Aaron

jjcale27

i think aaron is not playing to his full potential because he is stuck out wide left aaron should be played through the middle just of the main striker then i think we might see the best of him

Aye coz thats his natural position isnt it!

How do you know where he should be played?!?!

People have seen him in the Euros and in some reserve games and hes i winger, what mates you think hes should played behind the strikers...

Even better than that, when have we EVER played that way under Smith...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I was one of the few who urged caution when we signed him while others thought we had Messi on our hands.

If he was good enough, he'd be in. And he's a Walter signing so there's no excuse.

Did you?

Aug 13 2008, 08:00 PM

At last. The quality we've needed. And he looks quality. Hence if Smith doesn't play him I will personally slap the grey haired duffer.

Tomorrow is the perfect opportunity to give him a 1st team run out - if the likes of Adam, McCulloch and Whittaker may feature then so should Aaron!

How many of those outraged by his continued absence from the first team are actually watching him in reserves?

I hazard a guess at few of you.

I've watched him a number of times and guys like Loy and Fleck are simply outperforming him with ease.

He looks below average and seems totally ill at ease.

Right now, his reputation means jack to me. And I was one of the few who urged caution when we signed him while others thought we had Messi on our hands.

If he was good enough, he'd be in. And he's a Walter signing so there's no excuse.

You urged caution, then got him as your sig thus cursing him forever. :craphead:

:lol:

I needed something very quick to replace Judas Cuellar. Mind you, Davis is doing ok ain't he ;)

Ive watched a few reserve games and I'd agree that Loy and Fleck are out-performing him and I think they should be given a chance before Aaron. He hardly looks any better than any of the youngsters we already have, and I think he'll be back at Valencia soon.

I honestly do not understand the original hype about him. If his name was Aaron MacGlumpher he'd be plying his trade in the first division from what I've seen of him.

Come on if he wasn't good enough, one he wouldn't have played in the CL at the age of 16, two he wouldn't have come on loan he would have been signed and three he wouldn't have won all the accolades he has so far.

I will agree though he hasn't been outstanding yet but we have to give the boy a chance and I think that tomorrow is a perfect chance.

Mate, Im only going by what Ive seen in the reserves.

i think aaron is not playing to his full potential because he is stuck out wide left aaron should be played through the middle just of the main striker then i think we might see the best of him

Aye coz thats his natural position isnt it!

How do you know where he should be played?!?!

People have seen him in the Euros and in some reserve games and hes i winger, what mates you think hes should played behind the strikers...

Even better than that, when have we EVER played that way under Smith...

Dude. I watch Aaron weekly in reserves and he's NOT a true winger, but in comparison to the winger(s) (well, DMB) we have here he is great. He's scared of a lot of the tackles full backs put in to slow wingers down, and his NATURAL POSITION is a second striker. Like Miller. That's what kind of player Aaron is. He's a supporting striker. Furthermore, that's where he played in the Euros.

But winger will do.

• 2 months later...

I said when we signed this kid that I doubted whether Wattie would give him a chance.....i did not think what chance he had would be restricted to a 10 minute cameo against Accies.......shameful