Centre Half Pairing

Who would you put at centre back for the rest of the season?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you put at centre back for the rest of the season?

• Weir and Svensson
    • Weir and Webster
    • Weir and Hemdani
    • Weir and Ehiogh(sp)
    • Svensson and Webster
    • Svensson and Hemdani
    • Svensson and Ehiogh
    • Webster and Hemdani
    • Webster and Ehiogh
    • Hemdani and Ehiogh
    • Play 3 at the back

I know its been untested but If we played with three at the back, with 5 in the middle then that way we could have buffel in their in his preferred role behind the front two.

AM

Weir Ehiogu Webster

Burke Hemdani Ferguson Smith

Buffel

Boyd Prso

When defending we could always have Smith drop back and the back three rotating.

What u think?

I'd give Weir and Svensson 5 or 6 games together. If Svensson starts to look the real deal, stick with it. If not, I would give Webster his chance. In my opinion, Webster was the best CB in the SPL before he left Hearts, I don't care what happened at Wigan, I believe he can do a good job for us.

I know its been untested but If we played with three at the back, with 5 in the middle then that way we could have buffel in their in his preferred role behind the front two.

AM

Weir Ehiogu Webster

Buffel

Boyd Prso

When defending we could always have Smith drop back and the back three rotating.

What u think?

Think that if you were to do that it should be Hutton or a wing back instead of burkey and play with two wingback and buffel in a free role. Other than that i think it could work, three solid defenders, mabye need a pacey one in there cos they three are quite slow

AM

Weir Ehiogu Webster

Buffel

Boyd Prso

What u think?

I think that in nearly 50 years of watching Rangers this would have to be the SLOWEST team I'd have seen (td)

AM

Weir        Ehiogu      Webster

Burke          Hemdani    Ferguson    Smith

Buffel

Boyd                      Prso       

What u think?

I think that in nearly 50 years of watching Rangers this would have to be the SLOWEST team I'd have seen (td)

wholeheartedly agree - how fuckin depressing would watching this lot be!

I'm really torn on this, TBH. Eventually, I'd like to see Webster and Svensson of course. For now, I'm thinking Weir with Svensson is a good start and lets us see how Karl can settle down. Hopefully Walter has him staying late for extra heading practice.

Weir and Webster for me - they are the 2 best players on papaer IMO and I thinkg the Scotland set up will have the added benefit of them having played together before (in training at least).

Svensson needs games to build up skill and confidence though - that is something that cannot be ignored as Weir, Ehiogu and Webster are all short term deals (although hopefully Webster will become a permanat signing) and we need to get Svensson playing to his potential.

This is a hard one.....as I said earlier on another thread I think we need to build for the future...

However Im sure that even when Webster is fit I have a feeling from Wattie's preference he wil go for experience.

Id like to see both Webster and Svensson benefit from the experience of these 2 older players...the problem with that is that it means chopping and changing the CH pairing.

AM

Weir Ehiogu Webster

Buffel

Boyd Prso

What u think?

As far as I know Walter has never played with a back three with Rangers Everton or Scotland.

I really don't see him doing it now.

It's not the time for experiments.