Has Ally walked?

bearsrus

That he is a Bear, and, has NOT been talking shite in the press perhaps?

I would rather Smith went upstairs and Coisty took over to be fair, and, someone else apart from Bain dealt with transfers

That would be another stop gap move. McCoist should not be Rangers manager anytime soon. We'll be in the same situation as we are just now 6/12/18 months down the line with McCoist in charge.

We have to rid ourselves of this "jobs for the boys" nonsense.

Or it could have the same effect as last time a player with no management experience took over, Mr Souness. Then again, with the current negative views going about, i cant imagine anyone seeing that.

The main "outs" we need are Murray and Bain

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing been reported anywhere yet but i reckon it could be true, hopefully smith will follow. I dont rate either and lets be honest, Ally would still be on Question of Sport if Knox was available. He's a joker and thats about it!!

Interesting view

As I said earlier, I was sure some would conveniently forget that it was McCoists teams who won both cups last season. Not bad for "a joker and thats about it"

those cup runs were hardly the best football we've seen though.

we struggled badly against division 1 teams more than once, and debatably were lucky to beat Dundee Utd in that final.

I'd be worried if Ally took over now, I'm not sure if he has what it takes.

Nothing been reported anywhere yet but i reckon it could be true, hopefully smith will follow. I dont rate either and lets be honest, Ally would still be on Question of Sport if Knox was available. He's a joker and thats about it!!

Interesting view

As I said earlier, I was sure some would conveniently forget that it was McCoists teams who won both cups last season. Not bad for "a joker and thats about it"

I could have won both those cups. We played no one and were lucky in the league cup and made it hard in the scottish cup. also u really think that smith had no imput at all innto the cups!

Or it could have the same effect as last time a player with no management experience took over, Mr Souness. Then again, with the current negative views going about, i cant imagine anyone seeing that.

The main "outs" we need are Murray and Bain

Souness wasnt a jobs for the boys appointment at the time though. We have a poor general feeling hanging over the club and its down to the pally nature of everything.

I'm sure Ally said he would protest with the fans if Cuellar got sold a while back!

He did. He said if Cuellar was sold the fans would burn Ibrox to the ground and he'd be joining them. Or words to that effect.

I hope Ally has, not because i dont like him. It was his teams choice that won us two cups mind, not WS.

If he has walked i hope its out of protest.

It just shows the perilous state our club is in.

(tu) mccoist is the only one I would like to stay! if not as AM the striker coach.

i think come January if nothings changed new management is definently required. no one's reputation exceeds the club and the current regime should know that better than most.

in this climate a guy like Craig Levein would be a welcome manager in my eyes. Young manager, ambitious, outspoken, takes no shit, knows how to line a team up and have a go, plays good football. And taking the step up he'd have better players to work with and probably a better scouting team than ours (wouldnt be hard !).

A european manager wont work again unless there is sufficient funds, otherwise a manager used to working with not a lot is required and you'll get that in Scotland so why look abroad ?

my only problem would be some Rangers supporters would treat him the same way they treated McLeish. Big Eck is actually a very good manager, and its took me the PLG and Smith era to realise that. No matter what he does, he wont be accepted. McLeish was to us what Strachan is to Celtic. Some will just never accept it.

I hope he has. It would be yet another wake up call to Murray to stop flushing the fucking club down the raod and start backing it.

:rangers:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...04/ai_n25391099

"But I think if we attempted to sell Carlos Cuellar at this moment in time the fans would burn the place down. . . and I'd be one of them."

I'm sure Ally said he would protest with the fans if Cuellar got sold a while back!

He did. He said if Cuellar was sold the fans would burn Ibrox to the ground and he'd be joining them. Or words to that effect.

You got a link to that?

Link

Nearer the bottom of the article.

It was the Sunday Mail mind, not exactly reliable, but they do attribute the quote to him.

a thread on another site is suggesting Ally has walked out, anyone know if there's any truth??

I hope he has as it would be another sign of murray flushing the club dow the fucking road. We had our dream team in place Jan 07 and great things were done last year. Where is the 30m from the UEFA Cup run to invest and improve the team this year????????

Much as it hurts to say it. Murray and Martin "TangoTan" Bain OUT!!!!!!

You got a link to that?

Link

Nearer the bottom of the article.

It was the Sunday Mail mind, not exactly reliable, but they do attribute the quote to him.

Good Find, I thought he said something about protesting (tu)

Hibernian v Rangers

May 4 2008 By Mark Guidi

Carlos Not Interested In England Hibernian V Rangers Today, Kick-Off 2pm Live Setanta Sports

CARLOS CUELLAR last night promised he won't quit Rangers in the summer for a big-money move to the Premiership.

The Spaniard has been outstanding at the heart of the Ibrox defence since arriving from Osasuna in a s2.2million deal last year.

And his stunning displays in Rangers' run to the UEFA Cup Final have attracted the attention of clubs down south.

Kevin Keegan is keen to take Cuellar to Newcastle and plans to make a bid of around s9million.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is also well aware of the stopper's ability but Cuellar wants to stay and help Rangers build on the solid foundations put down this season.

As he prepared for this afternoon's vital SPL game at Hibs, Cuellar said: "I have settled quickly and that's because I came to Scotland with a desire to do well.

"I am happy at Rangers and have a contract until summer 2011.

"I know there has been talk about clubs being interested inme and a lot ofmoney has been mentioned but that is out of my control.

"My only thought is about trying to win our next game.We have a busy period coming up and need to focus to win the SPL."

Cuellar has built a strong partnership with DavieWeir (below) and hopes the veteran defender stays at Ibrox for another season.

The 37-year-old might move back to an English club for the new season and Carlos said: "Davie is my friend and that's why we have such a good partnership.

"I'd like to see him play for at least one more year with Rangers. It is possible because he is in great physical condition."

Gers assistant manager Ally McCoist has been impressed with the way Cuellar has performed in his maiden SPL campaign.

And he reckons the stopper has been every bit as inspirational as Brian Laudrup was during the nine-in-a-row era.

McCoist said: "We used to attract big-name foreigners but that is not the case now. The best all play for teams like Milan, Liverpool and Chelsea. Finances dictate.

"We now have to get a different type of foreigner. We have found Carlos and he is without doubt as valuable to this team as Laudrup was to the side I played in.

"They are completely different types of players but in terms of their value to the team Carlos is as important as anything we have.

"That is the type of playerwe are looking for - someone whowill give us something else.

"John Brown fancied him as much as anyone and he knows a defender when he sees one.

"Carlos is receiving attention and it comes with the territory that clubs are sniffing around him.

"We can't stop that and have to take it as a compliment.

"But if we tried to sell Carlos now I think the fans would be there to burn the place down - and I would be one of them."

Cuellar's performances haven't gone unnoticed by Spain boss Luis Aragones and a call-up to the full squad might not be far off.

He's running out of time to reach Euro 2008 but helping Gers lift the UEFA Cup would aid his cause.

The defender said: "They are talking about the possibility of me being involved in the squad. I would be thrilled if that happened and winning the UEFA Cup may well increase my chances. It would put me in the spotlight."

Rangers came under fire again for their style of football after seeing off Fiorentina on penalties last week to reach the final.

Werder Bremen and Barcelona also took pot-shots at Gers after facing them in Europe but Cuellar defended his club against the flak.

He said: "Maybe Fiorentina were better than us but the best team doesn't always win. That's life.

"It doesn't matter to me what Fiorentina or any other side say.

"The losing team always seems to make negative comments. All I care about is being ready for Sunday's match at Hibs and the seven games we have after that. That is the most important thing.

"The players have been through many matches this season but that is why we are footballers.

"We would rather have that than be out of every competition and able to go on our summer holidays earlier than every other player.

"At the moment things are looking good and we are in line to win four trophies - but there is still a long way to go.

"Whether we can win everything remains to be seen but there will be no lack of effort.

"We have to bring out every last drop."

I hope he has. It would be yet another wake up call to Murray to stop flushing the fucking club down the raod and start backing it.

"But I think if we attempted to sell Carlos Cuellar at this moment in time the fans would burn the place down. . . and I'd be one of them."

well we will find out if he is a man or a mouse.

there is some reporters outside ibrox at the moment.

I don't know why - all the business dealings are done at Auchenhowie these days, you'll hardly find a player or a member of the management team at Ibrox except on match-days.

Sounds like a wild rumour this one.

well we will find out if he is a man or a mouse.

Yep we'll find out if he sticks to his guns, or just another puppet :unsure:

"But if we tried to sell Carlos now I think the fans would be there to burn the place down - and I would be one of them."

Did we though?

Yeah we did thats the point, Ally said this after the hibs game at the end of the season.

Lets see if he sticks to his guns and sides with the fans

Did we though?

Yeah we did thats the point

If you believe that Cuellar excercised a release clause, then no we didn't.