wedding is off

True_Blue_Gal

Its a nightmare , ended up walking out yesterday after yet another argument regarding what service to have , cause the other half is catholic and i am church of scotland.? Nightmare .? We are both happy and are still getting married but not this year anyway

that's the same as me and the other half - though he wasn't bothered where we got married and his parents wouldn't dared have told me what to do - we got married in church (church of Scotland) - what WE wanted and have been happily married for 17yrs past last September.

one compromise could be to have your ceremony in the church of Scotland and have a priest give a blessing too - or vice versa - know lots of people who have had both minister and priest at the wedding service regardless of where it's held

glad you are both happy - just tell everyone else to get lost :P

Thats good , Kenny walked out with me Mrs M and felt so glad he did cause thought it was his mum and said to him i need to go and he came with me and supported me and we walked home and talked about it and he agrees that we should do it our way

clappiez good cause you both are lovely ppl <kizz>

His mum said she wasn't coming if we were doing it our way and i said to her that she was making him chosse and that wasn't fair so we both walked out , my brother said that if we stand down now when we have kids it will get worse so we decided to take a stance

yes you have to put her in her place hes right

Thanks everyone , felt so bad yesterday about it but so glad now , sometimes i wish my mum was here , she would know what to do hee hee .? Looking to book a wee holiday now for the summer hee hee , can't wait

Good for you. I hope it works out for you both. :)

Thanks mate , how are you? Nice weekend?

I'm good thanks. Had a quiet weekend and this is the freshest Ive felt on a Monday for months.

Wasnt really out much apart from a few hours in the pub on Saturday afternoon watching Chelski get their arses felt.

How about u?

Had a good weekend thanks, just chilling today before work tonight, i am nightshift

hey huni, just getting a chance to read all this!

sorry to hear bout it but you seem very happy with your man and there's no way anyone should come between that!

i think everyone else has already said anything i would so here's a hug <kizz>

oh and i think hawaii sounds good, can i come :lol:

sorry to hear bout it but you seem very happy with your man and there's no way anyone should come between that!

i think everyone else has already said anything i would so here's a hug <kizz>

oh and i think hawaii sounds good, can i come :lol:

Thanks Mrs B and ZJ , its been a nightmare up to this constant snidy remarks from his side and had enough and yesterday was the last straw , she even had a cheek after we walked out to phone and suggest yet another service that SHE wanted after we walked out

i think everyone else has already said anything i would so here's a hug  <kizz>

oh and i think hawaii sounds good, can i come  :lol:

Thanks Mrs B and ZJ , its been a nightmare up to this constant snidy remarks from his side and had enough and yesterday was the last straw , she even had a cheek after we walked out to phone and suggest yet another service that SHE wanted after we walked out

poke her in the eye!!! thats always a solution :lol:

i think everyone else has already said anything i would so here's a hug? <kizz>

oh and i think hawaii sounds good, can i come? :lol:

poke her in the eye!!! thats always a solution :lol:

Grrrrrr i know he ehee

sorry to hear this glad you both ok.

Its just a bit o paper anyway.

All that saving and all you are really doing is paying for folks dinner and providing a band and a buffet and a Fekin bus for some of them.

What do you get in return a fekin toaster and enough towels to dry everyone in Ibrox on a game day.

Go abroad and do it just get someone to organise a reception when you get back less stress but you still get gifts (tu) .

this message will be removed soon in fear of my Wife reading it ;)

Like AirdrieBear, I did think the worst when I saw the subject line so I'm very pleased to see that its only the ceremony and not the relationship that is off. (tu)

There is no substitute for doing things your way on the biggest day of your life. In the end, even if people are well intentioned, you are the one who will have to live with the decision so you have to be the one making it too.

As I said before though when this topic came up, if you are calling the shots you have to be carrying the can too. Sounds like you and your partner have been saving and planning for this yourself so this doesn't apply though....

Thanks everyone for the lovely messages , think now i will be an oddball in his family but don't care , kenny said all he wants is for me and him to be married and be together and me too so glad thats he is so understanding . We are already planning a holiday for the summer and enjoying oursleves with the money we have saved hee hee