic example yesterday played well for about 60mins then faded out the game he needs competition and when he does get competition then we mite see the best of him

Seems to get a lot of pelters on here.

He may not be perfect but he is a goal scoring midfielder something we have been crying out for for years.

Cut the guy some slack, Albertz was a lazy barsteward but he is a hero thanks to the important goals and passes he made.

It seems foreign players get a lot more support from the crowd while scots get abuse for no real reason.

If we didnt have adam where would the goals come from in midfield?

I think he is a good player that will adjust well for us. He is young but I can see him maturing.

I don't want him in that area of the pitch simply because he is not a left winger. he is a central midfielder playing out of position. That along with the fact that he scores goals does not cover up the fact that he is quite unfit and tires after 55-60 minutes. We need players who are fit enough to battle for the full 90 minutes. Lots of people stick up for Adam because he has a hard shot and is left footed, people think he is like Albertz but he isn't and never will be.

I still think our team needs a dynamic midfielder who can go box to box and snap into tackles. The SPL is played at 100 miles an hour and although Ferguson and Hemdani are good players they play the game at their pace which is more suited to Europe.A winger who can run at the defence for 90 minutes would also improve us too.

I think what we all need to remember is that before this season, Adam was nowhere near the first team never mind a regular in the starting XI.

This is his forst proper season as a top rangers player and he needs to be able to have some off games as well. I dont think he is playing in his favoured/best position but i do think that it is the only place he would get a game (not ahead of Hemdani/Clement/Ferguson) and we dont have any other people to play on the left wing. IMO he is just filling out there or he should be because he is not a winger and cannot run by players, mabye he could be a winger if he lost some weight but that remains to be seen.

agreed, maybe some competition could sharpen him up a bit (tu)

Its good that players want goals, but they have to think of the team first and foremost

Maybe a strict diet and given 100% all the time would be better than competition.

If he gives 100% and is knackered after 60-70 mins, I would be a lot happier than him walking about and not trying in parts of the game and lasting 90 mins.

Thats why we have substitutes, Give your all at all times.

ben, its a bit like Davie Cooper, my Rangers hero. He would have the odd poor/quiet game, get stick fot it, but always came back with a brilliant performance.

No player plays well all of the time.

I like Adam, he has potential.