Sorry about the Negative News folks but we have More Bad News!

contacts

the point im tryin to make is that we DONT know him,hes just a regular member who posts "rumours" and thats exactly what they are,the way its going is this:

contacts says: david murray is purchasing real madrid at a cost of 1 million

average member says: thats pish

contacts supporters say: but hes for real,he doesnt need to explain himself,he doesnt need proof

well im sorry but its still unsubstanciated rumours (tu) its our choice wether we believe him or not,so when some of us choose not to or ask for sources we dont need this little mob coming out with "hes for real" "its the truth",until he posts the sources or links to these rumours then thats all they are :)

Its up to you whether you believe him or not, all im vouching for is his 'contacts' as it were.

What happened in the days before the internet, how did you provide a link then? :D

Until you see a player out the door or signing then it is always just a rumor, but if you have influential contacts then the chances are the rumor is going to be more real than hearing it from a man in the pub - thats the point mate.

:)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right well he has to prove his sources like anyone else does then eh

or do we just trust blind faith that a couple of yous said hes koshur?

I love the old 'name your source stuff'. Let us not get into any arguments and there is no need for people to be aggressive. Anyone who knows me from FF will back me up but I'll happily bide my time and earn my stripes on RM.

No one can name their sources as basically that will be the last time you will receive information from the folks involved. Please also remember that the players lie to the papers and make deals with the media to start stories that are false but maybe help the player get a new contract etc. It is all a game that should not be taken too seriously.

As for any criticism of me then folks can keep it coming as it does not bother me. The truth is out there folks but sometimes it depends on what version of the truth that you want to believe. :beer2:

Do us a favour pal, fish out some feelgood news, by fuck we need it.

Novo is a legend, scored some crucial goals for us and none of us will ever forget how we jumped and hit the ceiling when the wee man scored that winning penalty against Fiorentina. Now, lets be honest here, he loves the club and his work rate is second to none but he's certainly not the best technically skilled player in the world and he's not getting any younger. Lets face it we do have far too many strikers, whilst we want to get rid of JCD.... who the hell is going take him, he can only play 45mins max and is on a rather hefty salary, no club in their right mind would want to sign him, he'll run the end of his contract and probably retire. Cousin, again we want rid of him but every club knows he doesnt particularly want to stay at Rangers and he's not really in future plans, they want to get him on the cheap if at all, yet we'll put a valuation on him at, at least the price we paid. Therefore him leaving also looks doubtful. That leaves Boyd, Velicka, Novo, Miller. He's not going to sell the players he's just bought so thats Velicka and Miller safe which leaves Boyd and Novo. Now Boyd as Walter has said many times he wants to keep hold off, if a big money offer did come in I suspect he would be sold, HOWEVER, I dont see a big money offer coming in at the valuation we'll have on him so though... I may be wrong on this one but I dont see Boyd leaving this summer either.

That leaves suprise suprise..... Novo. He can play on the RM, but I think (infact I pray) that Walter will sign a RM before the summer is over as that as where we are most lacking (in my view), so he wont have a place in the team their, he wont be in the starting 2/3 as he'll be wayy own the pecking order in strikers but may be used as a super sub from time to time, but this kind of of player is at Walters disposal and if a money offer was to come in from a championship side or even the likes of Hull I cant see Walter rejecting it.

I dont believe that Novo wants to leave the club, he loves Rangers and its completly evident that he does, if he is on a low salary (in comparison) Murray isn't likely to give him a pay rise given the current situation and if another club dangled the carrot... lets be honest the wee man would be crazy not to take it, and I certainly wouldnt resent him for it ether.

Novo as I said at the beginning is already a legend of the club, but if he leaves this season then he'll be remembered as a legend of the club, as if he stays not playing matches and getting more pissed off then he'll fade away and be moved on in a free transfer and long forgotten. MAYBE it is time for the wee man to move onfor his own benefit mostly, and maybe Walter should think about the whole being remembered as a legend and move on as well...

At last some one who can see things for what they are.

the point im tryin to make is that we DONT know him,hes just a regular member who posts "rumours" and thats exactly what they are,the way its going is this:

contacts supporters say: but hes for real,he doesnt need to explain himself,he doesnt need proof

well im sorry but its still unsubstanciated rumours (tu) its our choice wether we believe him or not,so when some of us choose not to or ask for sources we dont need this little mob coming out with "hes for real" "its the truth",until he posts the sources or links to these rumours then thats all they are :)

Its up to you whether you believe him or not, all im vouching for is his 'contacts' as it were.

What happened in the days before the internet, how did you provide a link then? :D

Until you see a player out the door or signing then it is always just a rumor, but if you have influential contacts then the chances are the rumor is going to be more real than hearing it from a man in the pub - thats the point mate.

so some insight into what the guy actually does would be good,or how he has contacts with the players/staff

anything to make him sound a little more believable to the average member who has no clue who he is.

so some insight into what the guy actually does would be good,or how he has contacts with the players/staff

anything to make him sound a little more believable to the average member who has no clue who he is.

I cant give out information like that, everyone has a right to confidentiality on the forum mate.

I have nothing to gain by lying to you, you can either take my word for it or not.

I can see where this would come from but im not going to believe this or the Boyd story as there is no solid source.

No offence mate but what do you expect from me? Do you really think I should name the people who have told me this just so that some people will believe me? I think my record on other boards (which I no longer entertain) speaks for itself. I don't start threads based on rumours but at the same time not everything comes true.

Anyway I am just a Rangers fan like everyone else and as stated this might not come to fruition but this is the way it is at the moment.

Thats absolutely fair comment contacts (tu)

Why do people have to have a "link" or a "source" nowadays? Does the fuckin internet dictate how we should accept or interpret information?

Some people do have contacts or connections to players where word of mouth (like in the old days) was an accepted way of relaying information.

Granted, not all info will turn out to be correct. Some of it will though.

Because there are lots and lots of bullshiters out there , You can be anyone on the internet. Its good to have a source or link to back it up.

I'll believe fuck all untill it happens (tu).

smif, shut up and wise up. contacts, I assure you is probably the most reliable source of information on Rangersmedia.

I thought you had more respect for fellow members Coop. I was only stating my opinion and i am entitled to it, being told to " shut up " as soon as i said it was the last thing i was expecting on RM , especially from you. You may know who contacts is , but i don't and i don't have to believe anything he says. There are too many bullshiters out there and i choose to believe nothing i read on forums untill it has offically happened.

I have never read anything of his he has posted on other forums , but judging by the sutff he has posted on here there has been no evidence at all that he is a reliable source. (tu)

right well he has to prove his sources like anyone else does then eh

or do we just trust blind faith that a couple of yous said hes koshur?

I love the old 'name your source stuff'. Let us not get into any arguments and there is no need for people to be aggressive. Anyone who knows me from FF will back me up but I'll happily bide my time and earn my stripes on RM.

No one can name their sources as basically that will be the last time you will receive information from the folks involved. Please also remember that the players lie to the papers and make deals with the media to start stories that are false but maybe help the player get a new contract etc. It is all a game that should not be taken too seriously.

As for any criticism of me then folks can keep it coming as it does not bother me. The truth is out there folks but sometimes it depends on what version of the truth that you want to believe. :beer2:

Do us a favour pal, fish out some feelgood news, by fuck we need it.

Believe me mate I want some good news as much as the next guy. At Fridays meeting they did say Walter wanted to buy 2 midfielders so that would be a positive.

The problem Walter has is he is trying to buy British and that means inflated transfer fees and salary. I believe the club agreed a deal to buy James Beattie ealier in the season but he wanted £50k per week wages. Bonkers money that we cannot afford!

I can see where this would come from but im not going to believe this or the Boyd story as there is no solid source.

No offence mate but what do you expect from me? Do you really think I should name the people who have told me this just so that some people will believe me? I think my record on other boards (which I no longer entertain) speaks for itself. I don't start threads based on rumours but at the same time not everything comes true.

Anyway I am just a Rangers fan like everyone else and as stated this might not come to fruition but this is the way it is at the moment.

Why do people have to have a "link" or a "source" nowadays? Does the fuckin internet dictate how we should accept or interpret information?

Some people do have contacts or connections to players where word of mouth (like in the old days) was an accepted way of relaying information.

Because there are lots and lots of bullshiters out there , You can be anyone on the internet. Its good to have a source or link to back it up.

smif, shut up and wise up. contacts, I assure you is probably the most reliable source of information on Rangersmedia.

I think that's an awful tone to adopt and a pathetic way for a Moderator to converse with a member of the boards. Smif is just stating the obvious here that contacts could be anyone posting rumours to disrupt the harmony of the support.

Why does he post only negative stories? Surely if he is as close to players or "contacts" within Ibrox then he would have at least one positive story to bring to us?

I'm not saying that contacts is at the wind up here but I'm saying everyone reserves the right to have their own opinion on what someone posts... especially so when someone posts negative unsubstantiated rumours day after day.

I just want to correct you on one wee thing mate. Over the years most of my posts have been positive. I cannot help it if the news at the moment is more negative than positive as I only let you know what is going on.

I've already said that there is a confidence that we will sign Davies but I have no concrete info on this so I did not post it as a seperate thread.

Not on this board it hasn't. Perhaps you should stop living on past glories as the inside info king of Ibrox on Follow Follow.... and prove yourself on this board.

Novo is a legend, scored some crucial goals for us and none of us will ever forget how we jumped and hit the ceiling when the wee man scored that winning penalty against Fiorentina. Now, lets be honest here, he loves the club and his work rate is second to none but he's certainly not the best technically skilled player in the world and he's not getting any younger. Lets face it we do have far too many strikers, whilst we want to get rid of JCD.... who the hell is going take him, he can only play 45mins max and is on a rather hefty salary, no club in their right mind would want to sign him, he'll run the end of his contract and probably retire. Cousin, again we want rid of him but every club knows he doesnt particularly want to stay at Rangers and he's not really in future plans, they want to get him on the cheap if at all, yet we'll put a valuation on him at, at least the price we paid. Therefore him leaving also looks doubtful. That leaves Boyd, Velicka, Novo, Miller. He's not going to sell the players he's just bought so thats Velicka and Miller safe which leaves Boyd and Novo. Now Boyd as Walter has said many times he wants to keep hold off, if a big money offer did come in I suspect he would be sold, HOWEVER, I dont see a big money offer coming in at the valuation we'll have on him so though... I may be wrong on this one but I dont see Boyd leaving this summer either.

That leaves suprise suprise..... Novo. He can play on the RM, but I think (infact I pray) that Walter will sign a RM before the summer is over as that as where we are most lacking (in my view), so he wont have a place in the team their, he wont be in the starting 2/3 as he'll be wayy own the pecking order in strikers but may be used as a super sub from time to time, but this kind of of player is at Walters disposal and if a money offer was to come in from a championship side or even the likes of Hull I cant see Walter rejecting it.

I dont believe that Novo wants to leave the club, he loves Rangers and its completly evident that he does, if he is on a low salary (in comparison) Murray isn't likely to give him a pay rise given the current situation and if another club dangled the carrot... lets be honest the wee man would be crazy not to take it, and I certainly wouldnt resent him for it ether.

Novo as I said at the beginning is already a legend of the club, but if he leaves this season then he'll be remembered as a legend of the club, as if he stays not playing matches and getting more pissed off then he'll fade away and be moved on in a free transfer and long forgotten. MAYBE it is time for the wee man to move onfor his own benefit mostly, and maybe Walter should think about the whole being remembered as a legend and move on as well...

At last some one who can see things for what they are.

To be honest I've been thinking it for a long time but was waiting for someone to start a topic on the wee man. Whether the current rumours are true or not, I reckon he would certainly be pressured to leave if an offer came, and as I said if somone like Hull dangled the carrot he should take it.

I thought you had more respect for fellow members Coop. I was only stating my opinion and i am entitled to it, being told to " shut up " as soon as i said it was the last thing i was expecting on RM , especially from you. You may know who contacts is , but i don't and i don't have to believe anything he says. There are too many bullshiters out there and i choose to believe nothing i read on forums untill it has offically happened.

I have never read anything of his he has posted on other forums , but judging by the sutff he has posted on here there has been no evidence at all that he is a reliable source. (tu)

Guys it is time to chill and let events unfold. Over the course of the next 12 months people can determine if my stuff is shit or not.

I think we all need a day out on the bevy.... :beer1:

I apologise smif, I was way too strong in my post there. My mistake totally.

He said Luke Moore was " done and dusted " .. A Fee of 1.5million.. we didnt even agree for Luke Moore in the end.

And i could have posted that Novos agent was looking at possibilties. Just had to read yesterdays paper and that could back it up to some extent.

People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones RDB.

I think that's an awful tone to adopt and a pathetic way for a Moderator to converse with a member of the boards. Smif is just stating the obvious here that contacts could be anyone posting rumours to disrupt the harmony of the support.

Why does he post only negative stories? Surely if he is as close to players or "contacts" within Ibrox then he would have at least one positive story to bring to us?

I'm not saying that contacts is at the wind up here but I'm saying everyone reserves the right to have their own opinion on what someone posts... especially so when someone posts negative unsubstantiated rumours day after day.

Maybe I could have put it better, I agree.

However, if I need your advice on how to moderate Rangersmedia, I will ask (tu)

If I wanted to give my advice on how to moderate Rangersmedia, I would have given it.

However, i didn't. I gave my opinion. The work THINK gives that away.

From what I have seen today from you in particular, your style in knocking down posters with lines such as "shut up" and "wise up" coupled with your sarcastic reply to me, I am in two minds whether or not to stick around on this board.

Guys it is time to chill and let events unfold. Over the course of the next 12 months people can determine if my stuff is shit or not.

I think we all need a day out on the bevy.... :beer1:

your bound to see our point yourself m8,a reputation has to be built up,if your indeed an informed person on matters like this then it wont be long until we see these rumours come true,then it will be proven that you are in the know.but until then your just another member to the majority of regulars here.

(tu) ive never ment any offence to you btw,just tryin to get a point across :)

He said Luke Moore was " done and dusted " .. A Fee of 1.5million.. we didnt even agree for Luke Moore in the end.

And i could have posted that Novos agent was looking at possibilties. Just had to read yesterdays paper and that could back it up to some extent.

People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones RDB.

In swings in both ways mate (tu)

Luke Moore? Pish

Novo is looking at What he can get down south? Novo is in the paper the next day saying hes going Nowere.

If i had posted these i would have been hounded out by now.

I apologise smif, I was way too strong in my post there. My mistake totally.

(tu) , Beers on me coop :beer2: :beer2:

In swings in both ways mate 00000042.gif

Luke Moore? Pish

Novo is looking at What he can get down south? Novo is in the paper the next day saying hes going Nowere.

youve posted alot of crazy rumours and aint been hounded out yet,your the resident pish talker so your safe me thinks :craphead:

In swings in both ways mate (tu)

Luke Moore? Pish

I just find it Ironic that the biggest bullshitter on the board (no offence) is hounding someone else about rumors.

Maybe I could have put it better, I agree.

However, if I need your advice on how to moderate Rangersmedia, I will ask (tu)

If I wanted to give my advice on how to moderate Rangersmedia, I would have given it.

However, i didn't. I gave my opinion. The work THINK gives that away.

From what I have seen today from you in particular, your style in knocking down posters with lines such as "shut up" and "wise up" coupled with your sarcastic reply to me, I am in two minds whether or not to stick around on this board.

I've agreed with most of your posts , although there has been little of them. I advise you stick around on the board mate , Great bunch of bears and bearettes (tu) We are all passionate about football and rangers here and sometimes let out emoticons get the best of us. Coop meant no harm by telling me to shut up , if you stick around you will realise he is a very highly respected member of the board. Its a fantastic forum and great place to post (tu) Stick around , it'll be worth it.

youve posted alot of crazy rumours and aint been hounded out yet,your the resident pish talker so your safe me thinks :craphead:

As i said, i posted 1 or 2 rumours about Alan Smith.

This guy, say Luke Moore was done and dusted. Did it happen? Yet everyones backing up hes a reliable source.

Anyone good have posted these 2 statements without any sources.